Windows 10: Microsoft Store disappeared after a reset - can't access CMD or Registry

Discus and support Microsoft Store disappeared after a reset - can't access CMD or Registry in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I finally got around to updating my laptop and needed to do a reset before it would work. Once my laptop was back on after the update I went to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by lee rayanne, Jun 10, 2022.

1. Microsoft Store disappeared after a reset - can't access CMD or Registry

I finally got around to updating my laptop and needed to do a reset before it would work. Once my laptop was back on after the update I went to download a game from the Microsoft Store and it was just gone. I've looked everywhere online and done everything I could find to try and fix it, but nothing's working. "There’s a problem with this app. Contact your system administrator about repairing or reinstalling it." is the message I get when I try to open either the store or registry to fix the problem that way.

:)

lee rayanne, Jun 10, 2022
  2. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Jun 10, 2022
  3. Unable to access Windows Store and Microsoft Edge after editing the registry settings on Windows 10

Hi James,

As you are facing issues with accessing Microsoft Edge and Windows Store, provide us additional information to assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you try to access Windows Store and Microsoft Edge?
    • Have you created a backup of registry on your device before editing it?

Let us try to restore the registry settings and check if it helps.

Step 1: If you have a backup of the registry, I recommend you to refer to the below article to restore from it and check if it helps.

Refer to the article to backup and restore the registry in Windows:
    How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Note: The above links applies to Windows 10 as well.

Registry disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that
    you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

If that doesn't help,

Step 2: I suggest you to perform a system restore to the earlier point of this issue and check if the issue persists. When you perform a System Restore the time and date would be changed on your computer.

System Restore: Though it is said that System Restore does not affect your personal information such as email, documents, photos, videos, etc., but there is highly possible that some of your personal files are deleted
    while system restoring.

During System Restore, there may be errors and such errors may cause damage to the files that are present in the system. And, computer shutdown during restoring process may also lead to file loss. Sometimes when System Restore is failed, it may lead
    to loss of important files as well.

I recommend you to refer to the Microsoft article to perform System Restore:
    Recovery options in Windows 10

Section: Restore from a system restore point.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the Windows Store and Microsoft Edge for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 10, 2022
  4. Microsoft Store disappeared after a reset - can't access CMD or Registry

I can't access the Microsoft apps store from my Windows 10 computer. I am getting error code 0x80131505

Hi Donald,

The error code 0x80131505 will likely occur due to damaged registry files, malware infection, or corrupted data. Since you mentioned that running the apps diagnostic tool is giving you a message that there was a problem with the apps store cache, we suggest
    that you clear and reset the Windows Store cache. To do that, follow these steps:

• Type cmd in the search box, then select Command Prompt.
    • Type: WSReset.exe
    • Allow the process to complete, then restart your computer.

Feel free to get back to us should you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Jun 10, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft Store disappeared after a reset - can't access CMD or Registry

1. Microsoft Store disappeared after a reset - can't access CMD or Registry - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store disappeared

2. Microsoft Store disappeared after a reset - can't access CMD or Registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store disappeared after a reset - can't access CMD or Registry: I finally got around to updating my laptop and needed to do a reset before it would work. Once my laptop was back on after the update I went to download a game from the Microsoft Store and it was just gone. I've looked everywhere online and done everything I could find to try...
  3. Microsoft Store disappeared after a reset - can't access CMD or Registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store disappeared after a reset - can't access CMD or Registry: I finally got around to updating my laptop and needed to do a reset before it would work. Once my laptop was back on after the update I went to download a game from the Microsoft Store and it was just gone. I've looked everywhere online and done everything I could find to try...
  4. Can't access Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access Microsoft store: Every time I try to access the Microsoft store I get the "try that again" error message, I can't sign in either, trying just brings up the "something went wrong" error message....
  5. Can't access Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access Microsoft store: Every time I try to access the Microsoft store I get the "try that again" error message, I can't sign in either, trying just brings up the "something went wrong" error message....
  6. Can't access Microsoft store

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Can't access Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't access Microsoft Store: My Microsoft store app says the server is stumbled yet am on the latest version of win 10 and I have a good connection.* Moved from MSN* Original title: MICROSOFT STORE...
  8. Microsoft Store disappeared after windows reset

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store disappeared after windows reset: Hi Team,I did windows reset recently and after reset I am not able to see MS Store anymore.I have also tried wsreset.exe and troubleshooting from settings but no progress.I also checked in registry and could not find windows Store in HKLM-Apps. Looks like it didnt install...
  9. Can't access microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't access microsoft store.: [ATTACH] Can't go into any applications page and download any of the apps. but i can switch fromm gamming to entertainment tabs after that it's done nothing happens. This is what it looks like when i go into any apps page to download but i can't bc it's stuck in this...
  10. Can't Access Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Access Microsoft Store: Hello folks. So I noted a few days ago that I could not log onto the store. When I click the icon the page comes up and just site there. My first thought was to check for any Windows updates. But when I click 'Check for Updates' nothing happens at all. The usual indicators...