Windows 10: Microsoft Store claims i dont own a game i bought

Discus and support Microsoft Store claims i dont own a game i bought in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hey, im trying to install a game on my new pc, the problem is that microsoft stores claims that i dont own it. Im on the exact same account, just not... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Redcon., Feb 7, 2021.

1. Redcon. Win User

Microsoft Store claims i dont own a game i bought

Hey, im trying to install a game on my new pc, the problem is that microsoft stores claims that i dont own it. Im on the exact same account, just not on the same pc. What should i do ?

:)

Redcon., Feb 7, 2021

2. store game dont work

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

• Do you receive any error message?
    I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if this helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Windows Store Apps.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to reset the Windows store and check if it works.

Follow the below steps to reset the Windows Store:

1. Press Windows key + R from the
    Desktop and click on Enter.

2. Type wsreset.exe and click on OK.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Feb 7, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    a game doesnt show that i bought it

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to find a game purchased from Microsoft Store. I'll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, we would like to know the place of purchase of the game.

As you have mentioned that you have purchased the game logged in to your Microsoft account, I would suggest you to make sure that you are signed in with the same Microsoft account in Microsoft Store.

To login to Microsoft Store, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Microsoft Store.
    2. Click on the Profile icon on the top left corner, click on the account and select
      Sign Out.
    3. Now, click on the Profile icon and select
      Sign in.
    4. Sign in with the Microsoft Account through which you purchased the game.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 7, 2021
  4. Microsoft Store claims i dont own a game i bought

Using games from the microsoft store

Based on the results you've obtained, this can be an issue with the Windows Store which affects the digital games you’ve downloaded from it. We suggest manually resetting the Windows Store cache. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
    • Type WSReset.exe and click OK.
    • The Store and a command prompt will now open with any message. The command prompt will automatically close after the Store's cache has been reset.
    Once done with the reset, kindly click this
    link
    and follow the steps on how to check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Search if there are any updates available for the affected game.

Keep us updated with the progress.

Catherine Cus., Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Store claims i dont own a game i bought

1. Microsoft Store claims i dont own a game i bought - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store claims

2. I bought minecraft but i still dont own it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought minecraft but i still dont own it: i just bought minecraft but it says i dont own it i cant play but i got charged money for the purchase so what do i do i have all the proof of payment and tried contacting my bank but they said that microsoft recieved the money i also got a email from microsoft that the...
  3. I bought minecraft but i still dont own it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I bought minecraft but i still dont own it: i just bought minecraft but it says i dont own it i cant play but i got charged money for the purchase so what do i do i have all the proof of payment and tried contacting my bank but they said that microsoft recieved the money i also got a email from microsoft that the...
  4. Windows Store claims I don't own a game I've had for years.

Windows Store claims I don't own a game I've had for years.: Before I get into the details, let me start by saying that I searched this Extensively and have thus far been unable to fix it.Firstly, I was having a problem launching Sea of Thieves, it was crashing on startup and giving me an error code. Alright, so I go to the pages both...
  5. I bought a game off of the Microsoft store and it says I own this but will not let me...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought a game off of the Microsoft store and it says I own this but will not let me...: Won't let me download the game I bought https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bought-a-game-off-of-the-microsoft-store-and-it/7ecb0b97-7a85-4fcf-8f66-ffa481226490
  6. I bought a game off of the Microsoft store and it says I own this but will not let me...

I bought a game off of the Microsoft store and it says I own this but will not let me...: Won't let me download the game I bought https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bought-a-game-off-of-the-microsoft-store-and-it/7ecb0b97-7a85-4fcf-8f66-ffa481226490
  7. I bought a game off of the Microsoft store and it says I own this but will not let me...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  8. Microsoft store not installing games that i own.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store not installing games that i own.: I'm trying to redownload Minecraft and a few other games I own on the Microsoft store. none of them will install. It allows me to search for them and pull up the games page on the store but the install button when clicked goes from a pink to the grayed out and will stay...
  9. Microsoft store not installing games that i own.

Microsoft store not installing games that i own.: I'm trying to redownload Minecraft and a few other games I own on the Microsoft store. none of them will install. It allows me to search for them and pull up the games page on the store but the install button when clicked goes from a pink to the grayed out and will stay...
  10. Bought a game I already own?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought a game I already own?: I bought a game on the pc Microsoft store, but when I looked in my games, it showed up twice, one saying 'modified minutes ago, and the other saying 'purchased minutes ago. the game is Minecraft starter collection, which contains the game and extras. Is this normal, or have I...