Windows 10: Microsoft Store downloads games much slower than my internet provides

Discus and support Microsoft Store downloads games much slower than my internet provides in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I get 50 mbps internet, its fiber, and it runs wired from the wall to my router, to my desktop. On the Microsoft Store I am downloading Sea of Thieves... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by TonyCardillo, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Microsoft Store downloads games much slower than my internet provides

I get 50 mbps internet, its fiber, and it runs wired from the wall to my router, to my desktop. On the Microsoft Store I am downloading Sea of Thieves and I am topping out at 20 mbps, normally staying around 5-6 mbps. I have no other background applications downloading anything, and on Google and Speedtest.net I am getting 50mbps up/down.

:)

TonyCardillo, Oct 30, 2018

2. microsoft Solitaire games Wont load and can't download any new games from Store

Hi Mosey,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing problem with Microsoft Store Apps and games.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• Do you receive any error message or code when you try to play the games or download games from Windows Store?
    • What happen when you try to play the Microsoft Solitaire collection games?
    • Do you face issue only while downloading games or even other apps from Windows Store?

Note: Basic information on Apps

• UAC (User Account Control) must be enabled.
    • To access the Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least
      1024 x 768.
    • To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least
      1366 x 768.
    • Make sure video card driver is updated.
    • Make sure that Date and Time in your device is correct and up-to date.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Try clearing the Store Cache:

• Press the Windows key + R keys.
    • In the Run window, type
      WSReset.exe
      and click “Ok”.
    Step 2: Also I would suggest you to run
    Windows Store Troubleshooter and check if it helps:

1. Type Troubleshooter in the
    search bar
    and click on it from the list.

2. Click on view all and select
    Windows Store Apps
    and click next.

3. Follow the onscreen instruction.

Let us know if the above methods helps to fix the Store issue. If the issue persists or you have any other issues with Windows, please do post it in Microsoft Community. We would be happy to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Microsoft Store downloads games much slower than my internet provides

Hi Tony,

Is this just Sea of Thieves, or other games as well? Can you try another game to see if the speed stays the same. If so:

Let’s run through this list to see if we can get the store functioning properly.

App troubleshooter -
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/4/F2...
    - download and run and see if it finds anything wrong with the store.

Next, let’s clear the cache - Hit the windows key + r, then type “wrreset.exe” and hit enter. This will clear the windows store cache. Let’s check the store again.

Proxy Settings - Click start and type “control panel” in there, find “internet options” - Then click on the Connections tab, then LAN settings. Make sure “use proxy server” isn’t checked off, if it is, uncheck it, and click apply.

If these don’t work, we can move forward with uninstalling/reinstalling the store manually.

Let me know!

- C

Charlie Klausen, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Microsoft Store downloads games much slower than my internet provides

Using games from the microsoft store

Based on the results you've obtained, this can be an issue with the Windows Store which affects the digital games you’ve downloaded from it. We suggest manually resetting the Windows Store cache. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
    • Type WSReset.exe and click OK.
    • The Store and a command prompt will now open with any message. The command prompt will automatically close after the Store's cache has been reset.
    Once done with the reset, kindly click this
    link
    and follow the steps on how to check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Search if there are any updates available for the affected game.

Keep us updated with the progress.

Catherine Cus., Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Store downloads games much slower than my internet provides

1. Microsoft Store downloads games much slower than my internet provides - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store downloads

2. Internet becoming slower and slower than usual

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet becoming slower and slower than usual: I notice it recently but my download and upload sleep was dropping. I notice it by playing my game and I keep lagging. I check always my adapter and network but ther seems no problem. Is there any options to check what causes this?...
  3. Internet becoming slower and slower than usual

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet becoming slower and slower than usual: I notice it recently but my download and upload sleep was dropping. I notice it by playing my game and I keep lagging. I check always my adapter and network but ther seems no problem. Is there any options to check what causes this?...
  4. Internet becoming slower and slower than usual

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. internet becoming slower and slower than usual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internet becoming slower and slower than usual: I don't know what may cause the prboelm but I notice that my download and upload speed is deopping I noticed it when I'm playing my game, however I don't know what might be the reason behind it, I always do troubleshootimg in network adapter but recently it's not working...
  6. internet becoming slower and slower than usual

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    internet becoming slower and slower than usual: I don't know what may cause the prboelm but I notice that my download and upload speed is deopping I noticed it when I'm playing my game, however I don't know what might be the reason behind it, I always do troubleshootimg in network adapter but recently it's not working...
  7. internet becoming slower and slower than usual

8. Internet slower than usual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet slower than usual: I have been facing network issues since the morning. While playing Minecraft, I'm facing a lot of lags that did not happen in the past. Confused, I ran windows network diagnostics, but it couldn't identify the problem. Then I tried troubleshooting the network adapter, didn't...
  9. My internet cannot connect or is much slower than it was before

My internet cannot connect or is much slower than it was before: I have had an issue with my internet after an update on my windows 10 PC telling me that I "connect to this network'' or when connected its very slow, I have tried practically every solution to fix it, like network reset, command prompts, update drivers, uninstall and then...
  10. Gigabit Internet Download Speed Much Slower Than Upload

Gigabit Internet Download Speed Much Slower Than Upload: Three weeks ago, I had Gigabit FIOS installed, but I have never been able to get gigabit speeds going both ways. I always get 900+ Mbps UPLOAD but never more than 300 Mbps DOWNLOAD. But, I get 900/900+ Mbps between the Router and the Server every time, *AND*, here's the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ms store suddenly slower

2. why does my microsoft store download slower than my other downloads