Windows 10: Microsoft Store - Cannot download due to lack of space

Discus and support Microsoft Store - Cannot download due to lack of space in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; OS: Windows 10 Pro, App : State of Decay 2 My C:\ drive is a 128 GB SSD. By default, the Windows Store tries to download to C:\Program... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Nik_Dj, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Nik_Dj Win User

Microsoft Store - Cannot download due to lack of space

My C:\ drive is a 128 GB SSD.

By default, the Windows Store tries to download to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

It failed due to lack of space. The C:\ drive has 10 GB and has plenty of space for the OS.

I keep my programs and data separate to my OS partition, because, well, it's common sense. I've also relocated the Users directory to the Data partition as well during the OS install using the Microsoft recommended method.

Before anyone suggests 200 ways to free up space on my C:\ drive, that's not going to happen. There isn't enough space and I'm not have 'data' bloating the OS partition.

I can see that I can change the location of the Windows App downloads. I did that. However, this only changes the download locations for subsequent Microsoft Store downloads.

My download is *still* trying to download to the original location.

I can see that you can Move apps, *however* this can only be done for Installed Apps. Mine is still trying to download.

Please advise.

:)

Nik_Dj, Jun 11, 2019
  2. JerryRein Win User

Laptop will not update due to lack of disk space

Hp laptop 32GB drive, cannot down load updates cannot restore due to lack of memory.

Removed all programs and apps except those preloaded.

Tried to remove windows 7 but is not listed in disk clean up.

Everything I try I get message that I need additional 8gb memory and to delete programs and apps. There is nothing to remove to get additional space.

I currently have 24.2 gb used out of 29.1gb available.

How do I get out off this mess and update to a newer vesion of windows 10

JerryRein, Jun 11, 2019
  3. YvesJa Win User
    Computer unable to update Windows 10 1607 due to lack of space

Laptop is unable to download the latest update for Windows 10 due to lack of file space. There's only around 6 GB of free space and it seems the update is about 5GB.

Is there any way to work around this? Like an update with a smaller file size, or if possible, download the update in an external hard drive?

YvesJa, Jun 11, 2019
  4. Cuzzin Win User

Unable to delete maps due to lack of space?!?!?!?

So I decided to delete my downloaded maps to make space.

My phone (HTC 8X) has 73mb free so I decided to delete a map that is 187mb.

Steps:

Long click on the map

get an option to delete,

select delete

app displays a prompt to confirm that I want to delete ... I click yes

Phone responds with "Not enough room" !!!!!!!! seriously???

(How crazy is this? ... I need room to delete a map????)

To show that this is truly an insane defect the complete error message reads:

"Not enough room. You need at least 335.7 MB of free space on your phone to get this map. Free up some space and try again".

Clearly they are reusing the error message text from when you try to download a map and there is not enough room. but I am trying to delete the map.

Any suggestions?

If I have to create space in order to delete map I think I will just laugh myself silly Microsoft Store - Cannot download due to lack of space :)

Cuzzin, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft Store - Cannot download due to lack of space - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Cannot

2. Microsoft Store Is missing, Cannot Download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Is missing, Cannot Download: I just purchased a new pc and Got it all set up and there is not Microsoft Store. It is running Windows 11. Please help> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-is-missing-cannot-download/3618c214-2c02-4dba-aeb4-52982df1add0
  3. Microsoft Store Is missing, Cannot Download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store Is missing, Cannot Download: I just purchased a new pc and Got it all set up and there is not Microsoft Store. It is running Windows 11. Please help> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-is-missing-cannot-download/3618c214-2c02-4dba-aeb4-52982df1add0
  4. Microsoft store cannot update / download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store cannot update / download: It have been a while that my computer cannot download any app in microsoft store at all . Likely every time I click on update or install anything the button if in the app page is on the button will freeze a while then just return to normal again And if it on library it will...
  5. Forza Horizon 4 cannot be downloaded due to Microsoft Store download error 0x80073D0D.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Forza Horizon 4 cannot be downloaded due to Microsoft Store download error 0x80073D0D.: Hello, A few days ago, I switched out my HDD to an SSD on my laptop, then I wanted to redownload all the games and apps from my previous hard disk. When I tried to download Forza Horizon 4 to my new SSD, the error "0x80073D0D" popped up. And it only happens on this app and...
  6. Cannot download from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot download from Microsoft Store: I have received the same error as several others. Since this has been happening since 2015 and it is now 2020 why has this not been fixed? Why is this happening and why has it not been addressed with a permanent fix?...
  7. lack of space for update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lack of space for update: I cannot install windows 10 updates. Lack of space I try clearing space but cannot get to option 2 install usb. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lack-of-space-for-update/7fae9098-9768-42cf-bc70-3522105e89af
  8. Unable to install Windows 10 updates due to lack of storage space.

Unable to install Windows 10 updates due to lack of storage space.: I have been trying to install the relevant updates to Windows 10 for several months, and I always get the following message. I have a very small hard drive, so I have been unable to free up 8GB of space. But Windows Update Assistant never allows me to move on to step two (I...
  9. Lack of space

Lack of space: I have an HP Stream and it is always saying I have no space left. I have tried to put a flash drive in, but nothing changed. I tried an external hard drive, but nothing changed. I tried to change where downloads are saved, but to no avail. Any words of wisdom for me?...
  10. Clean install with usb due to lack of free space

Clean install with usb due to lack of free space: How do i clean install using a usb due to not enough space?? I have tried using Update assistant and Windows Update...neither will give me the promt to use an external device. This has been a nightmare!...