Windows 10: Microsoft Store does not recognize device to install game

Discus and support Microsoft Store does not recognize device to install game in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I bought a game on the sore and it won't recognize my device to install it. I have: 1. added my device through settings as instructed. It is showing... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Delroy1152, May 22, 2020.

1. Microsoft Store does not recognize device to install game

I bought a game on the sore and it won't recognize my device to install it. I have:

1. added my device through settings as instructed. It is showing as listed.

2. Updated windows

3. Updated Microsoft Store per instructions

4. restarted my computer

It still does not recognize my device to install the game.

Perhaps related but not sure: I had the game previously from another service and no longer use that service so I couldn't access the game. I uninstalled the game from my computer. How can I get the game to unstall?

:)

Delroy1152, May 22, 2020

2. Trying to install games from Microsoft Store on Windows 10

Thanks for the suggestions. I've tried each of these, with no results. I would also like to note that on the Microsoft Store app, in my library, the game is listed, however, no option to install it is given.

TheSauce05, May 22, 2020
  3. Install Microsoft Store Game In Specific Folder

Hi,

I understand that you want to organize your Windows 10 storage location. However, the feature you're looking for is currently not possible. We suggest sending feedback to Microsoft using Feedback Hub app. You can visit this
    article to know more details about it.

Moreover, you could always choose a preferred location from the Store settings, or move installed content to a different drive. In case you have the OS installed on an SSD and have a dedicated drive for games, the feature will make it more convenient to
    download games to a dedicated drive before initiating the download.

You can follow the steps below on how to install Windows Store apps on a separate drive:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Click on System.
    3. Click on Storage.
    4. Under "Save locations," and on "New apps will save to," select the new drive location.

Once you completed the steps, new apps you download from the Windows Store will now install automatically in the new location.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Michelle Vil, May 22, 2020
  4. Microsoft Store does not recognize device to install game

Microsoft Store Games

Hi Nhan,

For us to make sure that the failed download will be remove from your device, please follow the steps below:

Step 1: Uninstall the game on your device.

Click this link for the steps.

Step 2: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps.

Check this link for the app troubleshooter.

Step 3: Reset the Windows Store to clear the Store cache.

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).   
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.   

Step 4: Reinstall the game again.

To make sure that all changes made will take effect. Here's the link on how.

We hope that this information was helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Acelyn Alc, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Store does not recognize device to install game

1. Microsoft Store does not recognize device to install game - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store does

2. Microsoft Store Does Not Recognize Insider Status

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Does Not Recognize Insider Status: Good morning,I am registered with the Windows Insider program through the "Insider" website and I am running the latest Insider build at the time of writing this message 22000.469. Both the website and my account info on the PC show that I am part of the Insider Beta...
  3. Microsoft Store Does Not Recognize Insider Status

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store Does Not Recognize Insider Status: Good morning,I am registered with the Windows Insider program through the "Insider" website and I am running the latest Insider build at the time of writing this message 22000.469. Both the website and my account info on the PC show that I am part of the Insider Beta...
  4. Trying to install game on microsoft store install but does nothing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to install game on microsoft store install but does nothing: I have enough storage on the D: drive but it doesnt do anything when i try to install the game. Its FH3 if that matters. The store doesnt have any updates. Using version Windows 10 version 20H2. Any possible solutions are appreciated. submitted by /u/ZoneXSS [link]...
  5. Microsoft Store - "Game Does Not Work On This Device"

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store - "Game Does Not Work On This Device": Please help me! I just built my computer and everything has been going fine updating everything, but when I go to the Microsoft store to play any of my games, Microsoft Flight Simulator, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Assassin's Creed Odyssey, etc... it says "does not work...
  6. Microsoft Store "Update your device to install this game"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Store "Update your device to install this game": For any app on the Microsoft Store, it says "Update your device to install this game." My version of Windows is the latest possible. Version: 2004 OS Build: 19041.388 I have well above the recommended specs for apps and games that I want to download. I've tried everything...
  7. Microsoft Store does not recognize hard disk?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Store does not recognize hard disk?: Recently the Microsoft Store does not recognize my HDD (D:), my SSD on which Windows is installed (C:) is recognized, Can anyone explain why? https://www.gutefrage.net/frage/microsoft-store-erkennt-festplatte-nicht
  8. Microsoft Store - Game Does Not Work On This Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store - Game Does Not Work On This Device: Hello, I need some help I have a bunch of games in my library that I used to be able to play no problem. Now, all of a sudden, in a large portion of my library I am being told the game won't play on this device. This is particularly frustrating since I have had State of...
  9. Microsoft store doesn't recognize my device to install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store doesn't recognize my device to install: I recently decided to try the Game Pass for their $1 dollar promotion but I can't install any of the games that are available....the install button is greyed out and when I select the "..." to install on my device it doesn't have any device listed although I clearly have my...
  10. Can't install game from Windows store, won't recognize the device is linked to my Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install game from Windows store, won't recognize the device is linked to my Microsoft...: I am trying to install Battlefield 1 Revolution from the Microsoft Store. The purchase went fine, but when I try to install it, it tells me "It looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your...