Windows 10: Microsoft Store for Windows 10 is getting subscription and Timeline features

Discus and support Microsoft Store for Windows 10 is getting subscription and Timeline features in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has been trying to make the Microsoft Store (formerly known as Windows Store) the one destination for everything the users need on Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 29, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft Store for Windows 10 is getting subscription and Timeline features

Microsoft has been trying to make the Microsoft Store (formerly known as Windows Store) the one destination for everything the users need on Windows 10. You can get apps, games, books, music, extensions, themes, fonts and even buy subscriptions from the Microsoft Store.

Microsoft Store yesterday received support for the highly anticipated Timeline feature on Windows 10. It looks like Microsoft Store is also getting the subscription feature that lets you manage the Xbox and EA Access memberships.

The services like Xbox offer subscription-based access to their content. For example, Microsoft is selling Xbox Music Pass to the users via the Store and unlike app purchases, the subscriptions are supposed to be renewed every once in a while.

The subscriptions in Microsoft Store can be accessed from the downloads and updates page. On your PC, open Microsoft Store and make sure it’s up-to-date. Tap on three dots button and access the download or updates page. On the left-side pane, you’ll notice three new options – Xbox Game Pass, Xbox Live Gold and EA Access. All these three options will help you manage those subscriptions.

Microsoft Store for Windows 10 is getting subscription and Timeline features Microsoft-Store-subscriptions-feature.jpg

The subscription feature is still in early days of development and it does not support other apps or services. It’s important to know that Microsoft Store is picking up the subscription option in select region and devices only. It’s also showing up on non-Insider machines.

Timeline support is also live

A while ago, Microsoft announced that it wants the Timeline feature to support the majority of apps. Since then, Microsoft has updated most of the first party apps to support Timeline.

As noted yesterday, Microsoft Store has been updated to version 11809.1001.4.0 with support for the Timeline.

Microsoft Store for Windows 10 is getting subscription and Timeline features Task-View-Taskbar.jpg

For those unfamiliar, Windows 10 Timeline is a useful feature that allows users to create snapshots of their activity. You can open the task view from the taskbar and restore the app activity at any point within the next 30 days.

Timeline works with Edge browser, Notepad, Paint and even Google Chrome via a third-party app. The Timeline for Microsoft Store is also useful as it saves not only Store as an activity, but also the apps and games pages accessed within the Store, basically allowing users to restore the activity on a Windows 10 device.

The post Microsoft Store for Windows 10 is getting subscription and Timeline features appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 29, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Sep 29, 2018
  3. Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-40714395

dorsetknob, Sep 29, 2018
  4. Microsoft Store for Windows 10 is getting subscription and Timeline features

Timeline Activity not showing up

The timeline activity just won't show up on the timeline window. I always get "Use your PC more for activities."

I have enabled the settings required for timeline in Privacy > Activity History:

Let Windows collect my activities

Let Windows Sync my activities

Show activities from accounts

I also tried using regedit to add these variables in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System

• EnableActivityFeed
    • PublishUserActivities
    • UploadUserActivities
    All the variables are set to 1, and are DWORD values. (as stated in this article http://www.thewindowsclub.com/timeline-feature-not-working-windows), to no effect.

Any more troubleshooting steps I can go through?

HiranmayaGundu, Sep 29, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Store for Windows 10 is getting subscription and Timeline features

1. Microsoft Store for Windows 10 is getting subscription and Timeline features - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store getting

2. Taskbar Features Timeline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Features Timeline: So firstly let me say that I love the new Windows 11 aesthetic. It looks fantastic. That being said, why have so many features been removed from taskbar customization and is there a timeline for when they will return? Biggest one so far me is button grouping. Why is there no...
  3. Windows 10: Microsoft will restrict Timeline feature for everyone in July

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Microsoft will restrict Timeline feature for everyone in July: In April of this year, Microsoft revealed that users in Windows 10 preview builds won’t be able to upload new activity in Timeline if they sync their activities across devices. In the preview builds, Microsoft has already disabled support for Windows Timeline activity...
  4. windows 10 Timeline feature

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 Timeline feature: The Windows Timeline feature seems to be fractured someway on my Laptop. It displays a record only a daily Daily mail icon which i browse but no other activities. I have checked the Privacy settings and everything is as it should be All the updates are loaded and...
  5. Microsoft is reportedly bringing Windows 10 Timeline feature to web

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is reportedly bringing Windows 10 Timeline feature to web: Microsoft is working on bringing Windows 10 Timeline feature to the web. Windows 10 Timeline coming to the web means that users will be able to access the Timeline activities from Microsoft’s website. Microsoft introduced Timeline with Windows 10 April 2018 Update or Windows...
  6. Microsoft Launcher gets the Timeline feature and it syncs with Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Launcher gets the Timeline feature and it syncs with Windows 10: The wait is finally over. Microsoft today released a new update for Microsoft Launcher on Android that adds support for the highly-anticipated Timeline feature. You will now see the Windows 10 activities on your Android’s phone timeline screen and you can tap on any item to...
  7. Microsoft Store for Windows 10 is getting Timeline support for Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Store for Windows 10 is getting Timeline support for Insiders: Microsoft Store is getting a new update for Windows 10 that appears to be rolling out to the Insiders at the moment. The Windows Insiders in the Fast Ring and Release Preview Ring should be getting Microsoft Store version 11809.1001.4.0 or newer with support for Windows 10...
  8. Microsoft Store for Windows 10 getting Timeline support for Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Store for Windows 10 getting Timeline support for Insiders: Microsoft Store is getting a new update for Windows 10 that appears to be rolling out to the Insiders at the moment. The Windows Insiders in the Fast Ring and Release Preview Ring should be getting Microsoft Store version 11809.1001.4.0 or newer with support for Windows 10...
  9. Windows Timeline feature

Windows Timeline feature: [ATTACH] not able to see previous apps on the new timeline feature only current apps are being shown. I have synced my Email id too through privacy settings...
  10. Windows 10 TimeLine Feature is not working

Windows 10 TimeLine Feature is not working: How do I enable Activities History so I can use the TimeLine Feature?. I researched this and the advice is: Go to Settings / Privacy and Enable Activities History I am not seeing Activities History anywhere on my Windows 10 Settings Panel You can see a screen...