Windows 10: Microsoft Store Download Problem Solution Found

Discus and support Microsoft Store Download Problem Solution Found in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; So I've been having this problem on the Microsoft store which doesn't let me download literally anything. First it starts downloading, then gets stuck... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by HDBR, Feb 20, 2021.

1. HDBR Win User

Microsoft Store Download Problem Solution Found

So I've been having this problem on the Microsoft store which doesn't let me download literally anything. First it starts downloading, then gets stuck on acquiring license, and then fails to download. When I click retry, it does the same cycle over and over again. For example, I tried downloading the Xbox game bar and Xbox app and it just wont download. The Xbox game bar is in my windows start menu but when I click on it, it starts downloading again. When I hit Windows Key + G, it says "This app cannot open" then says see in store. I click that and it brings me to the same place where I hit retry. Then ofc, I get the error code 0xC0020036.

Edit: I've found the problem, the problem was that the service "ClipSVC" was turned off in the task manager.

:)

2. microsoft store problem

Hi,

A corrupted app file is one of the common reasons why you are unable to download games from Microsoft Store. To help you resolve this concern, we suggest that you follow the solution below:

Solution 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Solution 2: Clear and reset Store cache in Windows 10. This can help resolve issues with Store like unable to download apps and games. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

• Close Windows Store app, if it’s running.
    • In the Start menu search box, type WSReset (Windows Store Reset) to see Wsreset in the search results.
    • Right-click on WSReset and then click Run as administrator option. Click
      Yes button when you see the User Account Confirmation box.
    • The Store app should now automatically launch along with the Command Prompt. The Command Prompt window will automatically disappear after a couple of seconds.

Solution 3: Delete Temporary file on your device.

• Open Settings app by clicking its icon in the left-pane of the Start menu.
    • At the home page of Settings app, click on System icon.
    • Click on Storage.
    • Select This PC.
    • Under This PC scroll down and select Temporary files.
    • Under Temporary files check the boxes and click Remove files.

After performing all the solutions above, kindly restart your computer and try to download games from Microsoft Store.

Kindly notify us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Louie Del Win User
    Microsoft Store Problem

Hi,

There are times that you’ll encounter an error that the account doesn’t exist if the account name was misspelled. It can also be related to a conflict that has occurred with the Store app. To resolve this concern, we suggest that you check this
    article for the steps that you can use.

Also, here are the troubleshoot steps that you can follow to isolate if the issue is with the Store app:

• Check for
      connection problem
    • Check if you have the correct time and location settings. Go to Settings
      > Time & Language.
    • Reset Microsoft Store cache:
    • Press Windows + R keys to launch the run command box.
    • Type WSReset, then try launching Microsoft and sign in.

We're just here if you need further help.

Louie Del, Feb 20, 2021
  4. A_S00 Win User

How can I free up space taken up by an incomplete Microsoft Store download?

Found the solution. Steps I used to fix this:

1. Open the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder, which is where the Windows Store puts its downloads. The WindowsApps folder isn't permissioned to normal users, so this has to be done using some utility that's being run as administrator (either a command prompt window, or some other file manager like 7zip; h/t ManSamVampire for the 7zip suggestion). DO NOT assign ownership of the WindowsApps folder to your own user account to gain access to it, as doing so will cause major problems and can't be easily undone (h/t Ramhound's answer for this warning).
    2. Sort the subfolders inside WindowsApps by the date they were last modified; this will let you easily find the folders that have recently had new stuff put into them.
    3. In my case, the offending subfolder was called MSIXVC, which is apparently a type of installer used by the Windows Store. Inside, I had an anomalous 37GB file created last night with no file extension, called "8BBF2763-A1C6-4F1B-96CA-B79DD5FDA4EE". Given that this file was enormous, created at the right time, and in a subfolder suggesting it was an installer, I concluded that this was the droid I was looking for.
    4. From within your run-as-administrator utility, delete the offending file. I deleted the ginormous, bafflingly-named file from the MSIXVC folder, and lo and behold I had all my disk space back!

Now redownloading and installing Outer Worlds. This time I'll know better than to turn off my computer partway through.

A_S00, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft Store Download Problem Solution Found - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Download

2. Microsoft store download problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store download problems: whenever I try to download and open an app from Microsoft edge, it instead opens Microsoft store for a second, then closes it, it won't let me open the file. or do anything with it except delete it....
  3. Microsoft store download problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store download problems: whenever I try to download and open an app from Microsoft edge, it instead opens Microsoft store for a second, then closes it, it won't let me open the file. or do anything with it except delete it....
  4. Has anyone found a solution to Microsoft Store purge cache

Has anyone found a solution to Microsoft Store purge cache: So yeah uh has anyone actually figured out how to fix the Microsoft Store purge cache error because everything I found,everyvideo has not been useful.i tried wsreset,the CMD commands and etc.haven't found a solution yet.i am using windows 11...
  5. Has anyone found a solution to Microsoft Store purge cache

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has anyone found a solution to Microsoft Store purge cache: So yeah uh has anyone actually figured out how to fix the Microsoft Store purge cache error because everything I found,everyvideo has not been useful.i tried wsreset,the CMD commands and etc.haven't found a solution yet.i am using windows 11...
  6. Microsoft Store Download Problem

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Download Problem: I am trying to download HP Smart app from the MS Store. However, every time I click on Get It a login box always pops up. I enter my username and password and nothing happens/freezes....
  7. Microsoft Store Download Problem

Microsoft Store Download Problem: I am trying to download HP Smart app from the MS Store. However, every time I click on Get It a login box always pops up. I enter my username and password and nothing happens/freezes....
  8. Problem download in Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem download in Microsoft Store: i was wondering why is it not working when i try to download stuff[Original Title: downloading] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-download-in-microsoft-store/861f65de-6ffd-4544-82dd-5f592d6ac32f
  9. Problem download in Microsoft Store

Problem download in Microsoft Store: i was wondering why is it not working when i try to download stuff[Original Title: downloading] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-download-in-microsoft-store/861f65de-6ffd-4544-82dd-5f592d6ac32f
  10. Problem download in Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store