Windows 10: Microsoft Store changed saved files location to D but not working

Discus and support Microsoft Store changed saved files location to D but not working in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi, I changed the downloads of Microsoft Store to D following this steps:1. Open Settings simply press Windows key + I2. Click "System" on the left... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by pablo082, Jul 17, 2021.

1. pablo082 Win User

Microsoft Store changed saved files location to D but not working

Hi, I changed the downloads of Microsoft Store to D following this steps:1. Open Settings simply press Windows key + I2. Click "System" on the left side click "Storage".3. Click "Change where new content is saved" under More storage settings.4. Select D drive using the drop down menu under "New apps will save to".I don't know why but it is not working, it saves them on C.I need to move an app that does not allow to me moved, so I need to install it directly on D. I don't know what the issue could be, thanks in advance.

:)

pablo082, Jul 17, 2021

2. Change library location by cmd

The command you are asking for is currently unavailable. What we can suggest is that you propose your request in our

Feedback hub
    to make Windows better. Now, if you really want to change the save location of a file, kindly follow these steps:

• Type storage in the search bar.
    • Select Storage.

From there, you can select where your files will be saved in the future.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Dennis Mop, Jul 17, 2021
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Making HDD as default saving location instead of sdd for files

Hi Kiefer,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

I suggest you to try the following steps to change default saving locations. Check if it helps.

• Click on Start and click on
      Settings.

• Open System and click on
      Storage in the left-pane.

• Under the section Save Locations in the
      right-pane, select the appropriate location to which you want to save files.

• Restart the computer and check if it helps.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jul 17, 2021
  4. hvaleton Win User

MS Paint "Save as" location is NOT the file source location

Hi,

In Windows 8.1 (and as far as I can remember in all previous Windows versions) I used to be able to do the following:
    • In Windows Explorer: Open a .jpg file from anywhere in my file system, by right mouse clicking and choosing "edit"
    • After editing: "Save as" (press F12) and save the edited file IN ITS ORIGINAL LOCATION but under a different name.
    Now, in Windows 10, the situation is different:
    • In Windows Explorer I open a .jpg file from anywhere in my file system by right mouse clicking and choosing "edit"
    • After editing: "Save as" (F12) opens a dialogue box that suggests I save the file, NOT in its original location, but in a location that is either the default "pictures" directory or the directory that was previously used as a "save as" location in Paint (these locations are stored in the registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\Paint\Recent File List")

Now I'd like very much to get the old, Windows 8 type situation back because this does not work for me! It's very inconvenient to have to scroll and click my way through the "save as" dialogue box until I finally find the directory where the edited file was stored in the first place! Why o why does Windows not remember this location?
    I've searched through the internet but it seems nobody else has this problem. I've searched the registry for the word "paint" but was not able to find a setting that would suggest to have some influence on the default saving location of Paint.

Can someone please, please help me? It's driving me nuts! And it's sooo frustrating knowing that it used to work like a charm in WIN8.1 and before.

To clarify the difficulty I experience I perhaps should add that the jpg files I most frequently edit are located on shares on my NAS in paths such as:
    M:\1_KLAS\Bach\Kerk\Jos van Veldhoven\Matthäus Passion, BWV 244 (24-88 2010)\scans\001.jpg
    As you can see, that's buried quite deeply into the file system! And so it costs all the more time and effort to find my way back from the previously edited jpg, say:
    M:\1_KLAS\Bruckner\Orkest\Chailly\Symfonie Nr.6 & Wolf - 4 Goethe Lieder (Goerne, KCO)\scans\001.jpg

P.S. I read somewhere that the "save as" dialogue boxes for Paint and Notepad should be basically the same. But... when I use Notepad to edit some txt file and afterwards use the "save as" option, it does direct me to the original location of the edited file, just as it used to do in Windows 8.1! That tells me that it should still be possible to get the old "save as" behaviour back for Paint. (Or am I being too optimistic here?)
    P.P.S. F12 does not work anymore in Notepad. You have to go through the menu "File" -> "Save as..." That's also a pain in the ass

Which registry key will do the trick for me?

hvaleton, Jul 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft Store changed saved files location to D but not working - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store changed

2. cannot change save location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot change save location: i am trying to change my default save location to one drive, and when i try to change it in advanced storage settings, onedrive isn’t even an option. i can only save things to “Windows C:”...
  3. Microsoft Store Executable file location

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Executable file location: Microsoft Store Executable file location https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-executable-file-location/fa06d159-c8ba-43f8-8a5b-2a30b75e17c3
  4. Microsoft Store Executable file location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Executable file location: Microsoft Store Executable file location https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-executable-file-location/fa06d159-c8ba-43f8-8a5b-2a30b75e17c3
  5. Microsoft Store Executable file location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Microsoft Store Executable file location

Microsoft Store Executable file location: Can someone tell me where roblox.exe from the Microsoft store is located thx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-executable-file-location/d363ef2e-3466-42ab-b549-4c15fef6e0b0
  7. changing saved location on pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    changing saved location on pc: Just build a new pc so i installed my old 4tb hdd on my new pc and now that im trying to changed the saved files on windows 10 i get the error 0x80070005, im trying to change this so i can save all my games in my 4tb hdd and by the way old files of games are in there aswell....
  8. Accidentally changed screenshot save location as D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally changed screenshot save location as D drive: My ssd is slowly filling up so as a way to free up a little bit of space I thought I'd move the screenshot folder to my D drive(which is a hard drive). But when doing this, instead of selecting a folder I selected the drive itself. So now all the screenshots are making a mess...
  9. Tried many methods still cannot get the microsoft store save location changed to D drive.

Tried many methods still cannot get the microsoft store save location changed to D drive.: [ATTACH] I've seen that some people say it is an access problem but I don't think I have that since I have full control of all my drive. I have tried many methods as well....
  10. Locating saved files

in Windows 10 Support
    Locating saved files: Windows 10 seems to have a mind of its own when I save files. I use "Save as"the first time and expect it to continue saving to the same location that I specified initially. But no, click on "Save" and it saves it in any one of a number of places so I end up with several...