Windows 10: Microsoft store Error code 0x00000001

Discus and support Microsoft store Error code 0x00000001 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I took advantage of the PC gamepass £1/1 month trial to try out Microsoft Flight Simulator. The plan was totry out the game for a month and get a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Andrew Tayl0r, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Microsoft store Error code 0x00000001

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]I took advantage of the PC gamepass £1/1 month trial to try out Microsoft Flight Simulator. The plan was totry out the game for a month and get a better idea if I should buy thestandard, deluxe or premium version as game pass customers get a good discount.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]Unfortunately, the xbox app startsto prepare the download then I get ‘ERROR 0%, view progress'. When I view theerror details it says Error code 0x00000001. It’s not just happeningwith Microsoft Flight Simulator, but any game that needs AdministratorApproval for Installation. Games that do not require AdministratorApproval download and play fine. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]I spent hours looking on variousforums for fixes including making sure [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]I have an administrator’s account, [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba68, 74, 88, 1]resetting theXbox app via windows settings, resetting the store app with[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba17, 17, 17, 1] wsreset, [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba68, 74, 88, 1]freshlyinstalling the store app and restarting, deleting Microsoft gameservices and reinstalling it via PowerShell[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1], setting up a local account [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba68, 74, 88, 1]and reinstalling windows 10. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]I finally gave up out of frustration and wasting a large chunk ofmy day. I changed my Microsoft account to not renew the game pass subscriptionafter it expires in 30 days. It does not seem worth keeping due to only having accessto a limited proportion of the games. Going by the internet forums there appears to bea lot of people with similar issues when trying to download games from the Microsoftstore/xbox app. [/COLOR]SinceI purchased the laptop Lenovo legion 5 a few months ago I have purchased several games fromSteam without issue. At least I only wasted £1 on game pass and not the cost of the full game. Has anybody else had a similar issue and did you find a fix?

:)

Andrew Tayl0r, Feb 1, 2021

2. Microsoft Store not working error Code: 0x80131500

Hi
    Thanks for suggestions
    I had tried all except re registering MSoft Store , but that unfortunately did not work .

Very intermittently use SurfEasy VPN, but last time used pre dated this build & problem by some time.

Have built pc systems /rebuilt windows op system literally100's times over 25 years for myself and others, and troubleshooted most known problems but this looks like a reinstall.
    Not listed in Microsoft web notice as ongoing issue involving current build.

Only had Store problem once before since it was introduced years ago, and that was easily resolved !

Tweakfiend, Feb 1, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Microsoft Store not working error Code: 0x80131500

Hi, you could of course try
    Run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter in Windows 10
    and then
    Re-register Microsoft Store app in Windows 10

You say you've tried this:
    Fix: Windows Store Error Code 0x80131500 - Appuals.com

Are you using a VPN?

You could try
    Flush DNS Resolver Cache in Windows 10

This suggests the problem (amongst other things) could be related to services. Have you modified or disabled any? Worth checking.
    Fix: Windows Store Error Code 0x80131500 - Appuals.com

(Tweaking.com's free repair tool has a useful option to reset services to default).

dalchina, Feb 1, 2021
  4. Microsoft store Error code 0x00000001

Error code 0x80070005 with Microsoft Store

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties that you are unable to install Python 3.8 through the Microsoft store and getting the error 0x80070005. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to
    the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed? (Type winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Are you able to install other apps from Microsoft Store?
    • What is the date and time on the PC and ensure it is correct?
    • Are you logged in to the PC as Standard/Administrator user account?
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft Antivirus/security program installed?

Let us try a few steps and check.

Step 1: Fix the permissions of the Packages folder

1. Open File Explorer and navigate to this location:
      C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local
    2. Now in the Local folder, locate the Packages
      folder.
    3. Right click on Packages and select
      Properties.
    4. Click the Security Tab, then click
      Advanced button and ensure that all the users listed have full control.

Step 2: Reinstall Windows 10 Store app using PowerShell

1. Press Windows + X key and select Windows PowerShell (Admin)
    2. Copy and paste this command, and then press Enter:
      Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.WindowsStore | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    3. Once the process complete, restart the PC and check

Step 3: New User Administrator Account

If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to
    create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Also, refer the suggestion by Bix2017 on December 03, 2019 in this

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft store Error code 0x00000001

1. Microsoft store Error code 0x00000001 - Similar Threads - Microsoft store Error

2. Error code 0x00000001

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code 0x00000001: so, i recently moved to PC gaming, and I'm trying to get a game or two downloaded. all is fine, until I get an error code 0x00000001. I follow the instructions to fix it, I follow tutorials, Xbox instructions, things like that, and I can't get anything to work. it's been...
  3. Error code 0x00000001

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error code 0x00000001: so, i recently moved to PC gaming, and I'm trying to get a game or two downloaded. all is fine, until I get an error code 0x00000001. I follow the instructions to fix it, I follow tutorials, Xbox instructions, things like that, and I can't get anything to work. it's been...
  4. Error code 0x00000001 on PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error code 0x00000001 on PC: Hi, I'm getting 0x00000001 error code when I try to download an administrator-required game on Xbox App for PC. My account has administrator privileges and my Windows is up to date.I already tried everything I found on Xbox Support.Thank you for your time...
  5. Error 0x00000001

Error 0x00000001: Trying to download anything from the Microsoft Store/Xbox App that's on Game Pass, even if I own it, results in error 0x00000001. So far I've tried using Settings to repair and reset Gaming Services, using powershell to uninstall and reinstall Gaming Services, and going into...
  6. 0x00000001 error

0x00000001 error: hey since yesterday I try to download any game from the Xbox app and it simply doesn't work. Yes a already try all the tings to make the app work and download the game I already did repair and reset the app. I already checked for new windows update i have the Windows 10,...
  7. Error code 0x00000001/Automatic startup repair on Restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error code 0x00000001/Automatic startup repair on Restart: At first I got the "Diagnosing your PC" and the "Automatic startup repair" screen whenever I restart my computer, followed by "Failing to startup my PC". This only happens when I want to RESTART my computer, not when I shutdown and boot it up again. Luckily restarting my...
  8. microsoft store code error

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft store code error: how to get a new code https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-code-error/9d21908d-52e3-475d-8418-e69c8e0b37d8
  9. Ultimate Game Pass Error 0x00000001

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ultimate Game Pass Error 0x00000001: I decided to try the Xbox PC Ultimate Game Pass. On my PC, Windows 10 on an HP Omen gaming laptop. 16 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 GB SSD M.2 drive, 1 TB HD, Nvidoa GTX 1060. I installed the gaming app. I tried to download a few games, but all I get is an Error 0x00000001. I do not...
  10. Code: 0x00000001 whenever I attempt to play Graphically-intensive MSFT Store games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Code: 0x00000001 whenever I attempt to play Graphically-intensive MSFT Store games: [IMG] . At random intervals when playing games downloaded from the Microsoft Store, I receive the error '0x00000001' in a pop-up box with the header 'Fatal error'. This usually appears when playing World Of Tanks Blitz, as it's the only vaguely graphically-intensive game...