Windows 10: Microsoft store - Forza Horizon 4 - doesn't launch - Tried everything!!

Discus and support Microsoft store - Forza Horizon 4 - doesn't launch - Tried everything!! in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello Community, I bought Forza Horizon standard edition 3 months ago and to this weekend everything worked fine. On friday 29/11/2019 I bought... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by PavelKraus2, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Microsoft store - Forza Horizon 4 - doesn't launch - Tried everything!!

Hello Community,

I bought Forza Horizon standard edition 3 months ago and to this weekend everything worked fine. On friday 29/11/2019 I bought "Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Add-Ons Bundle" and installed it. After succesful instalation I tried to launch the game, It looked like the game was launching but after few second it crashed without any error. Tried this many times, always same result.

So what I did, I searched the internets and found out, that a thousands of people have same issue (some of them even 1 year ago - which makes me feel like there is a huge issue with this)

I found a lot of guides how to fix this. So I tried basically everything - >

1) https://www.reddit.com/r/forza/comments/amvq4l/forza_horizon_4_crashing_on_startup_pc/ - done everything

2) https://support.forzamotorsport.net...My-Game-is-Not-Launching-or-is-Crashing-on-PC - done everything

3) https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/360007594514-Microsoft-Store-Troubleshooting - done everything

As you can see I tried everything and the game still doesn't work (Still the same issue - launching and crashing without any error). I also tried to reinstall the game (3 times 120 GB!). I killed basically whole weekend on this. So my question is, can you help me solve this problem? If no, can you tell me, how to refund this useless application? Microsoft store - Forza Horizon 4 - doesn't launch - Tried everything!! :)

Ps: after last re-installing I dont even see "Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Add-Ons Bundle" in my store as a purchased...

Thank you

At the end report from windows event viewer:

Faulting application name: ForzaHorizon4.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5dcc7e88

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000001a75c6460

Faulting process id: 0x4864

Faulting application start time: 0x01d5a648415de344

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.367.746.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon4.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report Id: 263dd17d-f658-495c-b397-9ced16146819

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.367.746.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Faulting package-relative application ID: SunriseReleaseFinal

:)

PavelKraus2, Dec 3, 2019

2. Forza Horizon 4 - Crashing on Startup, doesn´t run

Hi Vit

Have you tried lowering your screen resolution to see if the game launches?

How much free space do you have on the drive?

Could you confirm if this also happens in the default Administrator account?

Open Start

Type: cmd

Right click CMD

Click Run as administrator

At the command prompt, type:

net user administrator/active:yes

Hit Enter

Close command prompt, restart, then try signing into the Administrator account.

Do you have the latest cumulative updates for Windows 10 1809 installed?

Open Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features

Scroll down to Forza Horizon 4

Select it

Click Advanced options

Click Reset

Restart

Check the Store for updates

If that does not work...

download the following utility and use it to remove Forza Horizon 4:

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcen...

Download and reinstall Forza Horizon 4 - Microsoft Store

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/forza-horizon...

I am going to admit, you are not the first to report of issues with installing Forza Horizon series of games on Windows 10. There doesn't seem to be a documented solution of what works and doesn't work. I have recommended to users to downgrade to an older release
    such as Windows 10 1703 and they report it works.

See example case:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Here is something else you can try:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Andre for Directly, Dec 3, 2019
  3. Forza Horizon 4 - Crashing on Startup, doesn´t run

Hi, I bought the game on 3.10.2018. Everything ran well, but one week ago, after a windows update (I´m running Windows 10) and after weekend I wanted to play Forza Horizon 4 and
    the game doesn´t starts. I have only the first loading screen (With McLaren Senna picture) and after a second the loading screen disappears.

I have tried to reinstall the game, and I don´t use any overclocking programs (no MSI Afterburner, RivaTuner...)

Thanks for any help.

Vít Řípa, Dec 3, 2019
  4. Microsoft store - Forza Horizon 4 - doesn't launch - Tried everything!!

Problem with Forza Horizon 4

Hi Hope

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Have you tried lowering your screen resolution to see if the game launches?

How much free space do you have on the drive?

Could you confirm if this also happens in the default Administrator account?

Open Start

Type: cmd

Right click CMD

Click Run as administrator

At the command prompt, type:

net user administrator/active:yes

Hit Enter

Close command prompt, restart, then try signing into the Administrator account.

Do you have the latest cumulative updates for Windows 10 1803 installed?

Open Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features

Scroll down to Forza Horizon 4

Select it

Click Advanced options

Click Reset

Restart

Check the Store for updates

If that does not work...

download the following utility and use it to remove Forza Horizon 4, extract it, launch it, scroll through the list, select Forza 4 then click Remove.

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcen...

Reinstall it Forza Horizon 4 - Microsoft Store

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/forza-horizon...

Andre for Directly, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft store - Forza Horizon 4 - doesn't launch - Tried everything!!

1. Microsoft store - Forza Horizon 4 - doesn't launch - Tried everything!! - Similar Threads - Microsoft store Forza

2. Forza Horizon 4 Crashes On Launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 Crashes On Launch: Hey everyone, Forza Horizon 4 crashes on launch, I have tried going through all of the fixing steps online. Nothing works. This issue started to happen again after the recent Window update. I also just reinstalled my Window 10 Pro and it seems that the game still crashes. I...
  3. Forza Horizon 4 not installing or launching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forza Horizon 4 not installing or launching: So I switched PCs and therefore had to reinstall Forza Horizon 4 standard edition once again from the Microsoft store. The download worked well the first time, then I try to launch it, and it stays on the loading screen for about 5 minutes and then closes. So I uninstalled it...
  4. FORZA HORIZON 4 NOT LAUNCHING

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    FORZA HORIZON 4 NOT LAUNCHING: Hello so i just got forza horizon 4 on pc windows 10 1909 on the microsoft store when i launch it it loads a photo and just closes can you help :c[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forza-horizon-4-not-launching/012bf6b1-75c7-44ef-8118-c5cf980cc942
  5. Forza Horizon 4, not launching, after trying everything..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4, not launching, after trying everything..: I had the game bought, the standard edition, and it worked all fine, but i bought like 1 day ago, the ultimate add-ons bundle, and the game does not want to start anymore. I tried all the actions, i could find as a "solution" for others, but for me nothing would work. And, if...
  6. Forza Horizon 4 won't launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 won't launch: I've tried closing all apps like CAM, uninstalled MSI Afterburner and RTSS. The game just won't launch at all. The splash screen stays for 3-4 minutes and then just closes. I reinstalled the game 3 times, reset it. Used microsoft troubleshoot for windows store apps. None of...
  7. Forza Horizon 4 not launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 not launching: Forza Horizon 4 is not launching. I have tried 3 reinstalls, resetting it, deleting MSI Afterburner and Riva Tuner and also deleting my (avast) antivirus. I am up to date on windows 10 and on all my drivers. I have also tried downloading free apps and running the microsoft...
  8. Forza horizon 4 -microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forza horizon 4 -microsoft store: Hi all, I recently purchased forza horizon 4 via the windows 10 microsoft store app. After paying a note came up stating that some users had to close the store app and click the buy button once more for the game to appear in your account. I did this but the game is nowhere...
  9. Forza Horizon 4 will not launch past initial launch window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 will not launch past initial launch window: I purchased forza horizon 4 ultimate edition yesterday on the 28th and after I installed it I noticed that the car pass had not installed. So when I went to install it, it gave me errors and said that something unexpected happened. So when it finally installed the launch...
  10. Forza horizon 4 Microsoft store bug?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza horizon 4 Microsoft store bug?: Alright so i pre-ordered forza horizon 4 ultimate edition and the purchase went through just fine no problem and i was playing it just today but now i try to play and its telling me i got a refund (i didnt) i go to my payment settings it says declined but it was fine just...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Forza horizon 4 not launching on 1809 win 10