Windows 10: Microsoft Store Downloads & Updates So Slow

Discus and support Microsoft Store Downloads & Updates So Slow in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I was having a problem with this which I fixed, and I thought I would update a couple of threads with the fix I found but all the threads relating to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by The Big Blaa, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Microsoft Store Downloads & Updates So Slow

I was having a problem with this which I fixed, and I thought I would update a couple of threads with the fix I found but all the threads relating to this topic are LOCKED and I cannot add. Why so many LOCKED?

Anyway I simply went into the internet settings on my router and changed the DNS address. There was a crash with my Internet Providers system a few months ago and it had to do with their DNS, so the quick fix until they got it sorted was to switch to DNS 8.8.8.8 - something to do with google I think - and then my internet was working again, but I never changed it back to what it was before my IP crash.

Switch it back to previous setting (which the router came shipped with from IP ) and everything is flying now. But this DNS settings of 8.8.8.8 was only affecting Microsoft Store, been using this setting for months without any issue on anything else ( that I know of) - but when I got a new Surface Go tablet this problem showed up.

Hope it helps others.

:)

The Big Blaa, Nov 25, 2018

2. Microsoft store download speeds and windows 10 app load speeds are very slow

Hi Riel,

Reuben

ReubenFaleiro, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Microsoft Download Center Updates

Quite a few new downloads popped up today on the Microsoft Download Center. Here's a list:
    * Windows Media Center Software Development Kit
    * Windows CE 5.0 Networked Media Device Feature Pack Monthly Update (July 2007)
    * Microsoft Forefront Server Security for SharePoint 10.x Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Microsoft Server Network Load Balancing Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Microsoft Identity Integration Server 2003 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Microsoft Office Project Server 2007 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Windows Embedded CE 6.0 Monthly Update (July 2007)
    * Microsoft Forefront Server Security for Exchange 10.0 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Windows CE .NET 4.2 Platform Builder Monthly Update (July 2007)

MS Download Center

HellasVagabond, Nov 25, 2018
  4. Microsoft Store Downloads & Updates So Slow

Downloading is Slow from Store.

Hi Mihir,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

From the description, I understand that Windows store downloads slowly.

Step 1:

I suggest you to clear Windows Store cache and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key + R.
    • Type wsreset.exe on Run window and press enter.
    • Check if issue persists.

You may try the following steps and check:

Step 2:

Try to run the sfc scan and check if the Windows store downloads faster:

Run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow
    Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Store Downloads & Updates So Slow

1. Microsoft Store Downloads & Updates So Slow - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Downloads

2. Microsoft Store Download Speed Painfully Slow

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Download Speed Painfully Slow: I'm just trying to download Minecraft and i'm going on to over a week of downloading for a 1GB game. It's not my internet as I have well over 700 Mbps. Is there any reason for this?...
  3. Microsoft Store Downloads

Microsoft Store Downloads: I have a quick question. I am trying to download a 17-18 gig file from the MS Store. Every time I pause it and unpause it the download restarts from the beginning. Am I really losing all that I've downloaded each time???...
  4. Microsoft Store not downloading

Microsoft Store not downloading: I M using windows 10 ver 1809. I have issues with microsoft store. after upgrading to ver 1809 the store does not download anything. when i click to download a game or an app, the download progress bar appears, but no download happens. it seems the download will continue...
  5. Slow download speeds for Microsoft Store on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Slow download speeds for Microsoft Store on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft Store is turning to be the hub for applications for Windows 10 devices. It even serves as a source for Movies and TV, Books, buying hardware directly from Microsoft and more. While downloading is usually smooth, if you are [...] This post Slow...
  6. After update it runs so so so slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After update it runs so so so slow: Hi there, I have this laptop for 4 years now. It is an ACER Aspire E15 and I can just write what it is written on it as I do not really understand ”computers” :)) IntelCore i5-5200U Intel HD Graphics 5500 6 GB DDR3 L Memory 1000GB HDD When I bought it I just googled...
  7. Microsoft Store will not update or download apps

Microsoft Store will not update or download apps: I purchased a PC on eBay which has Windows 10 Pro x64 1803 operating system. The Microsoft store will not update any apps, or install new apps. When I try, the app seems to be downloading briefly, then gives an error message: "Something unexpected happened. Reporting this...
  8. Why Is The Microsoft Store Download Speeds So Slow?

Why Is The Microsoft Store Download Speeds So Slow?: To be clear I know for fact this issue will not be fixed. Not only have I stumbled across numerous threads of people with the same issue and customer service is pure trash simply because they don't have a fix for it. I'm simply here to complain and honestly baffled that a...
  9. Microsoft Store repeatedly downloading updates

Microsoft Store repeatedly downloading updates: So I've noticed that the Microsoft Store is always downloading updates for a lot of the apps. Mail, News, 3D Builder, Alarms & Clock, the Store itself ... every day it wants to download updates to about 20 items. When the updates are installed, it says they were last updated...
  10. Microsoft Store will not download

Microsoft Store will not download: I primarily use the store to play State Of Decay 2, and when it first came out. It downloaded updates for the game constantly and without problems. Recently, the store just does not wish to update my game at all. I go onto the store, knowing there's an update ready and click...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft store downloads slow

2. microsoft store slow updating

3. microsoft store updates slow

4. windows store downloading slow,
  5. slow downloading speed microsoft store windows 10,
  6. windows updates and store slow,
  7. microsoft store very slow downloading,
  8. microsoft store update slow,
  9. microsoft store slow download speeds.,
  10. microsoft store slow download,
  11. why is the latest eddition of microsoft windows so slow downloading apps,