Windows 10: Microsoft Store displays some of the upper tiles in gray

Discus and support Microsoft Store displays some of the upper tiles in gray in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I performed a new clean installation of Windows 10 Home version 2004 from ISO file. Everything works smoothly, except that in Microsoft Store some... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Cherizli, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Cherizli Win User

Microsoft Store displays some of the upper tiles in gray

I performed a new clean installation of Windows 10 Home version 2004 from ISO file.

Everything works smoothly, except that in Microsoft Store some of the upper tiles are gray empty.

I have tried so far to:

updated all the apps,

run Windows Store apps troubleshooter,

run wsreset.exe,

create a new test administrator user account.

Nothing solved the problem, the issue persists, and the top tile row in the Microsoft store around the upper title is constantly gray empty.

any idea?

Microsoft Store displays some of the upper tiles in gray [​IMG]

:)

Cherizli, Oct 7, 2020
  2. elbeasto Win User

Store Live Tile no longer works

Sorry I didn't finish editing that post.

it's up there now post #6.

elbeasto, Oct 7, 2020
  3. Live Tile display properties

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as the live tile for News works differently on the 2 machines. We tested on our 2 lab machines and seems that your PC 2 gives the correct live tile display for News app.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform the steps as mentioned in this article on PC 1:

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Let us know how it goes.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 7, 2020
  4. JustRay Win User

Microsoft Store tile not live

I have been looking for a solution to this issue for some months, I hope someone here might be able to help.

Some months ago, my Windows store tile stopped being live.
    The tile (and the store) functions perfectly in that I can use it to download and purchase new apps.
    It's simply no longer "live".

This tile always used to be live until after an MS Win 10 update (I can't remember which one anymore).
    A pretty minor thing really, since the store app works perfectly.
    All other tiles are live just not the Microsoft store tile.

I have a Win 10 Home edition laptop.
    Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.267).
    I also run the MS Win 10 security along with Malwarebytes pro.
    And the issue remains regardless of if I use a Microsoft Account or a local account.
    I've done everything I can think of but no joy.
    I even restored an image of my pc (I create them quite frequently) that I believe had a live Microsoft store tile, but after the restore, the tile is no longer live.

I also created 2 virtual Win 10 pcs (A home version and a Pro version) via Oracle VM Virtual Box.
    And regardless of if I use a local account or a Microsoft account, the tile is not live on either of the virtual Win 10 machines.

I've run
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    sfc/scannow
    chkdsk /r /f
    Everything comes up clean as a whistle.

I know 3 people who have purchased new Win 10 laptops.
    And the store in NOT live on any of their machines either.

Does anyone here have a "Live" Microsoft store tile ?

Suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

JustRay, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Store displays some of the upper tiles in gray - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store displays

2. Display gray scale

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display gray scale: I restored my laptop and shortly after loading all my stuff, i was asked to make a decision about the display. I chose poorly I guess because now it is gray scale and I cant get it back to color. Any help?...
  3. microsoft store is grayed out.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft store is grayed out.: The microsoft store is gone. I ran the troubleshooter for windows store and it had an undefined error. I hit send feedback and it gave me this error code 0x80070483Help! I need my store back. I have windows 10 64 on a desktop hp computer...
  4. Weird gray bars in upper-left corner of screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird gray bars in upper-left corner of screen: So there are these weird gray-blue bars that appear in the upper-left corner of my screen. #2 is by default on top of #1, and is able to be dragged around by mouse, but when you click the screen, it returns to the corner. #1 is not able to be moved, and when it is clicked it...
  5. Microsoft Store install Button Grayed out

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store install Button Grayed out: Hello, I recently have switched and upgraded from a old computer. So as I was beginning to re download everything, I went to the Microsoft store and tried to download a gameState of Decay 2. However the install button is completely grayed out, but their is the 3 dot button...
  6. Microsoft Store Live Tile

Microsoft Store Live Tile: When will microsoft if ever sort out the store tile not going live. It has been months since it stopped going live and i have seen no comments from microsoft, only comments from independant advisers / scammers with surgestions which in all honestly do not work. Has microsoft...
  7. Microsoft Store tile not live

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store tile not live: I have been looking for a solution to this issue for some months, I hope someone here might be able to help. Some months ago, my Windows store tile stopped being live. The tile (and the store) functions perfectly in that I can use it to download and purchase new apps. It's...
  8. Microsoft Store tile not live

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Store tile not live: I have been looking for a solution to this issue for some months, I hope someone here might be able to help. Some months ago, my Windows store tile stopped being live. The tile (and the store) functions perfectly in that I can use it to download and purchase new apps. It's...
  9. Microsoft store not opening and has '!' symbol on store tile

Microsoft store not opening and has '!' symbol on store tile: The Microsoft store opening and has a '!' symbol on the bottom right of store tile in the start menu. as many time I click it, it doesn't open. [ATTACH]...
  10. Small Gray Rectangle in Upper Left Corner

in Windows 10 Customization
    Small Gray Rectangle in Upper Left Corner: First of all, I am using a Surface Pro 3. This problem is weird because it only happens once in a while when my laptop goes to sleep (but not always), and it only goes away once I restart my computer. [IMG] I cannot use my desktop while it is there, and I can move the gray...