Windows 10: Microsoft Store downloads hang

Discus and support Microsoft Store downloads hang in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Whenever I open the Microsoft Store on my computer, it tries to download presumably updates for "Microsoft Store," "Mail and Calendar," and "Xbox... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Imaynotbehere4long, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Microsoft Store downloads hang

Whenever I open the Microsoft Store on my computer, it tries to download presumably updates for "Microsoft Store," "Mail and Calendar," and "Xbox Console Companion." All of them go through the usual process of checking files->allocating disk space->downloading, but on that last step, they just stay there with the three dots appearing and disappearing without any actual downloading, and any other Microsoft Store downloads I try to start do the same thing, even resetting to "pending" if I close and reopen the store. I tried clearing the store's cache with the wsreset.exe command, and even using a code to reregister it "& {$manifest = Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore.InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}" , but still no change.

It's not my internet because I can still go on websites just fine, and it's not my disk space because, unless they're somehow 50+GB, I should have more than enough disk space free for them. I also know that it isn't due to my impatience, because I turned on, logged into, and started a download through my Microsoft Store account on a different computer, and that one made clear, visible progress while this one still had no change. Plus, this has been happening for months, so it's not like restarting my computer will fix it.

This is what it looks like:

Microsoft Store downloads hang [​IMG]

:)

Imaynotbehere4long, Jan 10, 2020
  2. onceagain Win User

store hangs

Hi, I am new to this forum. I downloaded windows 10, the Microsoft store will not load and hangs. Suggestions on line have been windows logo key wsreset, windows logo x, command prompt sfc/scannow.
    After running wsreset the loading image does not show in Microsoft store and still hangs. PLEASE HELP.
    Sheryl

onceagain, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Microsoft Store free apps

Hello,

Corrupted system files can cause issues when downloading applications from the Microsoft Store. However, for us to provide you the most appropriate assistance, can you provide us the exact error message that you're getting?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you reset the Microsoft Store cache and try to download applications again. Check out the steps below:

• Press Windows + R keys to open the run command box.

• Type WSReset, then try launching Microsoft Store and sign in.

• Once done, try to download applications.

We'll wait for any updates to assist you further.

Jennifer Bri, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Microsoft Store downloads hang

Downloading is Slow from Store.

Hi Mihir,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

From the description, I understand that Windows store downloads slowly.

Step 1:

I suggest you to clear Windows Store cache and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key + R.
    • Type wsreset.exe on Run window and press enter.
    • Check if issue persists.

You may try the following steps and check:

Step 2:

Try to run the sfc scan and check if the Windows store downloads faster:

Run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow
    Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Store downloads hang

1. Microsoft Store downloads hang - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store downloads

2. How do I fix Microsoft Store apps downloads hanging?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix Microsoft Store apps downloads hanging?: I am currently trying to download iCloud for windows via the Windows/Microsoft App Store. My problem is that the download progresses only so far and then stops and then won't go any further.How do I fix this?...
  3. How do I fix Microsoft Store apps downloads hanging?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix Microsoft Store apps downloads hanging?: I am currently trying to download iCloud for windows via the Windows/Microsoft App Store. My problem is that the download progresses only so far and then stops and then won't go any further.How do I fix this?...
  4. Microsoft Store - Unable to download or update - hanging or crashing apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store - Unable to download or update - hanging or crashing apps: Basically, I am unable to download or update any apps within the Microsoft store. The apps just hang there until eventually crashing or just never moving. And when/if they move it is at a snail's pace.I've had this problem for a while and I can sometimes fix it. I've done the...
  5. Microsoft Store - Unable to download or update - hanging or crashing apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store - Unable to download or update - hanging or crashing apps: Basically, I am unable to download or update any apps within the Microsoft store. The apps just hang there until eventually crashing or just never moving. And when/if they move it is at a snail's pace.I've had this problem for a while and I can sometimes fix it. I've done the...
  6. Microsoft Store - Unable to download or update - hanging or crashing apps

7. Microsoft Store hanging, create user account hanging, Smartscreen hanging.. corrupt Windows?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Store hanging, create user account hanging, Smartscreen hanging.. corrupt Windows?: I got a computer from my brother that he gave up on because he ruined his video card. I swapped video card and it works great except.. This all started when I tried installing the Xbox app to play Xbox games on PC Game Pass. -The installer for this application freezes...
  8. Microsoft store apps hanging or just not updating or downloading

Microsoft store apps hanging or just not updating or downloading: Hello, Some Microsoft apps on my laptop are hanging while others are not updating. 1 app that I use that run into a problem is Game Bar. When I try to update it says, "App encountered a problem please reinstall it yo repair" When I try to open game bar nothing...
  9. Download hanging

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Download hanging: Hi...Purchased forza 7 motorsport. Received confirmation email and started the download. After around 10 seconds the progress bar stops and a "Resuming download" message appears but it just hangs. Im downloading to an external drive with plenty of space, internet speed is...
  10. store hangs

store hangs: Hi, I am new to this forum. I downloaded windows 10, the Microsoft store will not load and hangs. Suggestions on line have been windows logo key wsreset, windows logo x, command prompt sfc/scannow. After running wsreset the loading image does not show in Microsoft store and...