Windows 10: Microsoft store freezes then crashes whenever I try to install anything.

Discus and support Microsoft store freezes then crashes whenever I try to install anything. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever I try to download something from the Microsoft store, it crashes. I've tried using the diagnostic thing, and I've tried resetting it in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SongsMyFav, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Microsoft store freezes then crashes whenever I try to install anything.

Whenever I try to download something from the Microsoft store, it crashes. I've tried using the diagnostic thing, and I've tried resetting it in the settings page, and I've tried deleting the cache, nothing has worked. Does anybody know any other solutions?

submitted by /u/SongsMyFav
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SongsMyFav, Sep 28, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 28, 2020
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Sep 28, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Microsoft store freezes then crashes whenever I try to install anything.

Microsoft Store Games Crash When Installed On SSD

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to help you further:

• Have you installed Windows in SSD or in HDD?
    • How are you moving the applications to SSD?
    • What is the error code/message you get when the computer crashes?

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps in the article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Storeand see
    if that helps in resolving the issue.

You can also, download the Chipset and Storage drivers from the manufacturer website of the motherboard and update them.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft store freezes then crashes whenever I try to install anything.

1. Microsoft store freezes then crashes whenever I try to install anything. - Similar Threads - Microsoft store freezes

2. Microsoft Store not installing anything.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store not installing anything.: My Microsoft store is not installing anything. It either tells me that I already own the app, or starts downloading but the progress bar does not move at all. I have tried all the solutions listed in this post:...
  3. Microsoft Store freezing when trying to install games

Microsoft Store freezing when trying to install games: Hello, for some reason the microsoft store on my computer started freezing whenever I try to install a game. At first I was just trying to update Sea of Thieves and when I tried to open the downloads and updates tab I'd get stuck with a loading screen. Then I decided to just...
  4. Microsoft Store not installing properly and closing immediately whenever I try to open it

Microsoft Store not installing properly and closing immediately whenever I try to open it: I've reset my PC completely and tried doing the repair upgrade, and the Microsoft Store is still corrupted and the troubleshooter detects no issues. I've tried using wsreset.exe but I get this error [ATTACH] Also tried removing and re-installing via Powershell and that...
  5. Microsoft Store not downloading/Installing anything.

Microsoft Store not downloading/Installing anything.: I have tried literally everything, I click install the button disappears and after a minute to 3 minutes it says "something went wrong on our end, please try again later". I have: -Fully updated windows, and drivers. -Sync'd Region and clock areas. -Ran Wsreset from...
  6. Microsoft store will not install anything.

Microsoft store will not install anything.: My Microsoft store was working fine until yesterday and since then I have not been able to download anything or install anything from the Microsoft Store. I have created another user account on the PC and on this one the store works correctly as it should do. I have no idea...
  7. I cannot download things from anything other than the Microsoft store. whenever I try to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cannot download things from anything other than the Microsoft store. whenever I try to...: I have looked through settings and not found anything. can someone please tell me where I can turn this off?[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-download-things-from-anything-other-than/a754551a-bfe2-46e2-b9b8-3cd69144e6f8
  8. Microsoft Store Not Installing Anything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Store Not Installing Anything: My PC is on the latest OS updates and I own the game pass for the Microsoft store, despite the games having the play anywhere feature, they fail to download/install whenever i try to. Gives the message "Couldn't Install, We'll try again shortly" repeatedly until I cancel the...
  9. Application Not Found Whenever I try to open anything

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Application Not Found Whenever I try to open anything: So my computer has been fine up until last night. I was trying to open my discord app when I first got an error message saying 'No Such Interface Supported'. Well i tried looking up some possible ways to fix this but it seems i might have made it worse I'm not sure. I have...
  10. Crashing whenever downloading anything

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Crashing whenever downloading anything: Hello everyone, I am in need of quite a bit of help. Yesterday my computer starting acting real weird in a way that it kept on causing crashes whenever I finished downloading anything, from a new app to a game on Steam. I do not know what is causing this as well, but it...