Windows 10: Microsoft Store does not work while running VPN

Discus and support Microsoft Store does not work while running VPN in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I saw a fairly uninformed answer from a moderator in another forum that is locked about the store not working while a VPN is running. The Mods claim... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Tryptiks73, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Microsoft Store does not work while running VPN

I saw a fairly uninformed answer from a moderator in another forum that is locked about the store not working while a VPN is running. The Mods claim was that it was just the VPN's issue and the user should take it up with the software provider and not Microsoft isn't even close.

This is 100% false, while the VPN's can work around the windows operating system the only way this issue will resolve is if the VPN allows the operating system to use the computers information, IP and so on. This is not why people are running a VPN's, it's not to allow other people to dictate when they can or can't use them, this is personal security and they should accommodate the customers and not the other way around. We would not pay for a VPN that outsiders can manipulate, it would defeat the purpose of running the VPN in the first place.

The issue is yet another privacy invasion by Big Tech corporations. The issue is not with the VPN as they must operate within the confines of the operating system that was designed by Microsoft so to suggest the VPN provider can fix the issue is a joke. This is the same thing as Google tracking android device locations even when the phone is off or the phone battery is dead and Facebook just tracking , stealing info and selling everything to the highest bidder including the government.

FACT: In the modern age every major tech company wants to know everything about the users, VPN's are interfering with them doing this and that is what they are designed to do and the reason people use them. This is troubling to the tech giants because we just blinded them by using the VPN's.

The Microsoft servers are set up to allow identified traffic only, the don't like anonymous and hate invisible. While understandable i guess from a security standpoint the fact Microsoft is so arrogant that they won't address the issue and blame others puts them in line with the current day thinking that Tech Giants are here to save the world by invading privacy just in case.

This will be addressed in the near future as the governments are becoming tired of the continual over reach of the Tech companies. For now just turn off the VPN if you really need something from Microsoft and turn it back on when you are done. Also, Microsoft store is not the sole provider of the apps that work on windows either, looking into other options is another choice as well.

Does anyone else have any information on this issue.

I will not debate a Moderator as they are charged with only defending their stand on the topic and are not open to change of mind on the issue.

:)

Tryptiks73, Mar 29, 2019
  2. SmokieT Win User

Windows store not working while running on a vpn.

Hey, thanks for the reply.

Here is a screenshot of the error I get when trying to access the Windows Store while the VPN is running. .

Microsoft Store does not work while running VPN 553afa6d-a4fe-4918-b1bd-8754f171c2d0.jpg

Other than installing the VPN software, no major changes were made.

As far as troubleshooting steps.....There were a few. It took a while to figure out the VPN/Windows Store connection.

• Searched for the error code. Google and Bing.
    • Ran the troubleshooter which found the Store cache was corrupt. Repair didn't work.
    • Posted a question in the community without results
    • Contacted MS support and gave the tech access and he made some changes that appeared to have worked. (The VPN had not launched prior to testing after the restart)
    • More searches and more dead ends.
    • I wanted to check something out in Edge one day and I noticed it was running smooth and glitch free. I clicked the Store icon and just like magic is popped open. I then noticed the VPN wasn't connected. That was kinda the eureka moment for me. All three
      PC's do the same thing. VPN on, no Store. VPN off, Store works fine.
    The issue seems to be isolated to just the Store app. I chatted with a guy who was having the same issue and used a different VPN provider so it's not isolated to one.

Thanks for looking into this for me.

SmokieT, Mar 29, 2019
  3. Knoxx29 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Mar 29, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft Store does not work while running VPN

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin Microsoft Store does not work while running VPN :D

P4-630, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Store does not work while running VPN

1. Microsoft Store does not work while running VPN - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store does

2. Why does Microsoft software NOT work with VPN?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Microsoft software NOT work with VPN?: Same problem as the one posted by Burcakb at January 8, 2019:My VPN software works. Everything is installed correctly, i connect without issues.Every program that uses the internet can connect through the VPN software just fine.Except Microsoft software. I'm talking the...
  3. Why does Microsoft software NOT work with VPN?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does Microsoft software NOT work with VPN?: Same problem as the one posted by Burcakb at January 8, 2019:My VPN software works. Everything is installed correctly, i connect without issues.Every program that uses the internet can connect through the VPN software just fine.Except Microsoft software. I'm talking the...
  4. Why does Microsoft software NOT work with VPN?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Microsoft Store does not work

Microsoft Store does not work: I can not access the Microsoft store I tried resetting the app, reinstalling, reinstalling all apps, I even upgraded from win 10 to 11 hoping that this will solve the problem, I even tried to change the region settings and it does not work nor anything else that is part of...
  6. microsoft store does not work

microsoft store does not work: microsoft store does open and i could log in, but that is that. it cannot download anything, it cannot install programs, it does say that i own program but actually i dont have such program in my pc. tryied everything, troubleshooter, reseting iin cmd, restarting, nothing....
  7. microsoft store does not work

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft store does not work: microsoft store does open and i could log in, but that is that. it cannot download anything, it cannot install programs, it does say that i own program but actually i dont have such program in my pc. tryied everything, troubleshooter, reseting iin cmd, restarting, nothing....
  8. Microsoft Store does not working???

Microsoft Store does not working???: Hi Everyone. My Microsoft Store does not working??? My Windows Edition is Windows 10 Enterprise N x64 Code: 0x80131500 CV: mzhbg54Ink+6Bi/c https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-does-not-working/2f18d3c8-01d9-4d77-928f-ddbbe80721ab
  9. Why does Microsoft software NOT work with VPN?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does Microsoft software NOT work with VPN?: Let me make it very clear from the beginning. My VPN software works. Everything is installed correctly, i connect without issues. Every program that uses the internet can connect through the VPN software just fine. Except Microsoft software. I'm talking the Microsoft...
  10. Windows store not working while running on a vpn & ticking client for microsoft networks...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows store not working while running on a vpn & ticking client for microsoft networks...: Hello all. The original topic was locked, so this is the only way I can provide this fix. I found that windows 10 metro apps/services such as, the windows store, outlook, windows update etc. do not seem to think that there is an internet connection when using the PIA (Privet...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsfot store not working when connected to vpn

2. microsoft store not work with vpn

3. Cant not reach microsoft store while on VPN

4. microsoft store and office are not working after connecting to vpn