Windows 10: Microsoft Store Apps some apps won't open

Discus and support Microsoft Store Apps some apps won't open in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, I had another computer with windows 10 and all my games from Microsoft Store all worked. Could it be that I'm using my 50" TV as my monitor, it... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Mark555777, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Microsoft Store Apps some apps won't open

Hello,

I had another computer with windows 10 and all my games from Microsoft Store all worked. Could it be that I'm using my 50" TV as my monitor, it has a VGA plug on the back of the Tv. My monitor broke so I've been using that as my monitor.

I uninstalled MS Store, reinstalled it in admin power shell and it still doesn't work.

Thank You..

Mark

:)

Mark555777, Dec 23, 2019

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Dec 23, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, Dec 23, 2019
  4. Microsoft Store Apps some apps won't open

windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Store Apps some apps won't open

1. Microsoft Store Apps some apps won't open - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Apps

2. Microsoft Store and other apps won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store and other apps won't open: Hi! I am unable to open the Windows Store app, Xbox app, Xbox Game Bar, or the Feedback Hub. Whenever I attempt to open these apps, they open momentarily and then close.I've attempted to do the wsreset.exe and when I do, I receive the error message...
  3. Microsoft Store and its apps won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store and its apps won't open: A few weeks ago, after restoring my PC through Windows settings, Microsoft Store and its apps stopped working they didn't even open. Waiting for the resolution of the problem. After a long wait, the problem persisted. I decided to restore the computer again and then made the...
  4. Microsoft Store and its apps won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store and its apps won't open: A few weeks ago, after restoring my PC through Windows settings, Microsoft Store and its apps stopped working they didn't even open. Waiting for the resolution of the problem. After a long wait, the problem persisted. I decided to restore the computer again and then made the...
  5. Microsoft Store and its apps won't open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store and its apps won't open: A few weeks ago, after restoring my PC through Windows settings, Microsoft Store and its applications stopped working. After a long wait, the problem persisted. I decided to restore the computer again and then made the fresh start. Still, the Microsoft Store and its apps...
  6. Some Apps on Microsoft store won't open

Some Apps on Microsoft store won't open: I just recently got a pc and I wanted to download and play microsoft minesweeper. I just downloaded it and tried to open it and a transparent window flashed on my screen for a split second and then disappeared. I tried opening it again and still flashes a transparent window...
  7. Can't open microsoft store and some apps!

Can't open microsoft store and some apps!: Hello Microsoft Community, Since Monday I've been having problems with Microsoft store app, when I open store it appears the message CHECK YOUR CONNECTION Microsoft store needs to be online. It looks like your not. With error code 0x80072EFD. And then a second message with...
  8. Microsoft store and some apps can't open

Microsoft store and some apps can't open: Hello,my microsoft store won't open. One day, I wanted to update some apps on microsoft store. I reset microsoft store because there we problems. After I reset it , It couldn't open. I tried reinstalling MS store and it does nothing. Also, it looks normal at first but when I...
  9. Microsoft Store and Apps won't open

Microsoft Store and Apps won't open: So for the past two weeks I've been trying every solution i could find with no luck including resetting windows 10 and all of my apps and programs. I just don't know what to do at this point, all help is needed and appreciated....
  10. Microsoft apps and Store won't open and won't install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft apps and Store won't open and won't install: Hey guys, 2/3 days ago I resetted my msi laptop, but after the reset I can't open Microsoft apps anymore, like the calculator, photos, alarms & clock, weather, Microsoft store, etc. (Microsoft edge works just fine tho) I already tried numerous 'solutions' from these pages:...