Windows 10: Microsoft Store downloaded movies location

Discus and support Microsoft Store downloaded movies location in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased a movie from the Microsoft Store, and downloaded it onto both of my laptops. It shows up in Movies & TV as a purchased video, but I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MartinWalker6, Feb 22, 2021 at 7:27 PM.

1. Microsoft Store downloaded movies location

I purchased a movie from the Microsoft Store, and downloaded it onto both of my laptops. It shows up in Movies & TV as a purchased video, but I cannot tell when I play it if I am watching the download or the online version of the movie. this concerns me because on both laptops the download did not appear to have completed. Does anyone know where the movie would be stored on my hard drive? I looked in the WindowsApps folder in Program Files on both laptops, but I can't seem to find it. The downloads location in Movies & TV just specifies the drive you download to, and not a folder. How can I find my downloaded movies, and if the downloads did not complete properly, how can I re-download the movie?

:)

MartinWalker6, Feb 22, 2021 at 7:27 PM

2. Can't download the movie I purchased for rental.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to download rented movies offline and check if that helps.

Steps:

1. Select the movie you want to rent and click on
      rent option
    2. Login using Microsoft account.
    3. Once you have signed in, you will have two option
      to stream
      or download movies to this device to watch offline.
    4. Select download movies to this device to watch offline and click on next.
    5. After Choosing the Next option and you will be asked for the payment option.
    6. Once the payment it done, open Movies & TV application to download the movie.

You will be able to watch the movie offline from
    Movies and TV application. When you rent, the viewing period is 14 days from the time of your order or 24-48 hours from the time you start to watch (depending on the content you select), whichever comes first.

If you still facing issues downloading the movies after following the above steps. I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below, to fix issues with Microsoft store.

Steps:

1. Open store application on your pc.
      2. Click on the ellipses on right top corner of the screen.
      3. Logout and login back.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

3. Movie not downloading from Microsoft Store on Windows 10

I purchased a movie on Microsoft Store and when trying to download in Movies & TV it goes to "Pending" and just sits there no matter how long I wait. I have tried from my account using IE, Edge, Chrome, Brave, and Opera and launching Movies & TV with the
    same result. I have tried from the Movies & TV directly - no change. I have tried the various "fixes" Microsoft and other sites suggest - all a waste of time. This is the only site I have trouble downloading videos from.

I am using Windows 10 Home ver. 1903 installed on 8/21/19, OS build 18362.295 on a Gateway NE56R laptop with a 2.1 GHz x64 CPU with 4 gigs of RAM. And yes, the laptop is in the Devices list in my Microsoft account.

4. rsteene Win User

Microsoft Store downloaded movies location

Where are Files (Movies, etc) I download from Windows 10 Store actually located on my PC?

Thanks for your reply. No, nothing shows up when I type the name of the movie in the search box. The movie shows up in the Movies & TV app, but I cannot find the physical file on my system. No files have been saved to the location where my downloads normally
    go (I checked the location settings as you suggested).

Welcome any other ideas -- is it possible that Windows obscures the location of downloads of Movie and TV files from Windows Store?

Appreciate your help.

Thema:

Microsoft Store downloaded movies location

1. Microsoft Store downloaded movies location - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store downloaded

2. Microsoft Store Download Locations

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Download Locations: Recently I have decided to re-install ARK: Survival Evolved on my computer through the Microsoft store. However, it stopped after about 200MB/105GB because there wasn't enough space on my C: Drive. So I went into Settings, System, Storage, Change where new content is saved....
  3. Microsoft Store won't change download location

Microsoft Store won't change download location: Hello, I've been trying to download some games onto my laptop using the game pass. I have to put them onto my SD card D: drive as my system storage is mostly taken up by the OS. I've gone into settings > Storage > Change where new content is saved, and changed it to my SD...
  4. Set download location for windows store

Set download location for windows store: When i change the download location for windows store to another drive it asks if i want to delete the apps on there. I don't I have a 1TB HD with a designated folder but the only option is to set the drive. What would be deleted if i select yes? I presume the drive would be...
  5. I cannot change my download location in the microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot change my download location in the microsoft store: I am currently trying to install Ark to my D: drive because there is no more space on my C: drive. When I change the drive from the drop-down box it doesn't let me click install even though there are still 400 gigs left on the drive....
  6. Movie not downloading from Microsoft Store on Windows 10

Movie not downloading from Microsoft Store on Windows 10: I purchased a movie on Microsoft Store and when trying to download in Movies & TV it goes to "Pending" and just sits there no matter how long I wait. I have tried from my account using IE, Edge, Chrome, Brave, and Opera and launching Movies & TV with the same result. I have...
  7. Windows Store Download location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Store Download location: I am trying to change the download location of the windows store downloads, I have located how to do this but I am returned with this http://prntscr.com/o793ew ,where I don't really want to delete anything from my drive is there any way around this? (the drive is my...
  8. Microsoft store movie

Microsoft store movie: I bought a movie off the Microsoft store downloaded fine but when I click to play it it says can't play the item is missing or we can't get to it 0x80070002 its in the default folder I opened it with vlc but no video and no sound it says its playing can anyone help...
  9. Microsoft Store Rental Movie - Download - Expiration Period

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store Rental Movie - Download - Expiration Period: I rented a movie from the Microsoft Store. I chose to "not" stream it, but rather download to my Surface Pro 3 at time of rental. It downloaded fine. My question is - Does the 48 hour period to watch the movie start when I downloaded the rental OR when I watch the movie,...
  10. Can't download episode of Supergirl from Microsoft Movies & TV Store

Can't download episode of Supergirl from Microsoft Movies & TV Store: I am trying to download episodes from Season 4 of Supergirl, which I purchased on the Microsoft Movies and TV Store. I keep getting the following error message: "Couldn't download. Please try again. If the problem continues, visit https://support.microsoft.com to check for...