Windows 10: Microsoft Store freezes when installing a game

Discus and support Microsoft Store freezes when installing a game in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; My Microsoft Store freezes every time I try to install a game. When I go into my library, and click on Install for a game that I own (this happens for... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by thibautgontier, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Microsoft Store freezes when installing a game

My Microsoft Store freezes every time I try to install a game. When I go into my library, and click on Install for a game that I own (this happens for every game), the whole app freezes and nothing works, I have to close and reopen it.

At the moment I am unable to install / download anything because the store just stops working no matter what I try.

I have checked for updates, I have run wsreset as an admin, and I have restarted my computer countless times, so I'm running out of ideas.

I am running windows 10

Any help is appreciated

:)

thibautgontier, Aug 22, 2019

2. Trying to install games from Microsoft Store on Windows 10

Thanks for the suggestions. I've tried each of these, with no results. I would also like to note that on the Microsoft Store app, in my library, the game is listed, however, no option to install it is given.

TheSauce05, Aug 22, 2019
  3. Install Microsoft Store Game In Specific Folder

Hi,

I understand that you want to organize your Windows 10 storage location. However, the feature you're looking for is currently not possible. We suggest sending feedback to Microsoft using Feedback Hub app. You can visit this
    article to know more details about it.

Moreover, you could always choose a preferred location from the Store settings, or move installed content to a different drive. In case you have the OS installed on an SSD and have a dedicated drive for games, the feature will make it more convenient to
    download games to a dedicated drive before initiating the download.

You can follow the steps below on how to install Windows Store apps on a separate drive:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Click on System.
    3. Click on Storage.
    4. Under "Save locations," and on "New apps will save to," select the new drive location.

Once you completed the steps, new apps you download from the Windows Store will now install automatically in the new location.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Michelle Vil, Aug 22, 2019
  4. Microsoft Store freezes when installing a game

microsoft ultimate word games

Hi Wayne,

A corrupted profile is one of the common reasons why Microsoft Ultimate Word Games freezes or not working. To help you resolve this concern, I recommend that you perform the steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Kindly click the link below to proceed:

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 4: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps and features.
    4. Find the game and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

For additional troubleshooting steps you may perform the troubleshooting steps provided on the link below:

Game Freezes or stops responding on Windows 10 device

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Store freezes when installing a game

1. Microsoft Store freezes when installing a game - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store freezes

2. Microsoft Store/Xbox app freezing when installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store/Xbox app freezing when installing: Yesterday I've tried to play Mortal Kombat 11 on my PC, first I played on Cloud, but my internet is really bad and it got extremelly laggy, so I tried installing it, I got told to install Gaming Services and when I tried... Nothing, I let it install for a long time and...
  3. Microsoft Store/Xbox app freezing when installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store/Xbox app freezing when installing: Yesterday I've tried to play Mortal Kombat 11 on my PC, first I played on Cloud, but my internet is really bad and it got extremelly laggy, so I tried installing it, I got told to install Gaming Services and when I tried... Nothing, I let it install for a long time and...
  4. Games on Microsoft Store will not install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games on Microsoft Store will not install: I purchased the Halo Master Chief Collection on the Microsoft Store, but am having trouble installing the game. Whenever I click "Install," it brings up a window to select a hard drive with enough space. Once I select an acceptable hard drive, the window disappears and...
  5. Microsoft store not installing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store not installing games: Hi I went on my pc after not going on it for a while and I decided to play Minecraft. When I tried to play online it said outdated client I knew the game needed a update so I went to update the game on the Microsoft store. The Microsoft store did not show any updated and...
  6. Microsoft Store freezing when trying to install games

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store freezing when trying to install games: Hello, for some reason the microsoft store on my computer started freezing whenever I try to install a game. At first I was just trying to update Sea of Thieves and when I tried to open the downloads and updates tab I'd get stuck with a loading screen. Then I decided to just...
  7. Microsoft Store Not Installing Games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Not Installing Games.: I've been playing Sea of Thieves a game from the Microsoft Store for a while now, but after resetting my PC because of other problems, I can't download the game. The problem is that whenever I tried to press the install button, it just goes gray for a short bit then goes back...
  8. Microsoft store freezes when downloading a game

Microsoft store freezes when downloading a game: It also says my game is already downloaded as seen but I don't see it anywhere else and I can't uninstall it. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-freezes-when-downloading-a-game/01f6cc94-f524-47e9-b6e7-393e1012cd4b
  9. Microsoft Store Games Crash When Installed On SSD

Microsoft Store Games Crash When Installed On SSD: Hi! Thanks for reading. When I install any Microsoft Store game on my SSD the games crash. I've tried Sea Of Thieves and Forza Horizon 4. Both go to a black screen and shut down. Other games (Origin, Steam, etc work all the time). Besides that, when i download them on...
  10. Microsoft Store not installing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store not installing games: So, I bought Sea of Thieves on the Microsoft Store and besides my best efforts to install the game and doing all of the helpful methods on this site. It just wont install. T spoke to some of Technical team one emailed me another method to try which i did to a T and still no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft store freezes when installing app

2. microsoft store freezing

3. microsoft store freezes when installing game

4. microsoft store freezing when installing apps,
  5. microsoft store freezes,
  6. Microsoft Store Freezes when installing,
  7. microsoft store freezes when purchasing,
  8. microsoft store freezes when i click install,
  9. while installing apps microsoft store is freezing,
  10. microsoft store freezing after install,
  11. microsoft store freezing when installing game,