Windows 10: Microsoft Store Download Locations

Discus and support Microsoft Store Download Locations in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Recently I have decided to re-install ARK: Survival Evolved on my computer through the Microsoft store. However, it stopped after about 200MB/105GB... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Gooman700, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Gooman700 Win User

Microsoft Store Download Locations

Recently I have decided to re-install ARK: Survival Evolved on my computer through the Microsoft store.

However, it stopped after about 200MB/105GB because there wasn't enough space on my C: Drive.

So I went into Settings, System, Storage, Change where new content is saved. I then changed all to D: Drive.

I then attempted to re-install the game again, but it still comes up with ERROR and that I don't have enough storage.

Please help.

Yours Sincerely,

Gooman700

:)

Gooman700, Sep 21, 2020

2. Microsoft Store free apps

Hello,

Corrupted system files can cause issues when downloading applications from the Microsoft Store. However, for us to provide you the most appropriate assistance, can you provide us the exact error message that you're getting?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you reset the Microsoft Store cache and try to download applications again. Check out the steps below:

• Press Windows + R keys to open the run command box.

• Type WSReset, then try launching Microsoft Store and sign in.

• Once done, try to download applications.

We'll wait for any updates to assist you further.

Jennifer Bri, Sep 21, 2020
  3. How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads

Hi:

I do not use Edge, but here is one suggested method (it dates from Aug 2015, but I presume the steps are still valid):

How to change the default Microsoft Edge download location - gHacks Tech News

EDIT: And here is a tutorial right here in tenforums.com:
    Microsoft Edge Downloads Folder - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

HTH,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Sep 21, 2020
  4. Microsoft Store Download Locations

Downloading is Slow from Store.

Hi Mihir,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

From the description, I understand that Windows store downloads slowly.

Step 1:

I suggest you to clear Windows Store cache and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key + R.
    • Type wsreset.exe on Run window and press enter.
    • Check if issue persists.

You may try the following steps and check:

Step 2:

Try to run the sfc scan and check if the Windows store downloads faster:

Run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow
    Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Store Download Locations

1. Microsoft Store Download Locations - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Download

2. Microsoft store App download location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft store App download location: Someone please tell me why Microsoft store on windows PC is NOT allowing me to choose where I download apps to. It’s like they’re forcing me to download on my Local drive for what? So I can crash my computer and pay another few 1000$ for a replacement?They need to fix this...
  3. Microsoft store App download location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store App download location: Someone please tell me why Microsoft store on windows PC is NOT allowing me to choose where I download apps to. It’s like they’re forcing me to download on my Local drive for what? So I can crash my computer and pay another few 1000$ for a replacement?They need to fix this...
  4. Microsoft store App download location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Store downloads going to wrong location

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store downloads going to wrong location: I'm trying to install Halo: The Master Chief Collection on my Windows 10 PC. My Default drive for all new apps is set to D:\. All previously installed apps have successfully installed to that location. Halo is trying to install to C:\. C:\ is strictly for my OS and has no...
  6. Microsoft Store downloaded movies location

Microsoft Store downloaded movies location: I purchased a movie from the Microsoft Store, and downloaded it onto both of my laptops. It shows up in Movies & TV as a purchased video, but I cannot tell when I play it if I am watching the download or the online version of the movie. this concerns me because on both...
  7. Microsoft Store won't change download location

Microsoft Store won't change download location: Hello, I've been trying to download some games onto my laptop using the game pass. I have to put them onto my SD card D: drive as my system storage is mostly taken up by the OS. I've gone into settings > Storage > Change where new content is saved, and changed it to my SD...
  8. Set download location for windows store

Set download location for windows store: When i change the download location for windows store to another drive it asks if i want to delete the apps on there. I don't I have a 1TB HD with a designated folder but the only option is to set the drive. What would be deleted if i select yes? I presume the drive would be...
  9. I cannot change my download location in the microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot change my download location in the microsoft store: I am currently trying to install Ark to my D: drive because there is no more space on my C: drive. When I change the drive from the drop-down box it doesn't let me click install even though there are still 400 gigs left on the drive....
  10. Windows Store Download location

Windows Store Download location: I am trying to change the download location of the windows store downloads, I have located how to do this but I am returned with this http://prntscr.com/o793ew ,where I don't really want to delete anything from my drive is there any way around this? (the drive is my...