Windows 10: Microsoft Store crashes after update

Discus and support Microsoft Store crashes after update in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi, Windows store crashes every time when I try to open it. I have try many solutions to fix it with different outputs from store but without success.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Nozyk_57, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Nozyk_57 Win User

Microsoft Store crashes after update

Hi,

Windows store crashes every time when I try to open it. I have try many solutions to fix it with different outputs from store but without success.

1. Using msreset.exe I get pop-up with information: "ms-windows-storeMicrosoft Store crashes after update :purgeCaches Błąd systemu plików -2147219196".

2. Using solution with command: "Get-AppXPackage Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"} " give strange result. Store is working but after start app's update it goes to state when it is still crashing. I see that store start downloading update for only one app: Alarms and clocks.

3. Solution with commands: Get-AppxPackage *windowsstore* Remove-AppxPackage" and "Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"}" give result after first command:

Remove-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CFA, Usunięcie nie powiodło się. Skontaktuj się z dostawcą

oprogramowania.

Deployment Remove operation with target volume C: on Package Microsoft.WindowsStore_12004.1001.1.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe f

rom: Microsoft.WindowsStore_12004.1001.1.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe failed with error 0x80070057. See http://go.microsoft

.com/fwlink/?LinkId=235160 for help diagnosing app deployment issues.

NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 1deec641-3fc3-0004-f36e-ef1dc33fd601 in the Event Log or use th

e command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID 1deec641-3fc3-0004-f36e-ef1dc33fd601

At line:1 char:34

+ Get-AppxPackage *windowsstore* Remove-AppxPackage

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : WriteError: Microsoft.Windo...__8wekyb3d8bbwe:String [Remove-AppxPackage], IOException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.RemoveAppxPackageCommand

4. New user account: Store works very good up to Microsoft Sotre update from Microsoft Store.

5. Run system file checker tool: no result.

6. All updates installed with windows update: no result.

7. Trying to uninstall all additional apps installed by me: Lemmings, Minecraft, Arduino studio from store ends with error code: 0x80073cfa

I need solution to fix that without delating all my apps.

:)

Nozyk_57, Jun 11, 2020

2. Microsoft Edge crashing since latest Windows 10 updates

Hi Steve,

There could be changes made or updates performed on your computer that causing your Microsoft Edge to crash. To help us isolate this problem, we suggest that you reset the Windows Store cache. Follow these steps:

• In the Cortana search bar, type in WSReset.exe.
    • Click on Run as administrator.
    • Once the Windows Store has been reset, you'll get a conformation message saying that:
      The cache for the Store was cleared. You can now browse the Store for apps.

Try opening Microsoft Edge and see if it loads.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Microsoft Store Games Crash When Installed On SSD

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to help you further:

• Have you installed Windows in SSD or in HDD?
    • How are you moving the applications to SSD?
    • What is the error code/message you get when the computer crashes?

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps in the article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Storeand see
    if that helps in resolving the issue.

You can also, download the Chipset and Storage drivers from the manufacturer website of the motherboard and update them.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Microsoft Store crashes after update

Microsoft Store Fading

Hi Angela,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience you are facing. Before I suggest you some troubleshooting steps and confuse you more, can you share what exactly happens with the Windows Store?

• What do you mean by fades away? Does it crash?

• Are you not able to sign in to Windows Store? What error message do you get?
    Please get back to us with the required information. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Store crashes after update

1. Microsoft Store crashes after update - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store crashes

2. Microsoft Store crashes instantly after launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store crashes instantly after launching: Hello my name's youssef and recently my windows was acting abit werid.. firstly VPNs no longer work for methen all microsoft office fail authenticate me then the Worst happened.the microsoft store app closes instantly after opening it. i've searched on the internet for a way...
  3. Microsoft Store crashes instantly after launching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store crashes instantly after launching: Hello my name's youssef and recently my windows was acting abit werid.. firstly VPNs no longer work for methen all microsoft office fail authenticate me then the Worst happened.the microsoft store app closes instantly after opening it. i've searched on the internet for a way...
  4. Microsoft Store crashes instantly after launching

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Microsoft phone crashing on updates from microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft phone crashing on updates from microsoft store: Hey all!So this caught my attenion in the last month or so..Basically microsoft phone or phone link as it is called now is crashing each time there is an update on microsoft store available.Note that i never used the app or for the matter of fact even clicked on it.The update...
  6. Microsoft phone crashing on updates from microsoft store

Microsoft phone crashing on updates from microsoft store: Hey all!So this caught my attenion in the last month or so..Basically microsoft phone or phone link as it is called now is crashing each time there is an update on microsoft store available.Note that i never used the app or for the matter of fact even clicked on it.The update...
  7. Microsoft Store Crashes Instantly after opening

Microsoft Store Crashes Instantly after opening: The Microsoft Store Crashes Instantly after opening I tried WSReset but I got this. AND any Microsoft apps e.g Photos Will also crash everytime its opened. can anyone help me?...
  8. Microsoft Store Crashes Instantly after opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Crashes Instantly after opening: The Microsoft Store Crashes Instantly after opening I tried WSReset but I got this. AND any Microsoft apps e.g Photos Will also crash everytime its opened. can anyone help me?...
  9. Microsoft Store Crashes Instantly after opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. Microsoft Store crashing after launch

Microsoft Store crashing after launch: Hello, I didn't use Microsoft Store for a while but lately I wanted to try downloading something from there.Unfortunately my plans were destroyed by Microsoft Store crashing when I was clicking on any app, before it even loads properly.How it looks is: I click on an app ->...