Windows 10: Microsoft Store downloaded movies location

Discus and support Microsoft Store downloaded movies location in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased a movie from the Microsoft Store, and downloaded it onto both of my laptops. It shows up in Movies & TV as a purchased video, but I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MartinWalker6, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Microsoft Store downloaded movies location

I purchased a movie from the Microsoft Store, and downloaded it onto both of my laptops. It shows up in Movies & TV as a purchased video, but I cannot tell when I play it if I am watching the download or the online version of the movie. this concerns me because on both laptops the download did not appear to have completed. Does anyone know where the movie would be stored on my hard drive? I looked in the WindowsApps folder in Program Files on both laptops, but I can't seem to find it. The downloads location in Movies & TV just specifies the drive you download to, and not a folder. How can I find my downloaded movies, and if the downloads did not complete properly, how can I re-download the movie?

:)

MartinWalker6, Feb 22, 2021

2. Can't download the movie I purchased for rental.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to download rented movies offline and check if that helps.

Steps:

1. Select the movie you want to rent and click on
      rent option
    2. Login using Microsoft account.
    3. Once you have signed in, you will have two option
      to stream
      or download movies to this device to watch offline.
    4. Select download movies to this device to watch offline and click on next.
    5. After Choosing the Next option and you will be asked for the payment option.
    6. Once the payment it done, open Movies & TV application to download the movie.

You will be able to watch the movie offline from
    Movies and TV application. When you rent, the viewing period is 14 days from the time of your order or 24-48 hours from the time you start to watch (depending on the content you select), whichever comes first.

If you still facing issues downloading the movies after following the above steps. I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below, to fix issues with Microsoft store.

Steps:

1. Open store application on your pc.
      2. Click on the ellipses on right top corner of the screen.
      3. Logout and login back.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Movie not downloading from Microsoft Store on Windows 10

I purchased a movie on Microsoft Store and when trying to download in Movies & TV it goes to "Pending" and just sits there no matter how long I wait. I have tried from my account using IE, Edge, Chrome, Brave, and Opera and launching Movies & TV with the
    same result. I have tried from the Movies & TV directly - no change. I have tried the various "fixes" Microsoft and other sites suggest - all a waste of time. This is the only site I have trouble downloading videos from.

I am using Windows 10 Home ver. 1903 installed on 8/21/19, OS build 18362.295 on a Gateway NE56R laptop with a 2.1 GHz x64 CPU with 4 gigs of RAM. And yes, the laptop is in the Devices list in my Microsoft account.

Frances_Sh, Feb 22, 2021
  4. rsteene Win User

Microsoft Store downloaded movies location

Where are Files (Movies, etc) I download from Windows 10 Store actually located on my PC?

Thanks for your reply. No, nothing shows up when I type the name of the movie in the search box. The movie shows up in the Movies & TV app, but I cannot find the physical file on my system. No files have been saved to the location where my downloads normally
    go (I checked the location settings as you suggested).

Welcome any other ideas -- is it possible that Windows obscures the location of downloads of Movie and TV files from Windows Store?

Appreciate your help.

rsteene, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Store downloaded movies location

1. Microsoft Store downloaded movies location - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store downloaded

2. Microsoft store, movie download and streaming quality

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store, movie download and streaming quality: I bought all Lord of the Rings movies in 4k from the microsoft store. The streaming quality looks more like 720p and when I want to download the movies the only options I am given are SD and HD. Why cant I download these movies in 4k which I paid for? I don't really care...
  3. Microsoft store, movie download and streaming quality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store, movie download and streaming quality: I bought all Lord of the Rings movies in 4k from the microsoft store. The streaming quality looks more like 720p and when I want to download the movies the only options I am given are SD and HD. Why cant I download these movies in 4k which I paid for? I don't really care...
  4. Microsoft store, movie download and streaming quality

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Downloading movies bought in Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloading movies bought in Microsoft Store?: Can I properly download movies as an MP4 or other filetype, I bought in the Microsoft Store onto my hard drive, so I actually own a digital copy of it?...
  6. Downloading movies bought in Microsoft Store?

Downloading movies bought in Microsoft Store?: Can I properly download movies as an MP4 or other filetype, I bought in the Microsoft Store onto my hard drive, so I actually own a digital copy of it?...
  7. Downloading movies bought in Microsoft Store?

8. Microsoft store App download location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store App download location: Someone please tell me why Microsoft store on windows PC is NOT allowing me to choose where I download apps to. It’s like they’re forcing me to download on my Local drive for what? So I can crash my computer and pay another few 1000$ for a replacement?They need to fix this...
  9. Microsoft store App download location

Microsoft store App download location: Someone please tell me why Microsoft store on windows PC is NOT allowing me to choose where I download apps to. It’s like they’re forcing me to download on my Local drive for what? So I can crash my computer and pay another few 1000$ for a replacement?They need to fix this...
  10. Microsoft Store Download Locations

Microsoft Store Download Locations: Recently I have decided to re-install ARK: Survival Evolved on my computer through the Microsoft store. However, it stopped after about 200MB/105GB because there wasn't enough space on my C: Drive. So I went into Settings, System, Storage, Change where new content is saved....