Windows 10: Microsoft Store app for Windows 10 updated with new features

Discus and support Microsoft Store app for Windows 10 updated with new features in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft today pushed out a new update for its Microsoft Store app for Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile. The app has been updated with new features... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 28, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft Store app for Windows 10 updated with new features

Microsoft today pushed out a new update for its Microsoft Store app for Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile. The app has been updated with new features along with the usual bug fixes and performance improvements on both Windows 10 PCs and Mobile.

The latest update pushes the app to new version 11806.1001.5.0 and comes with minor new features. The latest version of the Store app is currently rolling out to Windows 10 users who are enrolled in the Release Preview ring.

After the update, users will now be able to find a new side panel “My Collection” which shows all the applications which are divided into four different sections “All Owned”, “Installed Applications”, “Ready for Installation” and “Download progress”.

The four sections shows the different stages of the application like All Owned section shows all the applications which have been purchased by the users. Installed Applications shows the apps installed on your phone. Third section shows the applications which are read for installation and the last section shows the apps which are currently downloading on your PC or Mobile.

Microsoft has made some improvements to the Home screen by providing more space between the content along with a new side icon which shows you the details of the content and modifications made to the Show all icon.

Other improvement made by the Store team is the Windows 10 users will now be able to launch the applications directly from the “My collections” section. The team has also pushed out some fixes for the crashes reported by Windows 10 Mobile users and some tweaks to the hamburger menu have also been made in the latest Store app update.

As reported above the Store app update is being rolled out currently and is available for download for Insiders enrolled in Release Preview Ring on both Windows 10 PC and Mobile. Do let us know if you find anything new which has not been reported above in the comments below.

The post Microsoft Store app for Windows 10 updated with new features appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 28, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

http://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-purging-lot-low-quality-apps-windows-store

P4-630, Jun 28, 2018
  3. Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Jun 28, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jun 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Store app for Windows 10 updated with new features - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store app

2. Microsoft Store missing in Apps & Feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store missing in Apps & Feature: Hi community, recently I couldn't open Microsoft Store all of a sudden. I just wanted to check out the Windows version of the Minecraft Launcher provided in the store. The app icon is still in my "Start" menu as the screenshot below.But clicking it does nothing, and the...
  3. Microsoft Store missing in Apps & Feature

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store missing in Apps & Feature: Hi community, recently I couldn't open Microsoft Store all of a sudden. I just wanted to check out the Windows version of the Minecraft Launcher provided in the store. The app icon is still in my "Start" menu as the screenshot below.But clicking it does nothing, and the...
  4. Microsoft Store missing in Apps & Feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Microsoft store apps not showing in apps and features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store apps not showing in apps and features: Hello everyone, I'm Limon and I want to ask why my microsoft store app doesn't appear in apps and features I've tried resetting some apps via the search box but when I click on app settings settings it crashes and I'm trying to go back to Windows 10 to get everything back to...
  6. Microsoft store apps not showing in apps and features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store apps not showing in apps and features: Hello everyone, I'm Limon and I want to ask why my microsoft store app doesn't appear in apps and features I've tried resetting some apps via the search box but when I click on app settings settings it crashes and I'm trying to go back to Windows 10 to get everything back to...
  7. Microsoft’s Office apps updated for Insiders with new features on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s Office apps updated for Insiders with new features on Windows: Microsoft is releasing a new Office Insider build for Windows Desktop users. The latest update comes with new features for all the Office suite apps. The update pushes the Windows desktop version to 11001.20038. The update is a preview of the new features that will be rolled...
  8. Microsoft is reportedly testing new features for Windows 10 app store

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is reportedly testing new features for Windows 10 app store: Debuted back in 2012, Windows Store (now known as Microsoft Store) is an app store that would at some point replace Win32 programs concept altogether. Microsoft Store is slowly getting better, the number of apps has increased and the software maker is planning to sell...
  9. Microsoft is updating Mail & Calendar app on Windows 10 with new feature

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is updating Mail & Calendar app on Windows 10 with new feature: Microsoft has just released a new update for the Windows 10 Mail app and it introduces a new feature under the reading pane option. This version of Windows 10 Mail app was released for the users subscribed to the Windows Insider program and today you can download it on your...
  10. Microsoft updates Camera app on Windows 10 with new features for Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft updates Camera app on Windows 10 with new features for Insiders: Microsoft is today rolling out a new update for Windows Camera app on Windows 10 devices with two new features and improvements. The update bumps the app version to 2018.426.70.0, and you can download it if you’re enrolled in Windows Insider program. It’s not a big update,...