Windows 10: Microsoft store freezes when downloading a game

Discus and support Microsoft store freezes when downloading a game in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; It also says my game is already downloaded as seen but I don't see it anywhere else and I can't uninstall it. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Jeremy7073, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Microsoft store freezes when downloading a game

It also says my game is already downloaded as seen but I don't see it anywhere else and I can't uninstall it.

Microsoft store freezes when downloading a game 88b786ef-d603-4747-bf59-7236674448d2?upload=true.png

:)

Jeremy7073, Apr 21, 2020

2. microsoft Solitaire games Wont load and can't download any new games from Store

Hi Mosey,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing problem with Microsoft Store Apps and games.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• Do you receive any error message or code when you try to play the games or download games from Windows Store?
    • What happen when you try to play the Microsoft Solitaire collection games?
    • Do you face issue only while downloading games or even other apps from Windows Store?

Note: Basic information on Apps

• UAC (User Account Control) must be enabled.
    • To access the Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least
      1024 x 768.
    • To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least
      1366 x 768.
    • Make sure video card driver is updated.
    • Make sure that Date and Time in your device is correct and up-to date.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Try clearing the Store Cache:

• Press the Windows key + R keys.
    • In the Run window, type
      WSReset.exe
      and click “Ok”.
    Step 2: Also I would suggest you to run
    Windows Store Troubleshooter and check if it helps:

1. Type Troubleshooter in the
    search bar
    and click on it from the list.

2. Click on view all and select
    Windows Store Apps
    and click next.

3. Follow the onscreen instruction.

Let us know if the above methods helps to fix the Store issue. If the issue persists or you have any other issues with Windows, please do post it in Microsoft Community. We would be happy to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Using games from the microsoft store

Based on the results you've obtained, this can be an issue with the Windows Store which affects the digital games you’ve downloaded from it. We suggest manually resetting the Windows Store cache. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
    • Type WSReset.exe and click OK.
    • The Store and a command prompt will now open with any message. The command prompt will automatically close after the Store's cache has been reset.
    Once done with the reset, kindly click this
    link
    and follow the steps on how to check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Search if there are any updates available for the affected game.

Keep us updated with the progress.

Catherine Cus., Apr 21, 2020
  4. Gino Des Win User

Microsoft store freezes when downloading a game

can't download games from store

Hi Krishna,

You might be experiencing this issue because of a connectivity issue or the Microsoft Store cache is corrupted. In order to diagnose the problem, we suggest that you try the following methods:

Method 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This troubleshooter fixes problems that may prevent apps and games from downloading and installing correctly. To run the troubleshooter, kindly refer to the following article:

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Method 2: Manually reset the Windows Store app cache then try to download games again. To manually reset, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Command Prompt, and right-click Command Prompt
      from the results.
    • Click Run as administrator.
    • Type wsreset, and press Enter.

We also recommend that you download and install any pending updates that need to be installed on the computer through

Windows Update
    and check if it helps resolve the issue.

If the issue persists, kindly send us a reply with the following information so we can further pinpoint the cause of this issue:

• Do you only experience this issue when downloading a specific game from Microsoft Store? If yes, what is the name of the specific game you are trying to download?
    • Have you tried downloading the game by accessing
      Microsoft Store using your web browser
      ?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Let us know how it goes so we can assist you further.

Gino Des, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft store freezes when downloading a game

1. Microsoft store freezes when downloading a game - Similar Threads - Microsoft store freezes

2. error when downloading game from microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error when downloading game from microsoft store: when installing minecraft get error code 0x8D053CF3 and when installing roblox get error code 0x80248014 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-when-downloading-game-from-microsoft-store/6bf54b0f-7997-40f4-8067-246985b26eb8
  3. Error in the Microsoft Store when trying to download a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error in the Microsoft Store when trying to download a game.: I am getting error 0x80070005 while downloading Armory Crate, I need help because it is a must to download Armory Crate on this laptop. I already tried various methods such as: sfc scan, reboot in mscservice the Microsoft Store, clean boot even when logging out and logging...
  4. Error in the Microsoft Store when trying to download a game.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error in the Microsoft Store when trying to download a game.: I am getting error 0x80070005 while downloading Armory Crate, I need help because it is a must to download Armory Crate on this laptop. I already tried various methods such as: sfc scan, reboot in mscservice the Microsoft Store, clean boot even when logging out and logging...
  5. Error in the Microsoft Store when trying to download a game.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  6. Microsoft Store freezing when trying to install games

Microsoft Store freezing when trying to install games: Hello, for some reason the microsoft store on my computer started freezing whenever I try to install a game. At first I was just trying to update Sea of Thieves and when I tried to open the downloads and updates tab I'd get stuck with a loading screen. Then I decided to just...
  7. Microsoft Store freezes when installing a game

Microsoft Store freezes when installing a game: My Microsoft Store freezes every time I try to install a game. When I go into my library, and click on Install for a game that I own (this happens for every game), the whole app freezes and nothing works, I have to close and reopen it. At the moment I am unable to install /...
  8. Microsoft Store stopping downloads when playing games

Microsoft Store stopping downloads when playing games: Hello i am trying to download a game at the moment using the microsoftstore. The game is massive 133GB so understandably i wanna play some games to pass the time. However whenever i boot any gaming apps up from steam even offline game i get an error message with this code....
  9. Microsoft store game downloads

Microsoft store game downloads: I can't seem to get any game to download from Microsoft store and even my Microsoft Solitaire Collection, which was already installed will not run correctly or not even load. Get no message, just when I try clicking on download, nothing happens at all. Help please as this is...
  10. Microsoft store game download

Microsoft store game download: Do anybody have the same problem??, i have a problem with download in microsoft store.. i download sea of thieves last night on my pc, and i saw it will take 47 gb storage, but when i wake up this morning, i see that my download is already 87.65 gb out of 87.65gb .. how can i...