Windows 10: Microsoft store checks wrong size of application when trying to install and then fails the...

Discus and support Microsoft store checks wrong size of application when trying to install and then fails the... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello! I'm trying to install Minecraft for Windows 10, which I have redeemed about 3 years ago, I was on Xbox Insider preview for this game, but I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Axelcraft201, May 12, 2019.

1. Microsoft store checks wrong size of application when trying to install and then fails the...

Hello!

I'm trying to install Minecraft for Windows 10, which I have redeemed about 3 years ago, I was on Xbox Insider preview for this game, but I left it and then I uninstalled it. Since it didn't uninstall immediately I clicked a lot of times until it disappeared. Then I went to the Microsoft Store and I clicked "Install" on Minecraft, but when it checked for the size of installation it showed 300kb or so, and the Minecraft installation size is about 146mb, so this doesn't make sense. After that, it only downloads 300kb of data and tries to install them, and of course, it fails. I think this might be caused because I didn't uninstall the app correctly. I also tried resetting the store and restarting it, but it uninstalled or removed all the shortcuts to it, so I had to reinstall all the packages from windows with their manifest. I restarted and the store worked again, but Minecraft failed again. Finally, I tried resetting the store by using msreset.exe and it didn't work.

Can you help me to fix this, please?

Here´s a gif of the problem: https://i.imgur.com/f9MkrZm.gif

:)

Axelcraft201, May 12, 2019

2. Microsoft Store free apps

Hello,

Corrupted system files can cause issues when downloading applications from the Microsoft Store. However, for us to provide you the most appropriate assistance, can you provide us the exact error message that you're getting?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you reset the Microsoft Store cache and try to download applications again. Check out the steps below:

• Press Windows + R keys to open the run command box.

• Type WSReset, then try launching Microsoft Store and sign in.

• Once done, try to download applications.

We'll wait for any updates to assist you further.

Jennifer Bri, May 12, 2019
  3. chideock Win User
    KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, May 12, 2019
  4. Microsoft store checks wrong size of application when trying to install and then fails the...

Unable to install Windows apps from Windows Store with error: "0x803F7000", message: Try that again: "Something went wrong" on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you in installing the application from Windows Store, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Which is the application you are trying to install from Windows Store?
    • Is this issue confined with any other application while downloading from Windows Store?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run WSReset.exe.

• Press Windows + R key to open Run
      box
    • Enter wsreset.exe in the Run command and then tap or click
      OK.
    • Restart your computer and check if you are able to download the applications.

Method 2: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Refer:
    Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, May 12, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft store checks wrong size of application when trying to install and then fails the...

1. Microsoft store checks wrong size of application when trying to install and then fails the... - Similar Threads - Microsoft store checks

2. Microsoft Store Application not installing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store Application not installing.: I have tried to install several apps from Microsoft Store and none of them seem to install. The app will fail after some time. I have received several different error codes. I have received this code from trying to install Clipchamp on different attempts. I have tried all the...
  3. Microsoft Store Application not installing.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Application not installing.: I have tried to install several apps from Microsoft Store and none of them seem to install. The app will fail after some time. I have received several different error codes. I have received this code from trying to install Clipchamp on different attempts. I have tried all the...
  4. Microsoft Store Application not installing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Applications will not install in Microsoft Store

Applications will not install in Microsoft Store: Whenever I try to install apps or games from the Store, I get an error message that has been popping up for the last week or so. Nothing I found on the internet so far has helped with that problem....
  6. Applications will not install in Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications will not install in Microsoft Store: Whenever I try to install apps or games from the Store, I get an error message that has been popping up for the last week or so. Nothing I found on the internet so far has helped with that problem....
  7. Applications will not install in Microsoft Store

8. Microsoft store installing to wrong drive

Microsoft store installing to wrong drive: I've gone into the settings and told it to install new apps to my D drive as it has over 200gb of space left, but when i try to install MCC it says there isn't enough space to install it. I think its trying to install the game to my C drive with only 50gb space left on it. Is...
  9. Microsoft Store Not Installing applications

Microsoft Store Not Installing applications: Everytime I try to install an application from the Microsoft store, the item goes into Queue and doesn't install. Also with the same issue. I tried uninstalling apps to open space and I have reset the store, there is no change. Please I need assistance would like to speak to...
  10. Error when trying to install Microsoft Store

Error when trying to install Microsoft Store: I do this: Get-AppxPackage -allusers *WindowsStore* Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"} And get this: Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF6, Package could not be registered. error...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows store app download size incorrect