Windows 10: Microsoft store cannot install it keeps saying- Where do you want to install

Discus and support Microsoft store cannot install it keeps saying- Where do you want to install in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; can somebody help me i cannot install the DLC that i bought i keeps telling me i need to sign in but im already signed in it keep saying where to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lmntrix1412, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Microsoft store cannot install it keeps saying- Where do you want to install

can somebody help me i cannot install the DLC that i bought i keeps telling me i need to sign in but im already signed in it keep saying where to install please help me

Microsoft store cannot install it keeps saying- Where do you want to install 7f4b61fe-a3ac-4a56-943f-42eae9bae943?upload=true.png

:)

Lmntrix1412, Aug 14, 2020

2. Minecraft installation in Microsoft store

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to install Minecraft in Microsoft Store. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft antivirus program installed?
    • Does this issue occur for all games & apps from the store?
    • What is the date and time on the PC and ensure it is correct?
    • Do you get any error message or code?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and after every step check if you are able to install the game.

Step 1: Reset the Windows Store Cache: Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the
    Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3: If you have any non-Microsoft security/antivirus software installed, disable it temporarily and then try installing the game.

Step 4: If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to

create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Apps won't install in Microsoft Store

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to install apps in Microsoft Store. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• Do you have any non-Microsoft antivirus program installed?
    • Does this issue occur for all apps from the store?
    • What is the date and time on the PC and ensure it is correct?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and after every step check if you are able to install the app.

Step 1: Reset the Windows Store Cache: Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the
    Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3: Refer the troubleshooting steps and mentioned
    in this article: Fix problems with apps from Microsoft
    Store

Step 4: If you have any non-Microsoft security/antivirus software installed, disable it temporarily and then try installing the game.

Step 5: If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to
    create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 14, 2020
  4. Microsoft store cannot install it keeps saying- Where do you want to install

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft store cannot install it keeps saying- Where do you want to install

1. Microsoft store cannot install it keeps saying- Where do you want to install - Similar Threads - Microsoft store cannot

2. Where do you want to install Windows? 0x80300024

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where do you want to install Windows? 0x80300024: Hey, recently just built myself new pc for the first time, the only thing I really kept from the last build was the storage. Either way when I got into windows I couldn’t connect to the network because I just “DIDN’T” have any network drivers, so I though “something might’ve...
  3. Where do you want to install Windows? 0x80300024

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where do you want to install Windows? 0x80300024: Hey, recently just built myself new pc for the first time, the only thing I really kept from the last build was the storage. Either way when I got into windows I couldn’t connect to the network because I just “DIDN’T” have any network drivers, so I though “something might’ve...
  4. Where do you want to install Windows? 0x80300024

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cannot change where games are installed on Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot change where games are installed on Microsoft Store: Hello, I am trying to install a game I just bought on Microsoft Store, however my C drive is full and Microsoft store does not give me the option to pick my D drive. I went into settings and changed the default drive that apps install to to my D drive, but it still does not...
  6. Installation fails at "Where do you want to install Windows?"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation fails at "Where do you want to install Windows?": I am attempting to install Windows 10 on a Lenovo 580G Laptop. The old hard drive was replaced by a 450 GB SSD which before installation in the Lenovo was initialized and formatted on another Windows Laptop ACER Aspire 515-54 via a USB-to-SATA adapter. The initialize and...
  7. "Where do you want to install?"

"Where do you want to install?": "It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account" Have tried everything from numerous amounts of youtube tutorials to reddit and still can't find any solutions. This is my last...
  8. Where do you want to install

Where do you want to install: It looks like you dont have any applicable devices linked to your microsoft account. to install, sign in on a device with your microsoft account this is what i get when i try to download an app im signed in and still cant download...
  9. keep getting a message saying "where do you want to install"

keep getting a message saying "where do you want to install": Hi, i bougt fh3 in the Microsoft store, and a few dlc's im trying to download them but i krep getting a message saying "where do you want to install It looks like you dont have any applicable devices. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account."...
  10. Where do you want to install?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where do you want to install?: I am slightly at my wit's end... I am desperately trying to install the DSTV Now and Showmax app from the Microsoft Online Store. I have successfully 'purchased' the app from the store, but when I go to 'install on my devices' I get a dialogue box saying "It looks like you...