Windows 10: Microsoft store categories not properly following windows theme.

Discus and support Microsoft store categories not properly following windows theme. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi, In the windows store categories "Core games" and "Casual games" on the home page of my microsoft store, the area where it tells you the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by ObliteAbyss, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Microsoft store categories not properly following windows theme.

Hi,

In the windows store categories "Core games" and "Casual games" on the home page of my microsoft store, the area where it tells you the name/rating/price of a game is white, which doesn't follow my windows theme (dark), or the rest of the store (Everthing else on my homepage is gray with white text, opening those categories is the same). The weird thing is, when I go into personalisation and toggle transparency (Either on OR off), it changes them to match the theme - Until the next time I open the store, at which point it reverts back to being incorrect.

Is there any way to fix this?

:)

ObliteAbyss, Oct 19, 2019

2. Change themes back to numbered tiles in Microsoft Mahjong

Hi Bill,

Changing the tiles for Microsoft Mahjong can be done through the Theme Settings of the game. To change the settings, follow the steps below:

• Launch the game.
    • Press F5 on your keyboard to show the settings.
    • Click on Themes and choose your preferred theme under
      Standard Themes

If are unable to see your preferred theme, we suggest that you update the game on Windows Store by following the steps on this

link

Should you need further assistance, you can reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, Oct 19, 2019
  3. John Fer Win User
    microsoft windows store doesnt work properly

We suggest resetting your Windows store to help with your issue. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Type Settings on Cortana search box then press Enter.
    • Click on Apps.
    • On the Search this list box, type in Store.
    • Click on Store then click on Advance options.
    • Click on Reset.

Let us know if this works for you.

John Fer, Oct 19, 2019
  4. Microsoft store categories not properly following windows theme.

Corrupted Personalization Settings and themes

Hi Nkhondo,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you check if the settings are disable in the registries of the PC.

• Press
      Windows+R
      and type gpedit.msc in the run command.

• In the window that appears, you can see the "Local Group Policy Editor" Window.

• In this step I want to Prevent Changing Theme file. You click on User Configuration sub-category Administrative Template sub-category Control Panel sub-category Personalization and click on the "Prevent
      Changing Theme
      ".
    User Configuration<< Administrative Template<< Control Panel<< Personalization

• In this step right-click on the "Prevent Changing Theme"and select the
      edit tab and click on the edit tab.

• In this step, if you click on the
      Enabled Button then you cannot change the Theme. You click on the Disable Button then you can change the Theme. You click on The Enable Button for Disabling the changing Theme or Prevent Changing Theme.

• In this step right-click on your Desktop and select the Personalize tab. In this tab you are unable to change the theme after disabling the changing of the theme or Prevent
      Changing Theme.
    Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft
    Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Anil Madishetty, Oct 19, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft store categories not properly following windows theme.

1. Microsoft store categories not properly following windows theme. - Similar Threads - Microsoft store categories

2. How to Search Desktop Themes by Category?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Search Desktop Themes by Category?: If I want to browse downloadable desktop themes by category, e.g. animals, how would I do that? I'm almost certain I've done it before in the Microsoft Store but there's no option there now to narrow search results to just themes. I found a picture-less list at...
  3. How to Search Desktop Themes by Category?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Search Desktop Themes by Category?: If I want to browse downloadable desktop themes by category, e.g. animals, how would I do that? I'm almost certain I've done it before in the Microsoft Store but there's no option there now to narrow search results to just themes. I found a picture-less list at...
  4. Microsoft apps not following theme settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft apps not following theme settings: Hi,I notice that neither Office nor Visual Studio to name a few, do not respect the color scheme selected for the installed theme. I have selected a title bar in Blue color, this means that I would like to have all my applications running on my desktop with the title bar in...
  5. Microsoft apps not following theme settings

Microsoft apps not following theme settings: Hi,I notice that neither Office nor Visual Studio to name a few, do not respect the color scheme selected for the installed theme. I have selected a title bar in Blue color, this means that I would like to have all my applications running on my desktop with the title bar in...
  6. Microsoft apps not following theme settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Categories aren't shown in the Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Categories aren't shown in the Microsoft Store: I want to use categories which should locate in the side menu, such as Apps, Games and etc. But I can not find those in my Microsoft Store program...
  8. Categories aren't shown in the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Categories aren't shown in the Microsoft Store: I want to use categories which should locate in the side menu, such as Apps, Games and etc. But I can not find those in my Microsoft Store program...
  9. Categories aren't shown in the Microsoft Store

10. Microsoft store themes

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store themes: I'm unable to update my screen saver to a new theme downloaded from Microsoft store. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-themes/a6ceedc8-490c-4720-a21f-706428b6a2ec"