Windows 10: Microsoft Store, crashes if I try to Install games, and when it does let me the download...

Discus and support Microsoft Store, crashes if I try to Install games, and when it does let me the download... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; So I'm trying to download Sea of Thieves, for my PC (I got it with Gamepass) I know i can use because I've installed it before. When it started... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Twanui, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Twanui Win User

Microsoft Store, crashes if I try to Install games, and when it does let me the download...

So I'm trying to download Sea of Thieves, for my PC (I got it with Gamepass) I know i can use because I've installed it before. When it started freezing it froze at 25.76 mb. I've tried anything i could find on the internet, I also tried Updating my computer but after, I updated it i couldn't even press the Install button because whenever I did, the Store crashed.

My OS build is 18362.295

:)

Twanui, Sep 2, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Microsoft Store Games Crash When Installed On SSD

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to help you further:

• Have you installed Windows in SSD or in HDD?
    • How are you moving the applications to SSD?
    • What is the error code/message you get when the computer crashes?

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps in the article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Storeand see
    if that helps in resolving the issue.

You can also, download the Chipset and Storage drivers from the manufacturer website of the motherboard and update them.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 2, 2019
  3. Microsoft Sudoku Daily Challenge game crashes during the game.

Hi LJamesBlythe,

Having a corrupted game file is one of the potential reasons why Microsoft Sudoku crashes when playing. To help you resolve this concern, I need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Are you experiencing this concern with all of your games?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

In the meantime, I suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Kindly click the link below to proceed:

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 4: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps and features.
    4. Find the game and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Sep 2, 2019
  4. Microsoft Store, crashes if I try to Install games, and when it does let me the download...

Install Microsoft Store Game In Specific Folder

Hi,

I understand that you want to organize your Windows 10 storage location. However, the feature you're looking for is currently not possible. We suggest sending feedback to Microsoft using Feedback Hub app. You can visit this
    article to know more details about it.

Moreover, you could always choose a preferred location from the Store settings, or move installed content to a different drive. In case you have the OS installed on an SSD and have a dedicated drive for games, the feature will make it more convenient to
    download games to a dedicated drive before initiating the download.

You can follow the steps below on how to install Windows Store apps on a separate drive:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Click on System.
    3. Click on Storage.
    4. Under "Save locations," and on "New apps will save to," select the new drive location.

Once you completed the steps, new apps you download from the Windows Store will now install automatically in the new location.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Michelle Vil, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Store, crashes if I try to Install games, and when it does let me the download...

1. Microsoft Store, crashes if I try to Install games, and when it does let me the download... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store crashes

2. Microsoft Store won't let me install games

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store won't let me install games: It only applies to games that requie administrator approval for instalation (other games work fine), my install button is just diabled: [ATTACH] When I select install on my devices it displays a message that I don't heve suitable device for this game. Of course I have an...
  3. Microsoft store is not letting me install a game I bought on a signed-in pc. How do I sign...

Microsoft store is not letting me install a game I bought on a signed-in pc. How do I sign...: When I click on the ... in the microsoft store, this is what it says:[ATTACH] [ATTACH] I'm signed in, right? This is in the Microsoft Store.[ATTACH]...
  4. Microsoft Store will not let me download windows 10 minecraft.

Microsoft Store will not let me download windows 10 minecraft.: I bought java minecraft far before they had made the cross platform capabilities in the windows 10 version. Due to this majong did not want to punish players by making them rebuy the game. I had a code they had given me to redeem. After I tried to redeem said code, I got an...
  5. Microsoft Store Games Crash When Installed On SSD

Microsoft Store Games Crash When Installed On SSD: Hi! Thanks for reading. When I install any Microsoft Store game on my SSD the games crash. I've tried Sea Of Thieves and Forza Horizon 4. Both go to a black screen and shut down. Other games (Origin, Steam, etc work all the time). Besides that, when i download them on...
  6. Windows store wont let me install game! Please help!

Windows store wont let me install game! Please help!: I need help. I recently uninstalled some games that I bought from the Microsoft store, I uninstalled the wrong game, when I tried to re-install the game the Install button is greyed out and the Microsoft store won't let me install the game. [IMG] The strange part about...
  7. trying to install Fortnite but it won't let me

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    trying to install Fortnite but it won't let me: trying to install Fortnite on my sons laptop but get the message " The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation" I have basic old man people skills on computers, so can someone help? and put it into baby terms so i can understand please. Thanks in...
  8. The Microsoft store won't let me download anything

The Microsoft store won't let me download anything: I've had my computer for a while, its a good computer, it has served me well. One thing, however, that is not serving me well is this: When I try to download things from the Microsoft store, it simply. Just. Won't let me. Instead of downloading whatever it is I try to...
  9. Microsoft Store not letting me install any apps

Microsoft Store not letting me install any apps: whenever i try to install an app it tells me "Couldn't install [app]. We'll retry shortly." This is on windows 10 The error code is 0x803FB005...
  10. Windows Store crashes when trying to install an app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Store crashes when trying to install an app: I don't even get an error message. Just up and closes. I've been trying to install Killer Instinct for ages now. I'm signed into the store with an MS account. I don't even remember all my steps or everything I've done. I've spent the last night and a half just trying...