Windows 10: Microsoft Store apps pinned to taskbar

Discus and support Microsoft Store apps pinned to taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I pin a store app to the taskbar with a custom icon? I have a very minimalistic theme that I like to use for the taskbar. I customize all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Moshe Hirsch, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Microsoft Store apps pinned to taskbar

How can I pin a store app to the taskbar with a custom icon? I have a very minimalistic theme that I like to use for the taskbar. I customize all the shortcuts I pin to the taskbar but when I try to pin a shortcut to a store app it reverts back to its default icon. No other program does this and I'm not sure why store apps would be set to ignore custom shortcut icons.

Microsoft Store apps pinned to taskbar 84de100e-8694-408a-a73f-8dd2448c2153?upload=true.png

:)

Moshe Hirsch, Sep 27, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Query re pinning and unpinning apps to taskbar

Pinning an app to taskbar does not remove it from Start all apps list. It list in Start under letter M as in Microsoft Edge, you should find it there even when it is pinned to taskbar.

3. Unable to download app from Microsoft Store

It seems that this is a Chrome issue. Have you tried resetting Chrome?

On the other hand, we suggest that you open Microsoft Store app instead of opening Store through Chrome. The following are steps on how to open Microsoft Store on Windows 10:

• To open Microsoft Store on Windows 10, select the Microsoft Store icon on the taskbar.
    • If you don't see the Microsoft Store icon on the taskbar, it might have been unpinned. To pin it, select the Start button, type
      Microsoft Store, press and hold (or right-click) Microsoft Store, then choose More > Pin
      to taskbar
    • If Microsoft Store won't launch, get more info at Microsoft Store does
      not launch

Regards.

JohnMel And, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Microsoft Store apps pinned to taskbar

microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Store apps pinned to taskbar

1. Microsoft Store apps pinned to taskbar - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store apps

2. Microsoft Store redirects me to "This PC" when pinned to taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store redirects me to "This PC" when pinned to taskbar.: Like the title says. I have no idea why this is happening, it's not happening with any of the other programs that are pinned to the taskbar, and Microsoft Store launches normally from any other place. OS: Windows 11 Pro 2H22...
  3. Microsoft Store apps not showing icons in taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store apps not showing icons in taskbar: Recently some of the apps in my taskbar stop showing there icons like this :- I have tried *SFC*DISM*reinstalling display driver*restarting windows explorer*many more...
  4. Microsoft Store apps not showing icons in taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store apps not showing icons in taskbar: Recently some of the apps in my taskbar stop showing there icons like this :- I have tried *SFC*DISM*reinstalling display driver*restarting windows explorer*many more...
  5. How to Pin any App or Game to Taskbar using Microsoft Store in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to Pin any App or Game to Taskbar using Microsoft Store in Windows 11: [ATTACH]If you want to pin multiple apps or games to Taskbar using Microsoft Store, here is how you can do that. It is possible to pin any Microsoft Store app to the Windows 11 taskbar using this step-by-step tutorial. You can download tons of apps and games from Microsoft...
  6. Chrome Apps and Windows Store App Taskbar Pin Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chrome Apps and Windows Store App Taskbar Pin Issue: Windows apps and Chrome Apps pinning interfere with each other. How to recreate:Create a Chrome App from messenger.com. Pin it to the taskbar.Install Windows store Messenger app. Pin it to the taskbar.Now delete Chrome messenger.com pinWindows store Messenger app pin no...
  7. Taskbar not pinning APPS

Taskbar not pinning APPS: Hello I'm trying to pin applications on the task bar like google chrome and steam but every time I click pin to task bar it doesn't pin it, please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-not-pinning-apps/db37b999-97be-4215-96d0-60835a2dcb61
  8. Taskbar App Icon pins question - NOT 'pin to taskbar'

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar App Icon pins question - NOT 'pin to taskbar': [ATTACH] Hello all. I am trying to add some functionality to my taskbar icon for Microsoft Edge browser, similar to the pic posted below. Notice the Pinned section of the popup for Firefox. I put those links there myself, by clicking on the desired site's address in the...
  9. Taskbar pinned apps moving

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar pinned apps moving: I just got a new computer running Win10 build 1909, and my old computer was running 1709. In 1709 my pinned apps would stay in the order they were pinned. I found this useful as I would use the keyboard shortcuts to open the first 3 pinned apps i.e: Win+1 to open Sticky...
  10. working with pinned apps in the taskbar

working with pinned apps in the taskbar: hello everyone, i want to discuss the behaviour of pinned applications in the taskbar in win 10 if the things i state are false please feel free to educate me, i will appreciate it. the current state in windows 10 is as follows; if you pin an app to the taskbar the...