Windows 10: Microsoft Store Completely Refusing to open even after in-place upgrade

Discus and support Microsoft Store Completely Refusing to open even after in-place upgrade in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; i recently rebuilt windows, while retaining personal files, and i have come to notice that when i clicked the windows store icon/app, nothing would... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by LucasThomas11, Apr 16, 2022.

1. Microsoft Store Completely Refusing to open even after in-place upgrade

i recently rebuilt windows, while retaining personal files, and i have come to notice that when i clicked the windows store icon/app, nothing would happen at all. i looked for a few days on support and the 3 things i saw to do most was troubleshoot, i tried and did not work, reinstalling all windows apps through PowerShell, did not work, and finally in-place upgrading windows 10, which also had no effect. after doing all of these im back to square one with as little progress as originally, does anyone have any ideas?

:)

LucasThomas11, Apr 16, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft's 'One Store' takes a step towards completion

Read more: Microsoft takes a step towards completion

Brink, Apr 16, 2022
  3. Can not open "Microsoft Store"

Hello,

As you've tried all the possible solutions and nothing worked, I recommend you to perform repair upgrade, see if that helps:

[How To] Repair Windows 10 Using In-Place Upgrade

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya MVP, Apr 16, 2022
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Microsoft Store Completely Refusing to open even after in-place upgrade

Microsoft Store closes upon startup

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving the issue. I understand that Microsoft Store doesn't open on your computer. I'll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• Are you aware of any changes made to the computer prior to this issue?

As you have already tried reinstalling Microsoft Store and creating a Test profile, it could be possible that the system files related to Microsoft Store is corrupt. I would suggest you to try running DISM and SFC command and see if that helps. To
    do this, refer the steps mentioned in the article Using System File Checker in Windows

If the issue persists, we can perform an in-place upgrade on the computer. An in place upgrade will repair the corrupted system files and will upgrade the computer to the latest version of Windows as well.

To perform an in place upgrade on the computer, refer the steps mentioned in the article
    How to perform an In-place Upgrade
    with Windows 10 Step-by-Step Guide
    by PaulSey…

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 16, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft Store Completely Refusing to open even after in-place upgrade

1. Microsoft Store Completely Refusing to open even after in-place upgrade - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Completely

2. Microsoft store refusing to install, not sure if even properly uninstalled

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store refusing to install, not sure if even properly uninstalled: Hello,I'm trying to install the Microsoft Store app on my Windows 10 PC and I'm having no luck. I previously tried uninstalling it, which kind of worked. It doesn't show up in my list of installed apps, but when I search for it with Windows search it pops up with a blank...
  3. Microsoft store refusing to install, not sure if even properly uninstalled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store refusing to install, not sure if even properly uninstalled: Hello,I'm trying to install the Microsoft Store app on my Windows 10 PC and I'm having no luck. I previously tried uninstalling it, which kind of worked. It doesn't show up in my list of installed apps, but when I search for it with Windows search it pops up with a blank...
  4. Microsoft store refusing to install, not sure if even properly uninstalled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Store Completely Refusing to open even after in-place upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Completely Refusing to open even after in-place upgrade: i recently rebuilt windows, while retaining personal files, and i have come to notice that when i clicked the windows store icon/app, nothing would happen at all. i looked for a few days on support and the 3 things i saw to do most was troubleshoot, i tried and did not work,...
  6. Microsoft Store Completely Refusing to open even after in-place upgrade

Microsoft Store Completely Refusing to open even after in-place upgrade: i recently rebuilt windows, while retaining personal files, and i have come to notice that when i clicked the windows store icon/app, nothing would happen at all. i looked for a few days on support and the 3 things i saw to do most was troubleshoot, i tried and did not work,...
  7. My Microsoft store refuses to open

My Microsoft store refuses to open: At first my Microsoft store was fine then after a while it started bringing up a message after trying to install an app it kept on saying "acquiring license the it says error" so i watched a video on YouTube about fixing the problem and the person said that i had to reset it...
  8. "The parameter is incorrect" error messag even after in-place upgrade.

in Windows 10 Support
    "The parameter is incorrect" error messag even after in-place upgrade.: I've read many similar posts on various, and tried just about everything I could find in them. Yet still, every time I try to run an app in the "WindowsApps" folder, I get this error message. I can, however, manually go into the folder and tun the executables directly. Rough...
  9. Can't reinstall Microsoft Store even after an in-place upgrade and full reset

Can't reinstall Microsoft Store even after an in-place upgrade and full reset: So to keep this short, I stupidly set myself as the owner of WindowsApps was trying to get to a game install location and ran some powershell commands because I had an error that said "vivoxsdk.dll not found". I ended up attempting to uninstall and reinstall the Microsoft...
  10. Microsoft store won't open after reset upgrade

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store won't open after reset upgrade: Hello, I was getting error 0x87AF000B when I tried to install an app through the microsoft store so I started looking in this forum for answers. I am getting this errors [ATTACH] (the first error is a cannot find path... because it does not exist.) (the second error is...