Windows 10: Microsoft Store apps install location

Discus and support Microsoft Store apps install location in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. I'm having problems trying to install games from Store. Before start I want to point out that I have an SSD and my windows installed in it so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by oğuzhangenç, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Microsoft Store apps install location

Hello. I'm having problems trying to install games from Store. Before start I want to point out that I have an SSD and my windows installed in it so I don't have much space in it there. I wan't to install games to my other drive which called X. I installed Forza Horizon 4 to my X Drive before but today (I recently updated my windows) after the update when try to install any game it asks me which folder to install but it only shows my SSD. I tried changing it by Win + I storage settings but it didn't help me.

:)

oğuzhangenç, Dec 9, 2019

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Dec 9, 2019
  3. sam02 Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Dec 9, 2019
  4. Microsoft Store apps install location

Can't install apps from the Windows Store

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to the location,
    C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\DataStore.edb

• Delete everything in this folder.
    Note: This shall delete all the Windows Store files and update. You may have to reinstall the updates.

I suggest you to refer the following Microsoft help article and check if it helps.

Why can’t I find or install an app from Windows store.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/why-find-install-app-windows-store

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10 as well.

Apps & Store

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/apps-store

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Store apps install location

1. Microsoft Store apps install location - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store apps

2. Microsoft store App download location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft store App download location: Someone please tell me why Microsoft store on windows PC is NOT allowing me to choose where I download apps to. It’s like they’re forcing me to download on my Local drive for what? So I can crash my computer and pay another few 1000$ for a replacement?They need to fix this...
  3. Microsoft store App download location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store App download location: Someone please tell me why Microsoft store on windows PC is NOT allowing me to choose where I download apps to. It’s like they’re forcing me to download on my Local drive for what? So I can crash my computer and pay another few 1000$ for a replacement?They need to fix this...
  4. Microsoft store App download location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. microsoft store app location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft store app location: so i need to install an app but it wont change the install location i have tried all the stuff i found on the internet like go to systems etc etc when i do that it says install on D: instead of C: but the store is still trying to install on C: i rebooted etc after changing it...
  6. microsoft store app location

microsoft store app location: so i need to install an app but it wont change the install location i have tried all the stuff i found on the internet like go to systems etc etc when i do that it says install on D: instead of C: but the store is still trying to install on C: i rebooted etc after changing it...
  7. Windows Store Apps install location is blank

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store Apps install location is blank: When looking at the Windows Store Application Enumeration in the vulnerability scanner, it shows all of the Store Applications.The problem we are having is that our vulnerability scanner sees BOTH of these versions of this software and several others like this example. The...
  8. Windows Store Apps install location is blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store Apps install location is blank: When looking at the Windows Store Application Enumeration in the vulnerability scanner, it shows all of the Store Applications.The problem we are having is that our vulnerability scanner sees BOTH of these versions of this software and several others like this example. The...
  9. Microsoft Store installed apps both locations

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store installed apps both locations: Hello, I choose Local Disk D for apps to install but Microsoft Store installed the apps both Local Drives I guess, and not just that, size of WindowsApps folder in C is bigger than D and I don't know why. When I checked the inside of Fallout 4 and 76 I saw game's exe files....
  10. Removing Windows Store App Install Location

Removing Windows Store App Install Location: Because I saw all the E3 news I thought, I'll check out how to install Windows Store apps to a seperate drive, instead of on my main drive. Unfortunately, using the "Change Where New Content Is Saved" settings pane for apps creates a bunch of folders in the root of the drive...