Windows 10: Microsoft Store apps crashing

Discus and support Microsoft Store apps crashing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have just built a new PC, and I downloaded the game Sea of Thieves (one of my faves) and sadly it will not work. The game will download fine, then as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by I am a Magikarp, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Microsoft Store apps crashing

I have just built a new PC, and I downloaded the game Sea of Thieves (one of my faves) and sadly it will not work. The game will download fine, then as soon as you launch it all you get is a small windowed frame with the game title for about 2 minutes before it crashes with no error codes given.

I have tried other games such as Snake Pass from the store and it does the same thing. I've spoken with countless agents over the last 2 months and not got a straight answer other than "It has been escalated", only to never hear a peep. I have tried all the previous threads recommendations as far as troubleshooting all the no avail.

Has anyone had this issue? Or is having this issue as well?

PC Specs:

i5 8600k

1080ti

ASUS Max hero x

Windows 10 home 64 bit

Thanks,

Magikarp

:)

I am a Magikarp, Jan 21, 2019

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Jan 21, 2019
  3. sam02 Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Jan 21, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft Store apps crashing

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

http://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-purging-lot-low-quality-apps-windows-store

P4-630, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Store apps crashing

1. Microsoft Store apps crashing - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store apps

2. Microsoft Store Roblox app crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store Roblox app crash: I'm on Windows 11When i lunch roblox with the MS store he crash i have already trying to reset/restore the appthere is a link for the application log : event.evtxAnd i have already try to check and fix corrupt file...
  3. Microsoft store apps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store apps crashing: I was using WhatsApp client desktop version; I downloaded it from Microsoft store, and it suddenly got crashed.The event viewer details are pasted below.https://docs.google.com/document/d/10zcRCR9ibeALPeT1JUBOwDHE3JflHoU1O0j9Cvgmyj8/edit?usp=sharing...
  4. Microsoft store apps crashing

Microsoft store apps crashing: I was using WhatsApp client desktop version; I downloaded it from Microsoft store, and it suddenly got crashed.The event viewer details are pasted below.https://docs.google.com/document/d/10zcRCR9ibeALPeT1JUBOwDHE3JflHoU1O0j9Cvgmyj8/edit?usp=sharing...
  5. Microsoft Store Apps Crash On Launch

Microsoft Store Apps Crash On Launch: Hello,I'll get straight to the question. I downloaded ARK Survival Evolved from the Microsoft Store on my PC. However, when I try to launch ARK the application opens for about 2 seconds then closes. This same issue also happens when I try and launch ROBLOX, except ROBLOX...
  6. Microsoft Store Apps Crash On Launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Apps Crash On Launch: Hello,I'll get straight to the question. I downloaded ARK Survival Evolved from the Microsoft Store on my PC. However, when I try to launch ARK the application opens for about 2 seconds then closes. This same issue also happens when I try and launch ROBLOX, except ROBLOX...
  7. Microsoft store apps keep crashing

Microsoft store apps keep crashing: when few microsoft store apps are run [snipping tool, windows terminal, photos], the app crashes as soon as they are ran.im currently running the latest stable release of windows 11 and the apps mentioned are up to date.This happens daily and sometimes a refresh fixes it but...
  8. CRASHING APPS, BROKEN MICROSOFT STORE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CRASHING APPS, BROKEN MICROSOFT STORE: Started a few days ago, any microsoft store apps, including microsoft store, open and then immediately crash. I can no longer type in the windows search bar. Xbox game bar no longer opens. I have tried many things, but none are yet to work, and I'd like to try to avoid having...
  9. Microsoft store apps crashing.

Microsoft store apps crashing.: I restored my windows using a restore point. Now, my microsoft store and all the microsoft store apps such as Photos, Mail, Calendar, Office, Calculator and all other apps crash when started. I have tried troubleshooting the microsoft apps and resetting these apps....
  10. Microsoft store apps crashing ONLY APPS, NOT MICROSOFT STORE ITSELF

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store apps crashing ONLY APPS, NOT MICROSOFT STORE ITSELF: Self explainatory What i tried: wsreset resetting apps and microsoft store powershell commands https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-apps-crashing-only-apps-not/cb65e10d-bcf3-4470-8fe2-37729445ff4c"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. store crashing after kb4512534