Windows 10: Microsoft Store Apps Icon background

Discus and support Microsoft Store Apps Icon background in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Any app, that I get from microsoft store has a square background behind their icon on my desktop, usually blue. Can anyone help me, and tell me how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PavelDobCZ23, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Microsoft Store Apps Icon background

Any app, that I get from microsoft store has a square background behind their icon on my desktop, usually blue. Can anyone help me, and tell me how to get rid of that background, to have it transparent?

This is what I am talking about:
    Microsoft Store Apps Icon background 38ee8f87-cdc4-41bd-898f-fdb9935df2d1?upload=true.png

Those icons appear in start menu without background square, so I want the same effect on my desktop:
    Microsoft Store Apps Icon background 2deb21c2-a7e0-43e6-a3bc-4a9e807bc8a4?upload=true.png

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

:)

PavelDobCZ23, Jan 19, 2021

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Jan 19, 2021
  3. sam02 Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Jan 19, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft Store Apps Icon background

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Store Apps Icon background

1. Microsoft Store Apps Icon background - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Apps

2. Default apps and Microsoft store app icons are gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default apps and Microsoft store app icons are gone: All of the default apps like Clock, Settings, Calculator and Microsoft Store app icons are gone and I've tried things like rebuilding icon cache which doesn't work and everything else I can't do because I'm not an adminThe icons are only gone when I search them in the search...
  3. Microsoft Store Apps Icons Not Showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Apps Icons Not Showing: i have a problem where the Microsoft store apps like whatsapp and Microsoft settings doesn't show icon like this i tried reinstalling nothing workedalso i tried creating a new user and it showed icons there but i want them shown in main user account...
  4. Microsoft Store Apps Icons Not Showing

Microsoft Store Apps Icons Not Showing: i have a problem where the Microsoft store apps like whatsapp and Microsoft settings doesn't show icon like this i tried reinstalling nothing workedalso i tried creating a new user and it showed icons there but i want them shown in main user account...
  5. Microsoft Store and Xbox App only showing background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store and Xbox App only showing background: At some point in the past few weeks, the Xbox app and Windows Store app have only been showing the background of the app:I have done the following, all to no avail:• Restarted my computer• Run wsreset.exe as admin• Run Repair and Reset on both apps• Run the Windows Store...
  6. Microsoft Store and Xbox App only showing background

Microsoft Store and Xbox App only showing background: At some point in the past few weeks, the Xbox app and Windows Store app have only been showing the background of the app:I have done the following, all to no avail:• Restarted my computer• Run wsreset.exe as admin• Run Repair and Reset on both apps• Run the Windows Store...
  7. Windows app icons background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows app icons background: So i accidentatly scrolled on desktop when my control was down, and the app icon sizes changed, i managed to get them back to normal size but now i have this stupid looking background on them, and the icons are centered small to there. Any fixes to this?...
  8. Microsoft Store Apps icon issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Store Apps icon issue: You see if i open an appbased on microsoft storethe app icon is missingbut dekstop based icons,its okSomeone pls help me with this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-apps-icon-issue/c30627cd-6ec3-4ddf-b832-c5406e1f03f1
  9. How to remove microsoft store apps icon background?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove microsoft store apps icon background?: [ATTACH] The blue bg behind the Groove music icon The brown bg behind the Microsoft store icon The blue bg behind the whatsapp desktop icon submitted by /u/GrandeNJR [link] [comments]...
  10. Microsoft Store Apps icons

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Apps icons: Hi, Hope someone can help shed some light on this. On my Windows 10 Pro machine, I have some apps accquired from the Microsoft store specifically iTunes and Forza Horizon 4. Everything was fine until last night when apparently for no reason the icons for those apps are now...