Windows 10: microsoft store app missing and cortana only half working

Discus and support microsoft store app missing and cortana only half working in Cortana to solve the problem; i have just bought a new lap top for my daughter and have set myself up as administrator and her as a child. initially cortana had the search box witht... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by belinda860, Jan 3, 2020.

1. microsoft store app missing and cortana only half working

i have just bought a new lap top for my daughter and have set myself up as administrator and her as a child. initially cortana had the search box witht the mic in it now this has disappeared, cortana is also missing from the start menu. when i go into the cortana settings there is no option to learn my voice which is a problem as it does not recognise my daughter. i can still ask questions which usually end in a web search. there are no boxes along the bottom of the cortana box when i activate it saying search for apps, docs or web.

the other issue ive found is that the Microsoft store app has disappeared so i cant download any apps. it was there initially but now it has gone.

ive tried;

trouble shooting - all fine

reset the computer keeping files but this has basically returned it to exactly the same state.

i am logged into my Microsoft account on my work computer and don't have these issues so i'm presuming its not to do with my Microsoft account/settings

im not massively computer savey and don't know what to do other than reset the computer again this time not keeping the files and presumably this will return it to the state when i first got it??

:)

belinda860, Jan 3, 2020
  2. Jan Del Win User

Microsoft Store App

Hi James,

Since running the troubleshooter for Windows app didn't work, we suggest resetting Windows Store by following the steps below to resolve your issue:

• Type Apps & features on search box/Cortana and click on it.
    • Look for Microsoft Store app and click on Advance options.
    • Click Reset button and retest.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide you further assistance.

Jan Del, Jan 3, 2020
  3. Microsoft Store App

Still having the same problem.

James Acosta, Jan 3, 2020
  4. microsoft store app missing and cortana only half working

microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

microsoft store app missing and cortana only half working

1. microsoft store app missing and cortana only half working - Similar Threads - microsoft store app

2. Missing Microsoft Store Apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Missing Microsoft Store Apps: Hello everyone,I was trying to redeem my Microsoft reward points for Roblox Premium, but when I tried searching for Roblox in the App Store, it does not pop up. All I found were knockoffs and random games instead. Keep in mind I did buy my device from China, which might have...
  3. Microsoft Store App Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store App Missing: I've seen quite a few answered questions regarding this issue however none of those workarounds are working for me. I can pull up powershell and I pasted in the "copy and paste this" stuff but all I get is a pop up saying I need to reinstall an app to support or something...
  4. Microsoft store and apps are missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store and apps are missing: I had to reinstall Windows 10 2004 and since then the Microsoft store and apps are missing. I have tried the things that appear on the web but can't get any ideas back?...
  5. Only 3 Microsoft Store apps are not working

Only 3 Microsoft Store apps are not working: I am using windows 10 pro 64bit.Only three apps -feedback hub, your phone, hill-climb racing are not getting installed from the store. Every other app is getting installed without any hassle.The installation process starts and in the process suddenly it shows error and hence...
  6. microsoft store & apps missing

microsoft store & apps missing: i had to reinstall windows 10 1909 and since then Microsoft store & apps are missing-have tried things listed on web but cannot git it back any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-apps-missing/c46101cd-6ad7-4a2a-9537-1921b430a465
  7. Cortana app missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cortana app missing: Edition.....Windows 10 Home Version......1909 OS Build........18363.657 Dell Desktop Recently noticed that Cortana app is missing from my app list not sure when it happened. Want to reinstall the app. Cannot find it in Microsoft store. Tried Powershell administrator...
  8. cortana not fully working and missing apps

cortana not fully working and missing apps: i have just bought a new lap top for my daughter and have set myself up as administrator and her as a child. initially cortana had the search box with the mic in it now this has disappeared, cortana is also missing from the start menu. when i go into the cortana settings...
  9. Microsoft store only using half my bandwidth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft store only using half my bandwidth: Whether I'm using the store app built into windows 10, or the xbox app, the download speed is consistently almost exactly half of my actual bandwidth. I've checked delivery optimization settings and they are all maxed out, so that's not it. I recently decided to try out the...
  10. Microsoft Store app missing

Microsoft Store app missing: Split from this thread. I lost my microsost store in my pc.How redownload the ms store application by fee https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-app-missing/a857f08d-fb49-457e-af17-54323e039f71"