Windows 10: Microsoft Store error 0x80073CFE, The package repository is corrupted

Discus and support Microsoft Store error 0x80073CFE, The package repository is corrupted in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; One of the numerous Microsoft Store error codes that you may encounter on your Windows 10 device is error code 0x80073CFE. In this post, we will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 23, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Microsoft Store error 0x80073CFE, The package repository is corrupted

One of the numerous Microsoft Store error codes that you may encounter on your Windows 10 device is error code 0x80073CFE. In this post, we will identify the cause as well as provide the most suitable solutions to resolve the issue.

Microsoft Store error 0x80073CFE, The package repository is corrupted Microsoft-Store-error-code-0x80073CFE.png

The error descriptions is as follows;

ERROR_PACKAGE_REPOSITORY_CORRUPTED

The package repository is corrupted.

There are several reasons for this issue to occur but generally, it happens if the folder referenced by the registry key below doesn’t exist or is corrupted:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\PackageRepositoryRoot

This error prevents Microsoft Store and its apps to function normally. You will not be able to update, download, install, or run the Store applications smoothly.

Microsoft Store error code 0x80073CFE

If you’re faced with this issue, you can try our recommended solutions below in no particular order and see if that helps to resolve the issue.

1. Repair or Reset Microsoft Store
    2. Run SFC scan
    3. Run DISM scan
    4. Repair Registry
    5. Perform Reset This PC, Cloud Reset or In-place Upgrade Repair.

Let’s take a look at the description of the process involved concerning each of the listed solutions.

Before you try any of the solutions provided below, as indicated on the error prompt, wait a few minutes and then restart your PC and then try again. Also, make sure you have a stable internet connection. Try hard restarting or power-cycling your internet device (router/modem) and see if that helps.

1] Reset Microsoft Store

Windows 10 now lets you easily, with a click Reset your Windows Store via Settings. Do it and see if it helps.

2] Run SFC scan

Sometimes, the presence of faulty or corrupted files prevents Store from operating properly. In which case, running SFC scan can potentially fix Microsoft Store error code 0x80073CFE.

3] Run DISM scan

A viable solution is DISM scan that can resolve component store falsification.

Fix: Windows Update Error 66A or 13EC.

4] Repair Registry

As per the error description referencing a missing or corrupt registry key, repairing the Registry could fix the issue at hand. If not, try the next solution.

5] Perform Reset This PC, Cloud Reset or In-place Upgrade Repair Windows 10

The solution here is that you can try Reset This PC, or Cloud Reset to reset every Windows component. You may also try In-place Upgrade Repair and see if that helps.

Hope this helps!

Related post: Error 0x80073cf9 while installing Apps from Windows Store.

Microsoft Store error 0x80073CFE, The package repository is corrupted Microsoft-Store-error-code-0x80073CFE.png
    This article Microsoft Store error 0x80073CFE, The package repository is corrupted first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 23, 2021

2. Windows Store Apps will not install after latest Windows Update

Hi,

Error 0x80073cfe that started after the latest Windows update may occur in Windows Store due to corrupted package repository. For us to fix this error, we suggest that you reset the Windows Store cache and try installing apps again. To reset the Windows
    Store cache, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R to open the Run window.
    • Type wsreset.exe and press Enter.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Gerard Qui, May 23, 2021
  3. SomeguySX Win User
    Microsoft store will stop downloading and throw up a 0x80073CFE error

So reimaging my computer is unavoidable?

SomeguySX, May 23, 2021
  4. Microsoft Store error 0x80073CFE, The package repository is corrupted

package repository is corrupt

no start menu, package repository is corrupt, please help

Diane PheobeMcLeod, May 23, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Store error 0x80073CFE, The package repository is corrupted

1. Microsoft Store error 0x80073CFE, The package repository is corrupted - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store error

2. 0x80073CFE Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    0x80073CFE Microsoft Store: Esse código aparece no momento que tento atualizar QUALQUER um dos aplicativos da microsoft store que eu comprei, e da esse erro, então estou literalmente sem poder atualizar nada dos jogos que comprei com a microsoft. Já tentei limpar o cache, já atualizei meu windows, já...
  3. Error code 0x80073CFE microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code 0x80073CFE microsoft store: I've been unable to update any apps for at least a week now, error code 0x80073CFE.I have tried using command prompt and running scans etc, to fix the issue but nothing has worked, the scans and health checks come back clean. I have also tried repairing and resetting the...
  4. Error code 0x80073CFE microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error code 0x80073CFE microsoft store: I've been unable to update any apps for at least a week now, error code 0x80073CFE.I have tried using command prompt and running scans etc, to fix the issue but nothing has worked, the scans and health checks come back clean. I have also tried repairing and resetting the...
  5. 0x80073CFE error on most Win 10 store apps corrupted package repository

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x80073CFE error on most Win 10 store apps corrupted package repository: I have an issue where the windows store won't download or update anything and is providing the error 0x80073CFE corrupted package repository. I have tried:Resetting the computerUpdating the computerUpdating all of the drivers for the graphics card, motherboard ectResetting...
  6. 0x80073CFE error on most Win 10 store apps corrupted package repository

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0x80073CFE error on most Win 10 store apps corrupted package repository: I have an issue where the windows store won't download or update anything and is providing the error 0x80073CFE corrupted package repository. I have tried:Resetting the computerUpdating the computerUpdating all of the drivers for the graphics card, motherboard ectResetting...
  7. 0x80073CFE error on most Win 10 store apps corrupted package repository

8. "The package repository is corrupted"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "The package repository is corrupted": Hi, I opened my pc this morning and it was working perfectly fine. Later on after doing some work I went to download a word document from an email and got this message: "The package repository is corrupted". I proceeded to attempt to open other Microsoft Office App files...
  9. Store downloads error 0x80073CFE

Store downloads error 0x80073CFE: I cannot download/update any apps from the store on this particular computer. It downloads 3.5mB and errors out with 0x80073CFE. I've done the wsreset and rebooted - error 0x80073CFE logged out of the microsoft account, clicked download to prompt login - error 0x80073CFE...
  10. error code 0x80073cfe in microsoft store

error code 0x80073cfe in microsoft store: I have been trying to install the windows version of minecraft for a while now and whenever I have tried it keeps coming up with this code.I have tried to fix it many times but none have worked.Please post some solutions....