Windows 10: Microsoft store crashes as soon as it opens

Discus and support Microsoft store crashes as soon as it opens in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; So I have a *clean* install of Windows 10 Pro N. All the latest windows updates. I created the bootable USB using the Windows 10 media creation tool... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Wild.Coast, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Microsoft store crashes as soon as it opens

So I have a *clean* install of Windows 10 Pro N. All the latest windows updates. I created the bootable USB using the Windows 10 media creation tool today. In other words, essentially the latest-and-greatest.

I have installed no 3rd party applications yet. After the install the running windows updates I'm able to open the Microsoft Store, was able to install and run a store app. But if I click on the '3 dots' on the right of the MS Store screen and click 'update' I see the Store go into a update frenzy, trying to update the various Microsoft pre-installed apps. Then I see the Store itself get a progress bar. Then it crashes, and I can't open it.

Ridiculous. Sounds like really bad quality control on Microsoft's part. Very disappointing Microsoft store crashes as soon as it opens :(

:)

Wild.Coast, Dec 28, 2018

2. Windows Store crashes as soon as it starts

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to do a Windows Store reset by following the steps below.

• Press “Windows key + R”, type “wsreset.exe” (without quotes) and press Enter.
    • This will reset the Windows Store.
    After the Windows Store is reset, Computer will automatically open Windows Store. Check if the issue still persists.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 28, 2018
  3. Nate.42 Win User
    Windows 10 apps won't open, blame Store app, Store app crashes immediatly upon opening

I can't use apps like the calendar, calculator or anything provided through the Windows Store. When I open them they tell me to look at the store for more info. The Store crashes as soon as I open it.

I've seen lots of people have been having this problem over the past 6 months (the fact that Microsoft hasn't patched this issue is telling) So far I've tried:

• Powershell commands to re-register the apps
    • wsreset.exe (says it can't run and needs to be reinstalled)
    • App Troubleshooter finds no problem
    • Cleared the store Cache
    • Created a new Local User on this computer
    • Created a new Microsoft account on this computer
    • DISM
    • sfc.exe no problems found

Synced the time with time.windows.com (I don't know why this would have worked but it was suggested and I'm desperate)

Any Ideas?

Nate.42, Dec 28, 2018
  4. Microsoft store crashes as soon as it opens

Microsoft Store

Hi James,

To resolve your concern about Windows Store, we suggest for you to follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R key to open Run.
    • Type wsreset.exe and press
      Enter
    • Restart the PC, sign in with your Microsoft user account and check if you are able to find Windows Store.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft store crashes as soon as it opens

1. Microsoft store crashes as soon as it opens - Similar Threads - Microsoft store crashes

2. microsoft store will not open ,keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft store will not open ,keeps crashing: everytime i click on the Microsoft store app it starts to open and then shuts down. i tried some of the suggestiosn,but none have worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-will-not-open-keeps-crashing/82c9d5e2-4e6a-4cd6-ab69-c8b49f117443
  3. microsoft store will not open ,keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft store will not open ,keeps crashing: everytime i click on the Microsoft store app it starts to open and then shuts down. i tried some of the suggestiosn,but none have worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-will-not-open-keeps-crashing/82c9d5e2-4e6a-4cd6-ab69-c8b49f117443
  4. Settings & Microsoft Store not opening/crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings & Microsoft Store not opening/crashing: This happened very suddenly and randomly, my computer simply will not allow me to open up my settings and microsoft store, and when I've read many forums on the same issue, powershell as well. Nothing is working, not even trying to reset my pc entirely, it just says "an error...
  5. Settings & Microsoft Store not opening/crashing

Settings & Microsoft Store not opening/crashing: This happened very suddenly and randomly, my computer simply will not allow me to open up my settings and microsoft store, and when I've read many forums on the same issue, powershell as well. Nothing is working, not even trying to reset my pc entirely, it just says "an error...
  6. Microsoft store opens, as soon as it seems to be done loading it closes.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store opens, as soon as it seems to be done loading it closes.: I have done everything. I've run wsreset.exe, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app through powershell so many times I could type it out without looking. I've reset my pc while keeping personal files AND wiping my drives. I've done an ISO in-place repair. I've run the...
  7. Microsoft store opens, as soon as it seems to be done loading it closes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store opens, as soon as it seems to be done loading it closes.: I have done everything. I've run wsreset.exe, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app through powershell so many times I could type it out without looking. I've reset my pc while keeping personal files AND wiping my drives. I've done an ISO in-place repair. I've run the...
  8. Microsoft store opens, as soon as it seems to be done loading it closes.

9. Opening the Microsoft Store keeps crashing

Opening the Microsoft Store keeps crashing: I just reset the factory settings, but the Microsoft store has been unable to open, it has been flashing back, I have tried many methods on the Internet, but it does not work, which brother can help meAnd using Microsoft program detection shows "application not started"...
  10. Microsoft Store closing as soon as i open it

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store closing as soon as i open it: This has happened twice to me now, the first time I had to wipe my whole pc after trying every "fix". Don't feel like doing this again after losing all my stuff, can somebody help? This is really stressing me out.BTW i have done wsreset, deleting directories, reseting...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. store app opens and crashes

2. microsoft store closes as soon as I open it

3. microsoft store crashes upon openign

4. ms store crashhes