Windows 10: Microsoft Store Crashes when Searching with "\" on Windows 11

Discus and support Microsoft Store Crashes when Searching with "\" on Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Searching with "\" might crash the Store. I'm already updated to the latest version of Microsoft Store. I'm not sure why this happen. Seems it's trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PairmanGuo, Dec 9, 2021.

1. Microsoft Store Crashes when Searching with "\" on Windows 11

Searching with "\" might crash the Store. I'm already updated to the latest version of Microsoft Store. I'm not sure why this happen. Seems it's trying to access it as a file path. Sometimes a standalone backslash can crash the Store while sometimes can't. Adding some words before the backslash can certainly crash the Store such as "edge\". I found this bug when searching for Edge and unintentionally typed a "\".

:)

PairmanGuo, Dec 9, 2021

2. Windows 10 Store crashing continuously when searching

Hello Ben,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue let us try the following steps:

• Press Windows Key + R to open
      Run window.

• Type wsreset.exe and press OK.

• This will clear the Windows Store cache and the Windows Store would open automatically. Check if you are able to search in the store.

If the above does not work, then try the following step:

• Open Cortana and type in the search keyword: Troubleshooting.

• On the search results click on Troubleshooting at the top to open the Control Panel.

• Click on View All in the left hand panel.

• Click on Windows Store Apps.

• Follow the on-screens steps to reset the store apps.

Hope the above steps help to resolve the issue.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Dec 9, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 9, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Microsoft Store Crashes when Searching with "\" on Windows 11

IE 11 not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

Internet Explorer help

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Dec 9, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Store Crashes when Searching with "\" on Windows 11

1. Microsoft Store Crashes when Searching with "\" on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Crashes

2. Microsoft Store Crashes on Search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Crashes on Search: The Microsoft Store opens normally, but when I search for anything in the search bar, it closes itself after a few seconds. I'm on Windows 10 Home, Version 22H2, build, 19045.3570, Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19052.1000.0....
  3. Microsoft Store Crashes on Search

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Crashes on Search: The Microsoft Store opens normally, but when I search for anything in the search bar, it closes itself after a few seconds. I'm on Windows 10 Home, Version 22H2, build, 19045.3570, Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19052.1000.0....
  4. Microsoft Store Crashes on Search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. The Microsoft Store and Search crashes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Microsoft Store and Search crashes.: If I attempt to purchase or download an app on the Microsoft Store the program will just crash. If I attempt to use the search function in the start bar it will open a box above it, then crash. If I try to use the search inside file explorer, I click on it, after a few...
  6. The Microsoft Store and Search crashes.

The Microsoft Store and Search crashes.: If I attempt to purchase or download an app on the Microsoft Store the program will just crash. If I attempt to use the search function in the start bar it will open a box above it, then crash. If I try to use the search inside file explorer, I click on it, after a few...
  7. The Microsoft Store and Search crashes.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  8. windows search and microsoft store crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows search and microsoft store crashing: HelloI have just installed Windows 11 Home on my system, which had Windows 10 up by now, quite an old one actually, for some reason I couldn't update to newer version, and my PC was not going to support windows 11.So I upgraded the entire PC except SSD, PSU and GPU, and case,...
  9. windows search and microsoft store crashing

windows search and microsoft store crashing: HelloI have just installed Windows 11 Home on my system, which had Windows 10 up by now, quite an old one actually, for some reason I couldn't update to newer version, and my PC was not going to support windows 11.So I upgraded the entire PC except SSD, PSU and GPU, and case,...
  10. Microsoft Store Crashes when Searching with "\" on Windows 11

Microsoft Store Crashes when Searching with "\" on Windows 11: Searching with "\" might crash the Store. I'm already updated to the latest version of Microsoft Store. I'm not sure why this happen. Seems it's trying to access it as a file path. Sometimes a standalone backslash can crash the Store while sometimes can't. Adding some words...