Windows 10: Microsoft Store download keeps increasing

Discus and support Microsoft Store download keeps increasing in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I recently bought Forza Horizon 4 on the Microsoft Store. However it never stopped downloading, the download went way past the 64,8 GB that the game... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Martin Külvet, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Microsoft Store download keeps increasing

I recently bought Forza Horizon 4 on the Microsoft Store.

However it never stopped downloading, the download went way past the 64,8 GB that the game was supposed to be.

Microsoft Store download keeps increasing b4235410-83cc-437a-9f66-4b01dc3c59cc?upload=true.png

I've tried multiple things to fix it already like, running the troubleshooter which claimed it had fixed the problem yet the problem persisted,

I've also tried changing my computer's time, I've also tried the Windows PowerShell option a lot of people suggest which lead to no result because it couldn't locate my Windows Apps folder.

This problem hasn't happened with any other MS Store app, not even with the game's demo.

Does anyone know how I could fix this problem or is it hopeless?

:)

Martin Külvet, Nov 26, 2018

2. Store download size keeps on increasing

Since this is the case and the issue about the file size increasing is still happening. let us provide additional steps we can attempt to resolve your concern.
    You may try to run the in-built Windows Store app troubleshooter and check. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the Cortana Search Box type in Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the list.
    • On the top left corner, select on View All.
    • Click on Windows Store apps to run the troubleshooter.
    This Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter for Windows 10 will scan your computer, identify the problems and attempt to fix the issues automatically.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Microsoft Store Download size keeps increasing

Hi Simon,

Since resetting the Store and running the troubleshooter didn't help, I suggest clearing and resetting the Windows Store cache. WSReset is a built-in program present in Windows 10 which
    can be used to clear and reset Windows Store cache. This utility will clear Windows Store and app cache files. Since it deletes all cache files of Windows Store, there are chances that it'll fix your Windows Store related problems. You may follow these steps:

1. Type cmd in the search box, then select Command Prompt.
    2. Type: WSReset.exe
    3. Allow the process to complete, then restart your computer.

If the issue persists, you might have to reinstall Store. Since it's a built-in app, you will have to resort to using Windows PowerShell instead
    of the normal way of reinstalling an app. Windows PowerShell is a Windows command-line shell designed especially for system administrators.

To uninstall the app, make sure that it’s not running in the background. Then, click the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell, right-click on the best match and select Run as administrator. In the elevated PowerShell
    prompt, follow these steps:

1. Type the following command to list all default apps, and then hit Enter: Get-AppxPackage -allusers | Select Name, PackageFullName
    2. In the list of default apps, locate the Store, and then take note of its PackageFullName.
    3. To reinstall the Store, type the following command but replace the PackageFullName to the Store's PackageFullName that you took note of in step 2, and then hit Enter:

Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PackageFullName\appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode
    4. After the command has completed, restart your PC.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Aileen Alf, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Microsoft Store download keeps increasing

Store download size keeps on increasing

Hi Tony,

The issue your facing with the download size that keeps on increasing in Windows Store could be caused by several reasons. This could be related to a corrupted system file or the application data. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the question
    below:

• We would like to confirm if the same issue occurs only on a specific application being downloaded or is it happening on any that you have attempted to download?
    • Were there any recent changes made on you computer aside from the troubleshooting you have completed?
    • Were there any updates recently installed on your computer?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Store download keeps increasing

1. Microsoft Store download keeps increasing - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store download

2. Microsoft Store apps keep downloading into C: drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store apps keep downloading into C: drive: hello there, tried to install a game from microsoft store, it kept downloading it into C: drive.i tried changing the location in Settings>System>Storage>Change where new content is saved, and change "New apps will save to" option to D: drive.this didn't help,i found a...
  3. Microsoft Store apps keep downloading into C: drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store apps keep downloading into C: drive: hello there, tried to install a game from microsoft store, it kept downloading it into C: drive.i tried changing the location in Settings>System>Storage>Change where new content is saved, and change "New apps will save to" option to D: drive.this didn't help,i found a...
  4. Microsoft Store keep starting download follow application

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store keep starting download follow application: Microsoft visual C++ 2012 UWP Desktop runtimeMicrosoft visual C++ 2013 UWP Desktop runtimeMicrosoft visual C++ 2015 UWP Desktop runtimeDirectX RuntimeThe Store Keep showing it starting download above stuffs. But nothing happeningafter I dismiss those messagesthey will show up...
  5. Microsoft store keeps failing to download Facebook Messenger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store keeps failing to download Facebook Messenger: Today, the Store responds with 'TRY THAT AGAIN - Page could not be loaded' before I have even done anything in the Store. 32bitWin10ProV1909 152264
  6. Microsoft store downloads keep resetting

Microsoft store downloads keep resetting: I am trying to download Forza Horizon 4, and after leaving it overnight 3 times now, it always stops midway through. The previously downloaded part of it still takes up space, and the store downloads it from the very beginning....
  7. Microsoft Store downloads are extremely slow and keep pausing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store downloads are extremely slow and keep pausing.: Hi, I've recently purchased Forza Motorsport 7 on the Microsoft Store. I just checked my internet download speed and it is a stable 50mbps. While downloading the game on Microsoft Store, I can not get faster than 15mbps. This means the game will take over three times...
  8. MS store download keep getting increased in GOW 4.

MS store download keep getting increased in GOW 4.: i just downloaded 133.6 GB of GOW 4 content as per the original size. i did not downloaded it straight. it was about 10 small parts ( so 10 pauses over a period of 2 months time). now the notification areas state current downloaded amount is 88% and it grows so i paused it....
  9. Win10 Microsoft Store Digital game download size increases..

Win10 Microsoft Store Digital game download size increases..: I recently purchased Resident Evil 7 Biohazard and tried installing. File size is 21gb but since it reached that amount, it just keeps increasing...(photo attatched) I have checked for updates, and everything is good there.. I have ran the troubleshooter.. Nothing shows...
  10. Windows store game download size continuously increasing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows store game download size continuously increasing: Hi, i have been trying to download forza horizon 4 and the game size is 64 GB however my download has continued past that and is now 74 GB and climbing, every once in a while it says installing but then goes back to downloading. I have tried resetting the cache, using...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. forza download increasin in size

2. microsoft store keeps downloading

3. forza size keeps increasing microsoft store

4. windows store download keeps increasing,
  5. microsoft store keeps downloading after end of download,
  6. forza horizon 4 download size increasing