Windows 10: Microsoft Store Download failed, but the failed download is still taking up 130gb of my HDD

Discus and support Microsoft Store Download failed, but the failed download is still taking up 130gb of my HDD in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was downloading Gears of War 4 the other day and paused the download. When I hit play some time later the download disappears. I go to the store page... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RezPowerColt, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Microsoft Store Download failed, but the failed download is still taking up 130gb of my HDD

I was downloading Gears of War 4 the other day and paused the download. When I hit play some time later the download disappears. I go to the store page for GoW4 and it shows the option "Install". Hitting it will attempt a fresh install. However, the failed download is still taking 130gb. How do I fix this?

:)

RezPowerColt, Jun 19, 2019

2. Microsoft Store Download failed, but the failed download is still taking up 130gb of my HDD

I was downloading Gears of War 4 the other day and paused the download. When I hit play some time later the download disappears. I go to the store page for GoW4 and it shows the option "Install". Hitting it will attempt a fresh install. However, the failed
    download is still taking 130gb. How do I fix this?

RezPowerColt, Jun 26, 2019
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Microsoft Store Download failed, but the failed download is still taking up 130gb of my HDD

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The files you download are saved in a temporary location before they get installed. You may try clearing the temp files by following the steps given below.

Step 1:

• Open the Run dialog box by pressing the
      Windows key and the R key together.
    • Type Temp and hit the Enter key which will display the contents of the temp folder.
    • Select all files by pressing the Ctrl key and the
      A key.
    • Press the Shift key and the Delete key to delete all selected files.

Step 2:

• Open the Run dialog box again by pressing the
      Windows key and the R key together.
    • Type %Temp% and hit the Enter key which will display the contents of the temp folder.
    • Select all files by pressing the Ctrl key and the
      A key.
    • Press the Shift key and the Delete key to delete all selected files.

Step 3:

Now, open the Run dialog box again by pressing the
    Windows
    key and the R key.

Type Prefetch and hit the Enter key.

Select all files by pressing the Ctrl key and the
    A
    key.

Press the Shift key and the Delete key to delete all selected files

Alternatively, you can run the Windows Disk cleanup tool to clean up the unwanted files and free up the disk space. Please refer to the article below.

Disk cleanup in Windows 10

Feel free to write back, if you have any questions or need any further assistance with this issue.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Microsoft Store Download failed, but the failed download is still taking up 130gb of my HDD

Microsoft Store Download failed, but the failed download is still taking up 130gb of my HDD

Thanks for your reply!

I did as instructed, but the problem persists.

In my next reply there's a picture with the directory in question

It's occupying 124GB, but the Microsoft Store seems not to recognize the game is there, so if I try to download again, the store siggests I need space to download it

Thanks in advance!

RezPowerColt, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft Store Download failed, but the failed download is still taking up 130gb of my HDD - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Download

2. Microsoft Store Download failing, not cancelable

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Download failing, not cancelable: I was in the process of downloading Fallout 76 earlier today, making it about a third of the way through the download. I left my computer for some time to run errands. I returned to have found the download making zero progress, seemingly paused, though it certainly was not. I...
  3. Microsoft Store Download failing, not cancelable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Download failing, not cancelable: I was in the process of downloading Fallout 76 earlier today, making it about a third of the way through the download. I left my computer for some time to run errands. I returned to have found the download making zero progress, seemingly paused, though it certainly was not. I...
  4. Microsoft Store Download failing, not cancelable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Store download fails

Microsoft Store download fails: Hello, i have a problem when i try to install an app from Microsoft Store it fails directly, it didnt do this before but now its not downloading, my internet is so good and i dont know how to fix it so im asking for helpthanks in advance...
  6. Failed downloads from Microsoft Store

Failed downloads from Microsoft Store: Hi, has this happened to anyone before? I recently tried to download Gears of War 4 from the microsoft store on my laptop, the download failed, but for some reason, when I now try to install it again from scratch, my laptop has lost space.Is there any other way to fix it?...
  7. Failed downloads from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed downloads from Microsoft Store: Hi, has this happened to anyone before? I recently tried to download Gears of War 4 from the microsoft store on my laptop, the download failed, but for some reason, when I now try to install it again from scratch, my laptop has lost space.Is there any other way to fix it?...
  8. Failed downloads from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Windows Store Failed Download

Windows Store Failed Download: Hi, I recently tried to download Sea of Thieves off of the microsoft store. I was 44GB or so through the 49GB download when i paused it and it completely reset to 0GB. Even though the install failed and reset, it still took up storage on my device. I am now unable to download...
  10. Microsoft store failed download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store failed download: So I've been trying all day to download halo wars 2, but every time I start the download it works for 2min before failing giving me this code: 0x8024001E Tried restarting pc, deleting cache and logging in and out of the acc....