Windows 10: Microsoft Store Download failing, not cancelable

Discus and support Microsoft Store Download failing, not cancelable in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I was in the process of downloading Fallout 76 earlier today, making it about a third of the way through the download. I left my computer for some time... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by RowanShield, Oct 17, 2022.

1. Microsoft Store Download failing, not cancelable

I was in the process of downloading Fallout 76 earlier today, making it about a third of the way through the download. I left my computer for some time to run errands. I returned to have found the download making zero progress, seemingly paused, though it certainly was not. I decided to attempt to pause or cancel the download, and neither had any effect on it. Signing out of my Microsoft store account, as the halted download remained. I rebooted my computer, no effect. Deleting temporary logs had no effect as well. I'm just about stumped, by this point. Is my copy of the game haunted, or is th

:)

RowanShield, Oct 17, 2022

2. Microsoft Store Not Cancelling Download Properly

I saw that Age of Empires 4 was available via the Game Pass, so I decided to download the version with the 4K HDR video. I goofed up and selected my main C:/ drive as the destination, but soon realised that was wrong and tried to cancel the download so I could install the game on an external drive. However, the Microsoft Store is not co-operating properly and is now stuck informing me of insufficient space. No matter what I try, the download will not cancel and remove the files so I can get my space back.

I have tried resetting the Store numerous times, and I've also tried clicking the X button in the 'Downloads and Updates' page; for the latter, it gives me the warning that cancelling the download will uninstall the product, but when I click 'Yes, cancel anyway' it removes the download from the list, waits a moment, and then tries to resume the download again.

I've also tried deleting the 'Software Distribution' folder under C:/Windows, but that didn't work either.

I have very little patience left, so I'm hoping that someone here can help me; let me know if you need any more details.

Thanks for your time.

GeodesicDragon, Oct 17, 2022
  3. I cannot download Sea of Thieves on PC from microsoft store.

Hi Christopher,

Sorry for the delayed response. We identified this issue regards downloading Sea of Thieves from Windows Store App and we still working on it to fix the problem. As a workaround, we suggest following the steps below:

• Cancel all existing download on the Store app.
    • Start the download of Sea of Thieves once again.
    • As soon as the download starts, immediately restart the computer.
    • After the reboot, do not launch the Store app instead wait for the passive download which you can check in the Action Center. Then it will automatically install by itself and then open the game without any issues.

For any results, please let us know.

Genevieve Cri, Oct 17, 2022
  4. Rich M Win User

Microsoft Store Download failing, not cancelable

Microsoft Store failing to update or download

I'm having trouble with Microsoft Store. When I'm trying to update my apps, I get a failed error (0x80070015) and no update. I've come across the following article (Redirecting) which seems to do no good. Short of re-installing Windows, does anyone have any experience or suggestions to remedy this problem?

This is on Windows 10 1803

Thanks in advance.

Rich M, Oct 17, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft Store Download failing, not cancelable

1. Microsoft Store Download failing, not cancelable - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Download

2. How do I cancel a download in Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I cancel a download in Microsoft Store?: If I try to download any app in Microsoft Store, it goes to the bottom of the Updates and Downloads list. In the list there are so many useless apps I don't even remember getting. This wouldn't be a problem if the download speed was average, but unfortunately it takes SO LONG...
  3. Microsoft Store Download failing, not cancelable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Download failing, not cancelable: I was in the process of downloading Fallout 76 earlier today, making it about a third of the way through the download. I left my computer for some time to run errands. I returned to have found the download making zero progress, seemingly paused, though it certainly was not. I...
  4. Microsoft Store Download failing, not cancelable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store Download failing, not cancelable: I was in the process of downloading Fallout 76 earlier today, making it about a third of the way through the download. I left my computer for some time to run errands. I returned to have found the download making zero progress, seemingly paused, though it certainly was not. I...
  5. Microsoft Store download fails

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store download fails: Hello, i have a problem when i try to install an app from Microsoft Store it fails directly, it didnt do this before but now its not downloading, my internet is so good and i dont know how to fix it so im asking for helpthanks in advance...
  6. Microsoft Store Not Cancelling Download Properly

Microsoft Store Not Cancelling Download Properly: I saw that Age of Empires 4 was available via the Game Pass, so I decided to download the version with the 4K HDR video. I goofed up and selected my main C:/ drive as the destination, but soon realised that was wrong and tried to cancel the download so I could install the...
  7. Microsoft Store Not Cancelling Download Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Not Cancelling Download Properly: I saw that Age of Empires 4 was available via the Game Pass, so I decided to download the version with the 4K HDR video. I goofed up and selected my main C:/ drive as the destination, but soon realised that was wrong and tried to cancel the download so I could install the...
  8. Microsoft Store Not Cancelling Download Properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. CANCELING DOWNLOAD OF AN APP FROM MICROSOFT STORE

CANCELING DOWNLOAD OF AN APP FROM MICROSOFT STORE: I started download of an app from microsoft store but it was not downloading I waited half an hour then i canceled it's download by clicking on cross button X , but after few minutes download again started . Now I do not want to download it. I cancel it everyday but the...
  10. Microsoft store failed download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store failed download: So I've been trying all day to download halo wars 2, but every time I start the download it works for 2min before failing giving me this code: 0x8024001E Tried restarting pc, deleting cache and logging in and out of the acc....