Windows 10: Microsoft store download stops and starts repeatedly

Discus and support Microsoft store download stops and starts repeatedly in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am currently in the middle of downloading Forza Horizon 4, it was gifted to me but what i am about to describe has never been a problem with gifted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by intelisbetter, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Microsoft store download stops and starts repeatedly

I am currently in the middle of downloading Forza Horizon 4, it was gifted to me but what i am about to describe has never been a problem with gifted games before, the download says downloading and it will show me the download is anywhere from 20-430mbps with 75 (the usual download speed through microsoft store for me) being the median but about every 40 seconds it will rapidly ramp down the download speed until it doesnt even say 0 it just doesnt show the speed then it will start again and ramp up to adound 300-400 mbps and very rapidly scale down to around 60-70 for another maybe 40 seconds and the process will start again, im still making progress on the download but it should have been finished a long time ago i usually download 60gb in about 30minutes max, its been over an hour now and im only just barely as im writing this hitting 30gb not trying to be a negative nelly as it will download in the next few hours im sure but im left wondering why? why is my download speed fluctuating so hard through the microsoft store? it has never done this before with large file games and ive tried pausing and completely stopping the download but that did nothing my date and time are correctly set and logging out and then back on does nothing so why? what is going on with the microsoft store download speeds this is MUCH slower than i download anything ever and my internet is running tip top right now at 250mbps steady leaving me to think the only thing it can be is the microsoft store

:)

intelisbetter, Dec 5, 2018
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Microsoft store app stops downloading

Hi,

An outdated Store app can cause issues with downloading games. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Are you using a third-party antivirus program?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you download and use the
    Windows app troubleshooter
    . This tool will automatically find and fix common app errors in Windows 10.

We'll wait for your response and the result of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Apps from the store wont download

Hi Sumon,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• Do you face this issue only with these apps?
    • Did you try downloading other apps?
    • Did you try stopping these apps and then downloading it again?
    We would suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the link

• Type troubleshooting in the search
      box
      and hit Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane and select Windows store apps.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and check.
    If the steps don't work try these steps:

Try to reset the Windows store and check.
    • Press Win + R on the keyboard to open run Window.
    • Type wsreset.exe to reset the Windows store cache.
    Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Microsoft store download stops and starts repeatedly

Windows Store

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and then try to download the applications from the Windows store.

1) Open Command Prompt with administrative privileges.

2) Type following commands one by one:

• net stop wuauserv
    • cd\windows
    • rename SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.bck
    • net start wuauserv
    For Taskbar issue try to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1) Type and Open Taskbar and start menu properties from the search box.

2) Make sure that you have unchecked the auto hide the taskbar.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft store download stops and starts repeatedly

1. Microsoft store download stops and starts repeatedly - Similar Threads - Microsoft store download

2. Microsoft Store download stuck on Starting Download

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store download stuck on Starting Download: On a new Surface Pro 8, my Microsoft Store is stuck on a download of Photos Media Engine Add-On. In the library, it shows as Starting Download and other apps are now only Pending. I cannot cancel the download. I have cleared my cache and rebooted several times. Nothing has...
  3. Microsoft Store download stuck on Starting Download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store download stuck on Starting Download: On a new Surface Pro 8, my Microsoft Store is stuck on a download of Photos Media Engine Add-On. In the library, it shows as Starting Download and other apps are now only Pending. I cannot cancel the download. I have cleared my cache and rebooted several times. Nothing has...
  4. Microsoft Store download stuck on Starting Download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Store stop downloading games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store stop downloading games: When I try to download SnowRunner from the microsoft store it download 9,3 mb and then stops and won't start to download https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-stop-downloading-games/ff313674-348c-4b83-adba-6c72cf372e17
  6. Microsoft store doesn't stop downloading

Microsoft store doesn't stop downloading: when i tried to download a game then i see its size is large i stopped the downloading to save my data but when i restarted my pc then after 1 hour i don't know it was downloading i found that the game downloaded automatically even i stopped it and my data internet was lost...
  7. Microsoft Store Download Issues Start/Stop, Can not cancel

Microsoft Store Download Issues Start/Stop, Can not cancel: I am trying to download The Outer Worlds through using my Game Pass subscription. In doing so, I discovered the download would start at my usual speeds, and rapidly tick down until the download is paused. It would repeat this process every ten minutes, making almost no...
  8. Microsoft store starting and stopping game downloads constantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store starting and stopping game downloads constantly: Downloading State of Decay 2 off the Microsoft store and the thing just stops waits like a minute, downloads a couple MBs then stops again. No other game does it, I searched the forums and tried all the suggestions I could find. In fact I have downloaded more for Forza...
  9. Microsoft store downloads stuck at "Starting download"

Microsoft store downloads stuck at "Starting download": I have tried some options that were supposed to fix this issue, however it did not work, and i still have 2 downloads stuck. If you know a way to fix this your help would be appreciated....
  10. Microsoft Store repeatedly downloading updates

Microsoft Store repeatedly downloading updates: So I've noticed that the Microsoft Store is always downloading updates for a lot of the apps. Mail, News, 3D Builder, Alarms & Clock, the Store itself ... every day it wants to download updates to about 20 items. When the updates are installed, it says they were last updated...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows store starts to download then stops

2. store downlaod repeatedly stopping

3. microsoft store progress stops

4. microsoft store download stops