Windows 10: Microsoft Store apps become unusable after restarting computer (Windows 10)

Discus and support Microsoft Store apps become unusable after restarting computer (Windows 10) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I got the Xbox Game Pass for PC and downloaded some games. They work perfectly, but after the first shutdown of my computer, the apps become unusable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jerkki123, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Microsoft Store apps become unusable after restarting computer (Windows 10)

I got the Xbox Game Pass for PC and downloaded some games. They work perfectly, but after the first shutdown of my computer, the apps become unusable and a message says: "[Game] can't open because it is offline".

I go to the folders of these games in WindowsApps folder and most files have a LOCK icon on them and when trying to use them it says that I lack permission to do anything with them.

I change the owners and permissions from the security tabs to my user and everyone etc. and no help.

I once deleted WindowsApps, reinstalled the games and it worked, but stopped working again after shutting down my computer.

Now I'm in a situation where I have deleted the WindowsApps folder but can't install any apps anymore on that drive (I don't have space on my system drive).

Someone please help. I don't even know how to contact Xbox or Windows support regarding this matter.

submitted by /u/jerkki123
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jerkki123, Dec 20, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, Dec 20, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Dec 20, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Microsoft Store apps become unusable after restarting computer (Windows 10)

Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Store apps become unusable after restarting computer (Windows 10)

1. Microsoft Store apps become unusable after restarting computer (Windows 10) - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store apps

2. Windows 11, Microsoft Store is Unusable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, Microsoft Store is Unusable: Bought a new PC on windows 11, and I'm trying to do the updates on the Microsoft store. The updates take 15 minutes to detect and are either stuck on pending, paused, or download at around 5 kb/s. We download at 7 mb/s on everything else so it is just the store. So we are...
  3. Windows 11, Microsoft Store is Unusable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11, Microsoft Store is Unusable: Bought a new PC on windows 11, and I'm trying to do the updates on the Microsoft store. The updates take 15 minutes to detect and are either stuck on pending, paused, or download at around 5 kb/s. We download at 7 mb/s on everything else so it is just the store. So we are...
  4. Windows 10 has become unusable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 has become unusable: I have a simple machine that is only used for a few things at home. It has been very stable and reliable until lately. I started having problems end of October 2021 in the following order: 1 cannot print to a printer shared by another machine at home, 2 Excel 2010 and Word I...
  5. Windows 10 has become unusable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 has become unusable: I have a simple machine that is only used for a few things at home. It has been very stable and reliable until lately. I started having problems end of October 2021 in the following order: 1 cannot print to a printer shared by another machine at home, 2 Excel 2010 and Word I...
  6. Windows 10 has become unusable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Mail and Microsoft Store unusable???

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Mail and Microsoft Store unusable???: Hi,Just about had my fill of Microsoft Store, especially with the updates, whats going on with it?, Code: 0x80244018 ERROR constantly, download bar isnt operating correctly, download about half the update for example Mail and Calendar and download speed drops to nothing then...
  8. Windows 10 becomes unresponsive after being unused

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 becomes unresponsive after being unused: So, my computer has recently started acting weird. When I stop using it for a while, my computer becomes unresponsive. My mouse turns off and plugging it back in doesn't do anything. The only way to make it responsive, is to turn the computer on and off. It might be a...
  9. My computer is randomly stuttering and it becomes almost unusable.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer is randomly stuttering and it becomes almost unusable.: My computer is stuttering a lot recently, happens at any time such as playing a game, watching youtube, or even when I am just on the desktop idle. Specs: Ryzen 5 1500x 1060 6GB Zotac Mini Biostar B350gt5 BX300 Crucial 240GB SSD Toshiba P300 7200RPM 1TB HDD Video of...
  10. Windows Explorer has become unusable.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer has become unusable.: I am almost unable to make any use of Windows Explorer, because the size of its text and icons has shrunk to such minute proportions it cannot be read, even when using a magnifier. It is not about text size in Settings, text is unreadable however large it is 'set.' I do...