Windows 10: Microsoft Store App Stuck on "Install"

Discus and support Microsoft Store App Stuck on "Install" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just performed a clean install of Windows 10 Pro Version 1803. I was installing Snip and Sketch from the Microsoft Apps Store, it completed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NorCal-DMB, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Microsoft Store App Stuck on "Install"

I just performed a clean install of Windows 10 Pro Version 1803.

I was installing Snip and Sketch from the Microsoft Apps Store, it completed the download and began the install, however, did not complete.

1/ I have and HP Desktop with a high speed internet connection.

2/ I tried running wsreset.exe as administrator with no positive result.

3/ I tried logging out of the Microsoft App Store and logging back in with no positive result.

4/ I ran the Microsoft Store App troubleshooter and got no errors.

5/ I can install other apps with no problem.

6/ I have restated my computer several times with no positive result.

7/ I cannot cancel the app because it never installed.

8/ I cannot un-install the app because it never installed.

9/ The app does not show in the Apps & Features section of Windows Settings

10/ If I click on the ... in the Snip and Sketch App Page it displays the "Install on my devices" Option, select my device it says it is attempting to install, it never does.

11/ I am using Windows Firewall so hope that should not be an issue.

12/ I stopped Widows defender from using SmartScreen for Microsoft StoreApps with no positive result.

13/ I downloaded and it successfully installed on my laptop.

14/ If I look in the Microsoft App Store "My Library" in the All Owned section it shows the application with a ! saying that the application does not work on the device, however, it worked prior to my new Windows 10 Pro clean install. If I look in the "Ready to Install" section it does not show the app. If I look in the "Downloads" section it does not show the app.

Any help would be appreciated. I would rather not re-install Windows to resolve if possible as I have spent considerable time getting everything back up and running.

:)

NorCal-DMB, Dec 2, 2018
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Uninstalled apps stuck "installing" in Microsoft Store (MSN News)

Hi Will,

A corrupted Microsoft Store cache is one of the possible reasons why some apps are stuck in an "installing phase" when you try to uninstall them. We suggest that you try running the
    Windows App troubleshooter to troubleshoot the issue.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you reset the Microsoft Store cache. You can follow the steps below to reset the Microsoft Store cache:

• Press Windows + R keys to open the run
      command
      box.
    • Type WSReset, then try launching Microsoft Store and sign in.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Dec 2, 2018
  3. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Dec 2, 2018
  4. sam02 Win User

Microsoft Store App Stuck on "Install"

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Store App Stuck on "Install"

1. Microsoft Store App Stuck on "Install" - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store App

2. Microsoft store Xbox app stuck installing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store Xbox app stuck installing: Hi i've recently downloaded a fresh version of windows on a new ssd and I cannot download the Xbox in order to get games pass games. I left my PC to downlad forza horizon 5 from the microsoft store then there was some sort of update to the store which requires me to have the...
  3. Microsoft store Xbox app stuck installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store Xbox app stuck installing: Hi i've recently downloaded a fresh version of windows on a new ssd and I cannot download the Xbox in order to get games pass games. I left my PC to downlad forza horizon 5 from the microsoft store then there was some sort of update to the store which requires me to have the...
  4. Microsoft store Xbox app stuck installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Apps won't install in Microsoft Store, stuck in the ready to install section

Apps won't install in Microsoft Store, stuck in the ready to install section: I am trying to install 2 apps: Whatsapp Desktop and Taskade. Microsft Store says that I own the app but when I click to install it nothing would happen. So I went to the Ready to Install section and clicked install there. All that happens there is that the button disappears...
  6. Apps won't install in Microsoft Store, stuck in the ready to install section

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps won't install in Microsoft Store, stuck in the ready to install section: I am trying to install 2 apps: Whatsapp Desktop and Taskade. Microsft Store says that I own the app but when I click to install it nothing would happen. So I went to the Ready to Install section and clicked install there. All that happens there is that the button disappears...
  7. Apps won't install in Microsoft Store, stuck in the ready to install section

8. Microsoft Apps and Store Stuck at Loading

Microsoft Apps and Store Stuck at Loading: Help me with my Windows Apps like Photos, Groove Music, and Other Microsoft Apps cant be accessed. The first thing I see when I restart my desktop is Cortana is updating and wait a moment but it looks like the updating doesn't move. Here's a photo of what I mean. The closest...
  9. Microsoft store stuck on the installing

Microsoft store stuck on the installing: I was downloading minecraft trial from windows store and it got and after it completed downloading it and started installing, It got stuck there and did not proceed.Things I have tried: 1. update Windows2. pausing for a while and resuming again...
  10. Microsoft store app installer stuck at 16%?!

Microsoft store app installer stuck at 16%?!: hey there! i cannot download with microsoft store! and i found a way by pasting the app link and then download it! but it freezez at 16%! if i try to use command prompt to install it the app would crash! it feels like i cannot download anything i want from the store this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows store stuck installing

2. microsoft store stuck on install

3. microsoft store app stuck installing

4. windows 10 app stuck installing,
  5. windows store app stuck on install,
  6. windows 10 apps stuck on installing,
  7. microsoft store apps stuck on installing,
  8. microsf store stuck at install,
  9. microsoft store app stuck on install,
  10. apps stuck on installing on windows 10,
  11. windows store stuck on installing,