Windows 10: Microsoft store crashes as soon as it opens

Discus and support Microsoft store crashes as soon as it opens in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; So I have a *clean* install of Windows 10 Pro N. All the latest windows updates. I created the bootable USB using the Windows 10 media creation tool... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Wild.Coast, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Microsoft store crashes as soon as it opens

So I have a *clean* install of Windows 10 Pro N. All the latest windows updates. I created the bootable USB using the Windows 10 media creation tool today. In other words, essentially the latest-and-greatest.

I have installed no 3rd party applications yet. After the install the running windows updates I'm able to open the Microsoft Store, was able to install and run a store app. But if I click on the '3 dots' on the right of the MS Store screen and click 'update' I see the Store go into a update frenzy, trying to update the various Microsoft pre-installed apps. Then I see the Store itself get a progress bar. Then it crashes, and I can't open it.

Ridiculous. Sounds like really bad quality control on Microsoft's part. Very disappointing Microsoft store crashes as soon as it opens :(

:)

Wild.Coast, Dec 28, 2018

2. Windows Store crashes as soon as it starts

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to do a Windows Store reset by following the steps below.

• Press “Windows key + R”, type “wsreset.exe” (without quotes) and press Enter.
    • This will reset the Windows Store.
    After the Windows Store is reset, Computer will automatically open Windows Store. Check if the issue still persists.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 28, 2018
  3. Nate.42 Win User
    Windows 10 apps won't open, blame Store app, Store app crashes immediatly upon opening

I can't use apps like the calendar, calculator or anything provided through the Windows Store. When I open them they tell me to look at the store for more info. The Store crashes as soon as I open it.

I've seen lots of people have been having this problem over the past 6 months (the fact that Microsoft hasn't patched this issue is telling) So far I've tried:

• Powershell commands to re-register the apps
    • wsreset.exe (says it can't run and needs to be reinstalled)
    • App Troubleshooter finds no problem
    • Cleared the store Cache
    • Created a new Local User on this computer
    • Created a new Microsoft account on this computer
    • DISM
    • sfc.exe no problems found

Synced the time with time.windows.com (I don't know why this would have worked but it was suggested and I'm desperate)

Any Ideas?

Nate.42, Dec 28, 2018
  4. Microsoft store crashes as soon as it opens

Microsoft Store

Hi James,

To resolve your concern about Windows Store, we suggest for you to follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R key to open Run.
    • Type wsreset.exe and press
      Enter
    • Restart the PC, sign in with your Microsoft user account and check if you are able to find Windows Store.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft store crashes as soon as it opens

1. Microsoft store crashes as soon as it opens - Similar Threads - Microsoft store crashes

2. Microsoft Store crashes at startup

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store crashes at startup: Hello, After updating the Microsoft Store application to v11810.1001.12.0, it stopped working. The store application window appears for two or three seconds and then disappears again. It was tested WSReset, Reset by configuration, Windows Update Troubleshooter. Nothing...
  3. Microsoft Store not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store not opening: Yet again I have a problem. This time it is with Microsoft Store. The App simply does not open at all and I keep getting the following error message although I am connected to the internet.: “Check you connection. Microsoft Store needs to be online. It looks you’re...
  4. Microsoft store not opening

Microsoft store not opening: I have a huge problem...My Microsoft store wasn't opening. I have tried many methods and I think I located the issue. There is no "Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe" in my "\AppData\Local\Packages\" . I would really appreciate it if someone can help me resolve this issue....
  5. Microsoft Store apps crashing

Microsoft Store apps crashing: I have just built a new PC, and I downloaded the game Sea of Thieves (one of my faves) and sadly it will not work. The game will download fine, then as soon as you launch it all you get is a small windowed frame with the game title for about 2 minutes before it crashes with...
  6. Microsoft windows store crashes

Microsoft windows store crashes: Windows store begins to open then crashes. I've tried absolutely everything that Microsoft recommends. In fact, I reloaded Windows 10. Still does the same thing. With all the banter and solutions and suggestions and etc. I would think by now there is a solution. There are...
  7. Microsoft store will not open

Microsoft store will not open: Hey! I've been struggling with this annoying problem for a week now. I wanted to install some of the WSL-type packages, so I navigated to the Microsoft Store. When I tried to go to the page for downloading the app, the Store crashed. After updating to the latest...
  8. Microsoft Store Crashes on Startup

Microsoft Store Crashes on Startup: I’ve tried everything, from DSIM checks to troubleshooters and PowerShell commands. I have bought a new Lenovo Yoga 910 and my Microsoft Store will load then crash. I have found that it will load if you try opening it after you restart, but after that it does the same thing....
  9. microsoft store not opening

microsoft store not opening: Last week updated windows after uodate mailbox and store not opening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/microsoft-store-not-opening/e8ce338b-76bf-4924-9976-0b5efeed03d8
  10. Applications crash and stop responding as soon as they're opened

Applications crash and stop responding as soon as they're opened: Hello. I've had a problem with my Lenovo laptop since last week. Every time I try to open an application, excluding the default applications by Windows, they crash as soon as the app opens, and I get a "has stopped working" popup. I've erased potential viruses with Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. store app opens and crashes

2. microsoft store closes as soon as I open it

3. microsoft store crashes upon openign

4. ms store crashhes