Windows 10: Microsoft Store Apps shown as black square icons

Discus and support Microsoft Store Apps shown as black square icons in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; My problem is Microsoft store shown as black square icon and any apps I installed from (eg. Microsoft edge - mail) and so on. you can see the image.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Ibra14, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Ibra14 Win User

Microsoft Store Apps shown as black square icons

My problem is Microsoft store shown as black square icon and any apps I installed from (eg. Microsoft edge - mail) and so on. you can see the image.

Microsoft Store Apps shown as black square icons 4dc494cd-c1cb-4819-b03f-72785d79b74f?upload=true.jpg

:)

Ibra14, Jun 4, 2019

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Jun 4, 2019
  3. sam02 Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Jun 4, 2019
  4. TomT Win User

Settings Notifications Icons Black Squares

Since the November update I've found my icons in Settings / Notifications 'Show notifications from these apps' are black squares.

I've tried deleting and rebuilding the icon and thumbnail caches, rebooted and still have the same.

Before the update they were fine and I've not noticed any other icons show the same.

Any way to clear or refresh these icons ?

TomT, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft Store Apps shown as black square icons - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Apps

2. Iphone square photo not shown in Pane Preview

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Iphone square photo not shown in Pane Preview: Could anyone make that exercise. Take a photo with your iPhone (mine is 5S) in the square format (the regular format works fine). Transfer the photo to your PC (mine is operated by Windows 10 Family version 1809). Use the thumbnails options in Explorer. The thumbnail of the...
  3. Icons have black square on them as I mouse over

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons have black square on them as I mouse over: I have an odd problem. Desktop can look 100% fine, then as I move the mouse cursor over the icons, as I move the mouse over each one, they have a black square around them. It seems completely random when it does it. Today it did it while installing a piece of software, then...
  4. Microsoft Store app icons don't appear in Search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Store app icons don't appear in Search: When I search for a Trusted Microsoft Store app (examples: Weather, Skype, News, HP Scan and Capture), I do not see the app icon. It appears as a blank default image icon. But in the list of apps, I do see them.[ATTACH]...
  5. Network icon not shown

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network icon not shown: Missing network icon from taskbar. I tried all methods for take back network icon but i unable. Please tell me what I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/network-icon-not-shown/4fc97438-ae59-430d-8bbd-b707201daeb2
  6. Settings Notifications Icons Black Squares

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings Notifications Icons Black Squares: Since the November update I've found my icons in Settings / Notifications 'Show notifications from these apps' are black squares. I've tried deleting and rebuilding the icon and thumbnail caches, rebooted and still have the same. Before the update they were fine and...
  7. Square line in desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Square line in desktop icons: Hello! I'm not sure if this is a bug or just an issue affect my PC, but every icon on my desktop has a square-shaped line on the bottom left. In the attached image, you can see Steam games, but it affects other shortcuts as well (I just tested with Word, for example). Is...
  8. Icons in the squares of Start menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Icons in the squares of Start menu: [img] Icons in some of the squares of start menu are missing. How to make them appear? 19148
  9. Open Settings Icon A Black Square in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Open Settings Icon A Black Square in Windows Explorer: [img] I'm getting a black square in windows explorer... I however know why it is like that just don't know a real fix for it. I have an UHD Monitor on my Laptop with Resolution of 3840x2160, so most things are small... I changed the custom scaling to 250% which makes...
  10. Black Square behind some of my Folder Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Square behind some of my Folder Icons: Hi, I just had this problem earlier. I had this Folder that has a Black Square behind it. I tried refreshing and it didn't work. I tried moving my files from that folder into another it worked. Deleting it and After refreshing, 4 folders have been affected by this problem....