Windows 10: Microsoft Store closes upon startup

Discus and support Microsoft Store closes upon startup in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Every time I try to start up the MS store, it just briefly shows a window with nothing in it and then closes itself. It's really frustrating as... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by MatthewNguyen7, May 28, 2020.

1. Microsoft Store closes upon startup

Every time I try to start up the MS store, it just briefly shows a window with nothing in it and then closes itself. It's really frustrating as Phantasy Star Online 2 can only be downloaded from the Microsoft Store. In addition to that, Photos was giving me issues too. I couldn't reinstall it and it wouldn't open, so I had to switch to the Legacy WIndows Photo Viewer. I have tried everything: making a test profile, which leads to the same result, running WS Reset which doesn't execute due to a File system error -2147416359, and deleting the app cache myself, but when i go to the correct directory for it, it's nowhere to be found. There is no Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe file. My system is up to date, I've synced the date and time, reinstalling the MS store seems to do nothing. I have basically tried everything I can. Can anyone help me out?

also sorry about the category, I have no idea what this classifies as

All the best,

Matthew Nguyen

* Moved from Research

:)

MatthewNguyen7, May 28, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, May 28, 2020
  3. sam02 Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, May 28, 2020
  4. Microsoft Store closes upon startup

Microsoft Store

Hi James,

To resolve your concern about Windows Store, we suggest for you to follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R key to open Run.
    • Type wsreset.exe and press
      Enter
    • Restart the PC, sign in with your Microsoft user account and check if you are able to find Windows Store.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Store closes upon startup

1. Microsoft Store closes upon startup - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store closes

2. rdp force close other rdp upon startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    rdp force close other rdp upon startup: hi,i was trying to make a rdp on remote desktop, we usually just manually type the accounts and password of each PC trying to connect to the company server, however after i try to start the program by restarting PC, the remote desktop rdp launches somehow the 1st program but...
  3. rdp force close other rdp upon startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rdp force close other rdp upon startup: hi,i was trying to make a rdp on remote desktop, we usually just manually type the accounts and password of each PC trying to connect to the company server, however after i try to start the program by restarting PC, the remote desktop rdp launches somehow the 1st program but...
  4. Microsoft .NET Framework error upon startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft .NET Framework error upon startup: Ever since the last few days I've been getting this error message from Microsoft .NET framework every time I boot up my computer: If I press continue it goes away until next time I boot up my computer, if I click quit the message keeps popping up again.The details within the...
  5. Microsoft .NET Framework error upon startup

Microsoft .NET Framework error upon startup: Ever since the last few days I've been getting this error message from Microsoft .NET framework every time I boot up my computer: If I press continue it goes away until next time I boot up my computer, if I click quit the message keeps popping up again.The details within the...
  6. Microsoft Store closing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store closing: Recently I cleared my appdata. And now when I try to open photos the error code shown and ask to open MS Store, but when I start to open store it opens and closes suddenly. What should I do?...
  7. Microsoft Store closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store closing: Recently I cleared my appdata. And now when I try to open photos the error code shown and ask to open MS Store, but when I start to open store it opens and closes suddenly. What should I do?...
  8. Microsoft Store closing

9. Microsoft Store Closes Upon Opening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Store Closes Upon Opening: Whenever I attempt to open the windows store, it closes immediately after opening. I've tried every fix I've found online so far, and each one I've tried has not worked. Most recently I used the Media Creation Tool to reinstall windows, and that did nothing. I really have no...
  10. All Microsoft apps close themselves upon startup

All Microsoft apps close themselves upon startup: I have already asked this question and have received no success in fixing my issue. Every time I open up any Windows app it closes itself. When I look at task manager it has a leaf next to it saying its suspending this process. I have hard reset my computer and even tried to...