Windows 10: Microsoft Store freezes when installing a game

Discus and support Microsoft Store freezes when installing a game in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; My Microsoft Store freezes every time I try to install a game. When I go into my library, and click on Install for a game that I own (this happens for... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by thibautgontier, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Microsoft Store freezes when installing a game

My Microsoft Store freezes every time I try to install a game. When I go into my library, and click on Install for a game that I own (this happens for every game), the whole app freezes and nothing works, I have to close and reopen it.

At the moment I am unable to install / download anything because the store just stops working no matter what I try.

I have checked for updates, I have run wsreset as an admin, and I have restarted my computer countless times, so I'm running out of ideas.

I am running windows 10

Any help is appreciated

:)

thibautgontier, Aug 22, 2019

2. Trying to install games from Microsoft Store on Windows 10

Thanks for the suggestions. I've tried each of these, with no results. I would also like to note that on the Microsoft Store app, in my library, the game is listed, however, no option to install it is given.

TheSauce05, Aug 22, 2019
  3. Install Microsoft Store Game In Specific Folder

Hi,

I understand that you want to organize your Windows 10 storage location. However, the feature you're looking for is currently not possible. We suggest sending feedback to Microsoft using Feedback Hub app. You can visit this
    article to know more details about it.

Moreover, you could always choose a preferred location from the Store settings, or move installed content to a different drive. In case you have the OS installed on an SSD and have a dedicated drive for games, the feature will make it more convenient to
    download games to a dedicated drive before initiating the download.

You can follow the steps below on how to install Windows Store apps on a separate drive:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Click on System.
    3. Click on Storage.
    4. Under "Save locations," and on "New apps will save to," select the new drive location.

Once you completed the steps, new apps you download from the Windows Store will now install automatically in the new location.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Michelle Vil, Aug 22, 2019
  4. Microsoft Store freezes when installing a game

microsoft ultimate word games

Hi Wayne,

A corrupted profile is one of the common reasons why Microsoft Ultimate Word Games freezes or not working. To help you resolve this concern, I recommend that you perform the steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Kindly click the link below to proceed:

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 4: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps and features.
    4. Find the game and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

For additional troubleshooting steps you may perform the troubleshooting steps provided on the link below:

Game Freezes or stops responding on Windows 10 device

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Store freezes when installing a game

1. Microsoft Store freezes when installing a game - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store freezes

2. Microsoft Store Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Games: I downloaded several pc games from my xbox game pass which I no longer have. I decided to uninstall them, and I did, but didn-t see any change on my drive memory capacity, which means, they were not removed at all. I can-t find them anymore on the microsoft store library...
  3. Windows Store Freezing when pressing Install

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store Freezing when pressing Install: Trying to install Forza Horizon 4 Lego DLC. Ive purchased it and it when I press Install on the screen it sits it freezes and after sitting there for a while just closes....
  4. Cannot install a game from Microsoft Store

Cannot install a game from Microsoft Store: Hello Microsoft Community, I'm very sorry to bother all of you, however, I believe there is nothing I can do now apart from asking real people for help. I've recently picked up the Xbox Game Pass via the promotion: $1 for 3 months and was very excited to play Sea of Thieves...
  5. Microsoft Store Games Crash When Installed On SSD

Microsoft Store Games Crash When Installed On SSD: Hi! Thanks for reading. When I install any Microsoft Store game on my SSD the games crash. I've tried Sea Of Thieves and Forza Horizon 4. Both go to a black screen and shut down. Other games (Origin, Steam, etc work all the time). Besides that, when i download them on...
  6. microsoft store games

microsoft store games: pc games wont load https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-games/1790552a-493b-47d5-8ff3-36dff88b66d1"
  7. Microsoft Store not installing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store not installing games: So, I bought Sea of Thieves on the Microsoft Store and besides my best efforts to install the game and doing all of the helpful methods on this site. It just wont install. T spoke to some of Technical team one emailed me another method to try which i did to a T and still no...
  8. Games microsoft store

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Games microsoft store: So today i got a new pc, when i wanted to install my games on the microsoft store. One was there, and the other was not. He was on another account and im sure, ive activated the game in this account. Because i played it just two days before in this account so there got to be...
  9. Issues with microsoft Store and game installs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with microsoft Store and game installs: Hello, Ive been having an issue, specifically with Sea of Thieves, i install it, play it and once ive left my computer and restarted it another day, the app has encountered an error and needs re-installed, unlike steam which normally has a verify option i need to fully...
  10. Freezing when playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freezing when playing games: Hi there, in the last few days when playing games (BFBC2, BF3 and Sticky Bomb), my computer has been freezing at various points (sometimes within a minute, sometimes after 2 hours), and on reboot i get BSOD sometimes with different error messages such as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Microsoft Store Freezes when installing

2. microsoft store locks up when installing games