Windows 10: Microsoft Store app crashing when I try to access "redeem a code" option / edgehtml.dll problem

Discus and support Microsoft Store app crashing when I try to access "redeem a code" option / edgehtml.dll problem in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Native Microsoft Store app is crashing when I try to access "redeem a code" option making claiming any code via system impossible. Application doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nebthtet, Jan 28, 2023.

1. Nebthtet Win User

Microsoft Store app crashing when I try to access "redeem a code" option / edgehtml.dll problem

Native Microsoft Store app is crashing when I try to access "redeem a code" option making claiming any code via system impossible. Application doesn't display any error and only logs the crash in Event Viewer. I tried resetting and repairing Store app - to no avail. Problem persists for a long time, through multiple updates & restarts.My system version:Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎08.‎11.‎2022 OS build 22621.1105 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22638.1000.0 Looking at Event Viewer logs it's clear that the problem is caused by edgehtml.dll - I also tried

:)

Nebthtet, Jan 28, 2023

2. Windows Store to get more UI improvements, in-app Redeem feature, ....

Windows Store to get more UI improvements, in-app Redeem feature, and more

Microsoft Store app crashing when I try to access "redeem a code" option / edgehtml.dll problem [​IMG]

Read more: http://mspoweruser.com/windows-store...ture-and-more/

Cluster Head, Jan 28, 2023
  3. Purchasing a APP with Redeemable Points ?

Hello Robert,

Having an option to purchase an app with redeemable points is beneficial, especially, if you've already accumulated a lot of points. To provide you the appropriate steps to redeem the points that you've earned, I'd like to verify the following:

• Are you trying to redeem points that you've earned by using Microsoft Store? If not, which app are you using to earn the points that you want to use?
    • Are you getting any error messages or error codes?
    • Which application are you trying to purchase?

We look forward to your response.

Zedrick Del, Jan 28, 2023
  4. Aaron_Sum Win User

Microsoft Store app crashing when I try to access "redeem a code" option / edgehtml.dll problem

I redeemed the code with my minecraft account for minecraft windows 10, but when i go to the microsoft store it says i need to buy it

Hi,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have already redeemed the code for Minecraft. I would suggest check the Order History in your Microsoft account to see if the code is already redeemed and
    linked your account. To do that you can refer the article to
    Redeem a gift card or code to your Microsoft
    , under ‘Troubleshooting’, please refer the section ‘The code was already redeemed’. After this, make sure to check if you have logged into Windows
    Store using the same Microsoft account through which the code was redeemed.

If the code is redeemed, linked to your account and if you have logged in with the same account in Windows Store on your system, but you are still not able to find the option to download and install the game, I would suggest you
    to follow the steps below and check if it is helpful to you.

Steps to reset Windows Store:

1. Click on the Start button, type
      cmd, right-click on it and select Run as administrator.
    2. Type wsreset.exe and press
      Enter.
    3. The execution of this command may take some time, after which, you can check if you are able to install the game.

If the issue persists, please reply to us with the results of the suggestions provided above. We will look into this and we will be glad to assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Jan 28, 2023
Thema:

1. Microsoft Store app crashing when I try to access "redeem a code" option / edgehtml.dll problem - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store app

2. Microsoft App Store closes automatically when trying to access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft App Store closes automatically when trying to access: I am operating on Windows 11 and the Microsoft store app keeps closing automatically every time I try to run it. I get the prompt to view more details about the error and it directs me to the below link about fixing the .NET Framework application. I've gone through all the...
  3. Microsoft App Store closes automatically when trying to access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft App Store closes automatically when trying to access: I am operating on Windows 11 and the Microsoft store app keeps closing automatically every time I try to run it. I get the prompt to view more details about the error and it directs me to the below link about fixing the .NET Framework application. I've gone through all the...
  4. Microsoft Store app crashing when I try to access "redeem a code" option / edgehtml.dll problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store app crashing when I try to access "redeem a code" option / edgehtml.dll problem: Native Microsoft Store app is crashing when I try to access "redeem a code" option making claiming any code via system impossible. Application doesn't display any error and only logs the crash in Event Viewer. I tried resetting and repairing Store app - to no avail. Problem...
  5. Redeeming a code on Microsoft Store does not function.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Redeeming a code on Microsoft Store does not function.: Clicking "Redeem a code" on the Microsoft Store opens a password box. After entering my password, the box closes, returning me to the store. I've attempted running the Windows Store troubleshooter, resetting it in the apps settings, resetting the store's cache, and...
  6. Error code 0x8024500C when trying to download an app in the Microsoft Store

Error code 0x8024500C when trying to download an app in the Microsoft Store: I was laid off in 2020, and my employer let me keep my laptop. Whenever I try to download something in the Microsoft Store, I receive an error message that says: "Turn on Windows Update. This install is prevented by policy. Ask your admin to enable Windows Update. Code...
  7. "Code Redeemed" On Microsoft Store when I never redeemed that code

"Code Redeemed" On Microsoft Store when I never redeemed that code: I recently tried to redeem the code for the Minecraft Windows 10 version available to those who bought the Java version before sometime in 2018. I bought mine all the way back in 2012, so that would qualify me to get it. After looking around online, I saw that I had to go...
  8. I redeemed a product in the Microsoft store and cant even access it.

I redeemed a product in the Microsoft store and cant even access it.: Basically, in my browser, I've logged into the Microsoft store using my Gmail, I redeemed a product code successfully. But when I click on install, it opens the windows store app where I cant even log in with my gmail. I connected my gmail to my outlook, but I still...
  9. Error: The code is already redeemed when trying to redeem Minecraft for Windows 10 code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error: The code is already redeemed when trying to redeem Minecraft for Windows 10 code: When I purchased Minecraft, Minecraft for Windows 10 was included for free with the Java version. As a courtesy, Mojang provided me with a gift code for Minecraft for Windows 10, but whenever I go to the microsoft store to redeem the code, it says that it has already been...
  10. Cant redeem a code on microsoft store

Cant redeem a code on microsoft store: I followed the instruction go to this website https://redeem.microsoft.com/ put the code but when im trying to redeem it it appear this error Sorry, an unexpected error has occurred. The error has been recorded and we will investigate. Please try to redeem your code...