Windows 10: Microsoft Store can't check for updates

Discus and support Microsoft Store can't check for updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This issue is very annoying. I tried to reset the store, but it didn't work.[ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MGPlayz19, May 20, 2019.

1. MGPlayz19 Win User

Microsoft Store can't check for updates

This issue is very annoying. I tried to reset the store, but it didn't work. Microsoft Store can't check for updates a0be1276-e57f-4d2b-8218-c63d0fafc190?upload=true.png

:)

MGPlayz19, May 20, 2019

2. Microsoft Store is not working

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

Do let us know the exact issue you are facing in accessing the Windows Store?

Have you tried to reset the Windows Store as stated in the above response?

If the issue still persists after deploying the above troubleshooting steps, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
    and check.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter, troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

1. Press
    Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Control Panel.

2. In the
    Control Panel window, select Category and then select
    Large icons.

3. Click on
    Troubleshooting.

4. Click
    View all and then click Windows Store Apps.

5. Click
    Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 20, 2019
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Error with Microsoft Store

Hi RafayShabbir,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community.

Let me make it up to you by giving you the best resolution for your concern with your Microsoft store.

Step 1: Reset the Microsoft Store cache

• Press Win + S. This will open Windows search bar.
    • Type “cmd”, and then simultaneously press “Ctrl+Shift+Enter key”.
    • Click on the Yes button.
    • Then type in “Wsreset” and press Enter key for the command to execute.
    Step 2: Run app troubleshooter

• In the search box, type troubleshooting.
    • Click on view all and select Windows store app troubleshooter.
    • Click next and follow the instruction.

Note: Once after the inbuilt
    troubleshooter complete, I suggest you to restart the computer.

Steps 3: Install Windows update

• Press Windows key from the keyboard and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Please let us know if the issue persists.

Hope it helps,

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mithin_EJ, May 20, 2019
  4. Microsoft Store can't check for updates

Unable to update review on Microsoft store apps

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern and we appreciate the effort and time that you have taken to provide your review on store apps. However, we would suggest you to try signing out from Microsoft Store and sign in back and check if you are getting the
    Update option. If the issue still persists, please follow the steps mentioned below and check.

1. Search for wsreset.exe in search bar.
    2. Right click on the Run command and select Run as administrator.
    3. A command prompt window will open after which the Microsoft Store will open.
    4. Then try updating the review.

You can also log on to online
    Microsoft Store
    and provide your review suggestions.

Regards.

Manjunath_H, May 20, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Store can't check for updates

1. Microsoft Store can't check for updates - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store can't

2. The Microsoft Store can't update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    The Microsoft Store can't update: My microsoft Store couldn't update and the error code it gave me is 0x80248014 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-microsoft-store-cant-update/0a33af2d-b60c-4135-978f-c81290d9c3f7
  3. The Microsoft Store can't update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Microsoft Store can't update: My microsoft Store couldn't update and the error code it gave me is 0x80248014 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-microsoft-store-cant-update/0a33af2d-b60c-4135-978f-c81290d9c3f7
  4. The Microsoft Store can't update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Store Can't Update Anything, Even Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Can't Update Anything, Even Microsoft Store: I've been having this issue for months now and any and all threads, suggestions, and whatnot have not worked.When I try to update anything at all with microsoft store, even if it's the microsoft store app itself, it doesn't update. It downloads and installs the update to...
  6. Microsoft Store Can't Update Anything, Even Microsoft Store

Microsoft Store Can't Update Anything, Even Microsoft Store: I've been having this issue for months now and any and all threads, suggestions, and whatnot have not worked.When I try to update anything at all with microsoft store, even if it's the microsoft store app itself, it doesn't update. It downloads and installs the update to...
  7. Windows can't check for updates, says can't connect to update service, Microsoft store...

Windows can't check for updates, says can't connect to update service, Microsoft store...: Windows attempted to check for updates last week, found some, but in the process of installing something went wrong, i don't know what. Since then it's been from one issue to the other. I currently have the latest version of windows 10 installed via Windows 10 update...
  8. Can't check the updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't check the updates: Hello. A couple of days ago I paused windows updates because my wifi was slow and yesterday I wanted to unpause them but the tab won't load. I waited for 10 minutes and it was still loading . I have the same problem today. submitted by /u/M-Crossy1 [link] [comments]...
  9. Microsoft Store checking for updates is taking forever

Microsoft Store checking for updates is taking forever: On Netflix, I received error code U7111-1331 telling me to update my Netflix app in order to stream. I went to the Netflix page on the Microsoft Store but it gave me no option to update the app. So I clicked on Downloads and Updates, checked for updates, and it's taking...
  10. Microsoft Store Check for updates doesn't work

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Check for updates doesn't work: So, when I check for updates, it does nothing. But when I go to the page of a particular app, if this app has an update, it will auto-update. I've looked many solutions, deleted the cache manually located in Packages/Microsoft.WindowsStore/LocalCache, used the 2...