Windows 10: Microsoft Store apps stuck on Error 0x80070002 "Something happened on our end" during...

Discus and support Microsoft Store apps stuck on Error 0x80070002 "Something happened on our end" during... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have already tried resetting the windows app store, repairing the windows app store, logging out of the store, using a different account on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Vernon Salvenin, Dec 3, 2023.

1. Microsoft Store apps stuck on Error 0x80070002 "Something happened on our end" during...

I have already tried resetting the windows app store, repairing the windows app store, logging out of the store, using a different account on the store, uninstalling and reinstalling the windows store, and everything else short of another full system reset, which is an unacceptable fix to this problem.Affected apps are Xbox Gaming Services and the Minecraft Launcher. Normally I wouldn't care, but I paid money for Minecraft long before you incompetent fools took control of it, and you guys have now made it so installation is forced through the Microsoft Store.If this isn't taken care of I'll be

:)

Vernon Salvenin, Dec 3, 2023
  2. cknoettg Win User

Tip - Microsoft Store Won't Update with Error Code: 0x80070002

I didn't know if this should fall under Tips & Tricks or not.

I was doing research for someone, and discovered that I had several Microsoft Store updates queued up that had been stuck in the middle of updating for the past 11 days with Error Code 0x80070002. I also could not install any new Microsoft Store apps. Windows Update in general was working fine.

TLDR: Booted computer into Safe Mode with Networking, opened Microsoft Store, closed Microsoft Store, then rebooted into Normal Mode. All Updates went through and apps could be installed again. I haven't seen this solution posted elsewhere.

Full details of other things that I tried:

Microsoft Store and apps have not been able to update since 4/30
    Error Code: 0x80070002
    I tried Troubleshooter
    wsreset.exe
    Reinstalling Microsoft Store from PowerShell - the PowerShell command did update the Microsoft Store itself, but I have 6 stuck apps.
    Redownloading the apps or trying to install any new Microsoft Store app is unsuccessful.
    Manually deleting from %appdata%
    Running Storage Sense to clear temporary files in general
    No program installation or Windows Update coincided with date that problem first started
    Went to Apps & Features -> Microsoft Store -> did Terminate, then Reset
    enabled Camera access to Microsoft Store - all other permissions were already enabled
    Tried the sign out, wsreset, sign back in method:
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...10-a.htmlTried
    signing in to different account and signing back in
    Rebooted into Safe Mode with Networking, then restarted Windows into Normal Mode - now it is working *Smile

The computer has been rebooted several times since 4/30, when problem started
    Windows Update in general is working fine
    One app that I am trying to install, Office Lens, says that I own this app, but it won't install
    Store version is 12005.1001.1.0
    winver is 18363.815 Win 10 Home x64
    Followed suggested troubleshooting path from:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027498/microsoft-store-fix-problems-with-apps
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...support.microsoft.com/en-us/...or-install-app
    Removing and reinstalling would require reinstall of OS per Microsoft:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...-not-supported

cknoettg, Dec 3, 2023
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Uninstalled apps stuck "installing" in Microsoft Store (MSN News)

Hi Will,

A corrupted Microsoft Store cache is one of the possible reasons why some apps are stuck in an "installing phase" when you try to uninstall them. We suggest that you try running the
    Windows App troubleshooter to troubleshoot the issue.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you reset the Microsoft Store cache. You can follow the steps below to reset the Microsoft Store cache:

• Press Windows + R keys to open the run
      command
      box.
    • Type WSReset, then try launching Microsoft Store and sign in.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Dec 3, 2023
  4. Microsoft Store apps stuck on Error 0x80070002 "Something happened on our end" during...

microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Dec 3, 2023
Thema:

Microsoft Store apps stuck on Error 0x80070002 "Something happened on our end" during...

1. Microsoft Store apps stuck on Error 0x80070002 "Something happened on our end" during... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store apps

2. microsoft store giving error Something happened on our end.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft store giving error Something happened on our end.: i tried a bunch of stuff to fix this, like runnin wsreset, restart microsoft store installer service, reinstall with powershell command, checking for update, but this error still show upAll of the method above doesnt fix the issue, but through looking in the configured update...
  3. Microsoft Store apps stuck on Error 0x80070002 "Something happened on our end" during...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store apps stuck on Error 0x80070002 "Something happened on our end" during...: I have already tried resetting the windows app store, repairing the windows app store, logging out of the store, using a different account on the store, uninstalling and reinstalling the windows store, and everything else short of another full system reset, which is an...
  4. Something happened in our end - Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something happened in our end - Microsoft store: Hello! I Just want to update apps and install Spotify and I got code: 0x80246008 anyone know how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-happened-in-our-end-microsoft-store/fd41753a-67ef-42f4-9b9b-9070172b3bc8
  5. Something happened in our end - Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something happened in our end - Microsoft store: Hello! I Just want to update apps and install Spotify and I got code: 0x80246008 anyone know how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-happened-in-our-end-microsoft-store/fd41753a-67ef-42f4-9b9b-9070172b3bc8
  6. Microsoft store error: "0x80070002 something happened on our end", affter trying to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store error: "0x80070002 something happened on our end", affter trying to...: Good afternoon, I have been having this error for almost a year now and I searched for hundreds of solutions and even reinstalled my windows 11 2 times but didn´t work, I have tried many many MANY solutions and nothing worked and I am not the only one, but now I am getting...
  7. Microsoft store error: "0x80070002 something happened on our end", affter trying to...

Microsoft store error: "0x80070002 something happened on our end", affter trying to...: Good afternoon, I have been having this error for almost a year now and I searched for hundreds of solutions and even reinstalled my windows 11 2 times but didn´t work, I have tried many many MANY solutions and nothing worked and I am not the only one, but now I am getting...
  8. Microsoft Store: "Something happens to our end" error

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store: "Something happens to our end" error: Hello,I just got some problems with my Microsoft store. I just updated my Windows 10 to 11 some months ago. Everything seemed OK until one day my laptop got a blue screen error and I needed to reinstall my operating system. I got help from a colleague. He installed for me...
  9. Microsoft Store: "Something happens to our end" error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store: "Something happens to our end" error: Hello,I just got some problems with my Microsoft store. I just updated my Windows 10 to 11 some months ago. Everything seemed OK until one day my laptop got a blue screen error and I needed to reinstall my operating system. I got help from a colleague. He installed for me...
  10. Microsoft Store: "Something happens to our end" error