Windows 10: Microsoft Store Downloading Games Issue - They start then stop after a while - XBOX Game...

Discus and support Microsoft Store Downloading Games Issue - They start then stop after a while - XBOX Game... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi there, I've paid for a XBOX games pass on my brand new Windows 10 PC I've tried downloading Pillars of Eternity and Outer Worlds and both start... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by SimpleSnaps, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Microsoft Store Downloading Games Issue - They start then stop after a while - XBOX Game...

Hi there,

I've paid for a XBOX games pass on my brand new Windows 10 PC

I've tried downloading Pillars of Eternity and Outer Worlds and both start and get to a few percent and then stop with the attached error.

If I keep hitting retry it will eventually get started again but then stop. I managed to eventually get Outer Worlds completed this way but Pillars of Eternity has got to 24Gb of 30Gb and just isn't restarting again

Things I have tried already

• reinstalling the windows store using the powershell commands found in other places in this forum
    • running wsreset multiple times
    • swapping between LAN connection and WiFi both connections have the issue
    • restarting the PC
    • reinstalling the network card drivers and device via control panel device manager
    • installing the games on two different drives
    • turning on and off the firewall
    • Both the XBOX Beta App and the Windows Store have the same issue

Other notes

• The network seems to work ok, I had a LAN party here at my house yesterday using the same PC and there were no issues running any games
    • It's a brand new build with all updates done - MSI motherboard, AMD Ryzen 3600x, Windows 10 Pro

I only paid the introductory $1 but if I can't get this working I won't be signing up for the full subscription that's for sure

Microsoft Store Downloading Games Issue - They start then stop after a while - XBOX Game... 99dff8d9-5c51-46ce-a9c6-ed00992e9bc7?upload=true.png

:)

SimpleSnaps, Dec 29, 2019

2. Where are my downloaded Games?

Hi Brandon,

Games downloaded from the Microsoft Store website or through the Windows Store app are added in the Xbox app's Game list. To access this, kindly perform the following steps:

• Select the Start button, then select Xbox.
    • Sign in using the Microsoft account you've used to download the game.
    • Select My games. Games you have on that device will appear there.

If you can't see the game, it may be because the game was not automatically added on your Game list. To add it, proceed with the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Xbox.
    • Sign in using the Microsoft account you've used to download the game.
    • Select My games.
    • Select Add a game from your PC.
    • You'll see a scrollable list of all Win32 games and programs that have
      Start
      menu shortcuts. From the list, find Solitaire HD and add it to your
      My games menu so you can quickly browse for and launch the game.
    • Once you've selected your choices, select Add selected games at the bottom of the pop-up window.

Don't forget to notify us with the results. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Catherine Cus., Dec 29, 2019
  3. Downloaded a Redeemed game.

Hi HEggens,

To better help you with your concern, we recommend that you follow the steps below:

Method 1: How to find games and game content after you redeem a code online on Xbox One

• Press the Xbox button on your controller to return to the Home screen.
    • Pull the right trigger to scroll down, and then press the A button to select My games & apps.
    • Scroll right to the Ready to Install section.
    • Highlight the game you want to install, press the A button on your controller, and then select Install.
    Method 2: How to install a Game on Windows 10.

• Using your Microsoft account, sign in to the PC where you want to install your games.
    • On the Start screen, select the Store icon.
    • In the Store, select Games from the menu.
    • Browse to and select the game you want to buy or install.

If you already own the game, you can install it on your PC. Otherwise, select Install to download and install the game.

For additional information regarding Xbox Play Anywhere, we suggest that you check out this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Wilfred Mac, Dec 29, 2019
  4. Microsoft Store Downloading Games Issue - They start then stop after a while - XBOX Game...

Microsoft PC Games

Hi Tracy,

Issues with loading your games may occur if they are not updated or corrupted. To resolve your concern, you may perform the provided solutions on this

link

If the issue persists, uninstall and reinstall the Xbox App to update it manually. Then, launch the game inside the Xbox App.

• Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.  
    • Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.  
    • Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage  
    • Hit Enter.  
    • Launch Windows Store and download the Xbox App.  
    • Open the game on the Xbox App.  

If you are still experiencing the same issue, you may visit the game’s community page on this

link
    to ask questions and get additional support from the Microsoft Casual Games team.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.  

Loraine Mon, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Store Downloading Games Issue - They start then stop after a while - XBOX Game...

1. Microsoft Store Downloading Games Issue - They start then stop after a while - XBOX Game... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Downloading

2. Microsoft Store issue for Xbox GamePass games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store issue for Xbox GamePass games: I've recently purchased the game pass on my windows 11 laptop and whenever I try to open a game after downloading them it gives me an issue like this - "Gang Beasts is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again. Here’s the...
  3. Microsoft Store issue for Xbox GamePass games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store issue for Xbox GamePass games: I've recently purchased the game pass on my windows 11 laptop and whenever I try to open a game after downloading them it gives me an issue like this - "Gang Beasts is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again. Here’s the...
  4. Microsoft Store stop downloading games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store stop downloading games: When I try to download SnowRunner from the microsoft store it download 9,3 mb and then stops and won't start to download https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-stop-downloading-games/ff313674-348c-4b83-adba-6c72cf372e17
  5. Windows Games/Xbox App Stops Game Downloads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Games/Xbox App Stops Game Downloads: I don't understand what's going on, and I have tried a variety of troubleshooting methods from other forums. I've tried resetting the store, uninstalling and reinstalling the store via powershell.. and nothing works! Every time I download a game from the Windows Store or from...
  6. Unable to download certain games on Xbox App or Microsoft games store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download certain games on Xbox App or Microsoft games store: Hi there, I am trying to download No Man's Sky onto my computer via both the microsoft and xbox gaming app. I am able to download other games Sea of Theives, Moonlighter with no issue, but others such as no mans sky either do nothing when trying in microsoft app or Error...
  7. Microsoft Store and Game Downloading/Running Issue

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store and Game Downloading/Running Issue: Back in November, I ran into an issue with Sea of Thieves specifically. I played online one day, and I tried launching it again the next day, but after a few seconds it immediately closed. I looked into this issue and couldn't find a solution after searching Rares forum pages...
  8. Microsoft store starting and stopping game downloads constantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store starting and stopping game downloads constantly: Downloading State of Decay 2 off the Microsoft store and the thing just stops waits like a minute, downloads a couple MBs then stops again. No other game does it, I searched the forums and tried all the suggestions I could find. In fact I have downloaded more for Forza...
  9. Microsoft Store issues with Xbox Game Pass

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store issues with Xbox Game Pass: Hey all, I just bought the xbox game pass. I want to download some pc games but I am unable to see the Xbox Game Pass tab that is supposed to be on the left hand side of the screen. If anyone can help, that'd be great, thanks. Additional notes: I am unable to sign in with...
  10. Microsoft Store stops downloading updates/games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store stops downloading updates/games: I have 100mpbs internet, but for some reason my Microsoft store keeps downloading in the slowest speeds. It was downloading at 1kbps for 10 minutes before going up to 1 mpbs. I went to settings and increased the downloading limit but still downloads at 1kpbs, then stops for...