Windows 10: Microsoft Store Freezing and Crashing when attempting to download Xbox (Beta)

Discus and support Microsoft Store Freezing and Crashing when attempting to download Xbox (Beta) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I've been having issues with downloading games through the Xbox app which culminated with the app permanently hanging on the splash screen, so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FunJ11, Jan 23, 2020.

1. /u/FunJ11 Win User

Microsoft Store Freezing and Crashing when attempting to download Xbox (Beta)

Hi,

I've been having issues with downloading games through the Xbox app which culminated with the app permanently hanging on the splash screen, so I attempted to uninstall/reinstall it. The uninstall went smoothly, but now any time i attempt to download the app on the Microsoft Store, it freezes and crashes. Help would be appreciated ASAP!

submitted by /u/FunJ11
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FunJ11, Jan 23, 2020

2. Xbox App and Xbox App (Beta) keep crashing on Windows 10

Hi,

There are several reasons why the Xbox App (Beta) keeps on crashing. It is possible that the app is not updated or there is a software conflict with the other apps installed on your PC. To resolve your concern, We suggest that you perform the following solutions
    on your PC:

Solution 1. Run the Windows Apps troubleshooter by clicking the
    Run troubleshooter button on this link to fix problems with apps
    from Microsoft Store.

Solution 2. Reset the Windows Store to clear the Store cache.

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.

Solution 3. Uninstall and reinstall the Xbox App to update it.

• Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell in the search box.
    • Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.
    • Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    • Hit Enter.
    • Launch Windows Store and download the
      Xbox App (Beta)

If the issue persists, click on this link for the steps to perform a clean
    boot. This process will start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup applications. It also helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update to your PC.

Should you need further assistance, you can reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, Jan 23, 2020
  3. Microsoft Store / Xbox PC (beta) - Download Speed

Hello !

I have a Problem with a xbox pc (beta) / microsoft store.

When im trying to download the game, now is the blair witch i have drops to 0kb/s. Normally downloading game with around 7mb/s for few seconds, then drop again to 0 for some time, and that's over and over again.

Ill just say that i allready tried this solusion:

Go to start > type ‘settings’ > launch the Settings page

1. Navigate to Windows Update > select Advanced Options
    2. Go to Delivery Optimisation > select Advanced Options
    3. Now, you need to simply enable the option ‘Limit how much bandwidth is used for downloading updates in the background’ and take the slider to 100% .
    By doing this, you’ll disable the Windows 10’s Dynamic Download optimization feature which automatically limits your download speed.
    The next step is to download it again from the Microsoft Store. Keep in mind that this workaround applies only to the Store and won’t speed up third-party game downloads.
    If you’re still experiencing
    slow download issues
    after following the instructions above, restart your modem/router and then run the
    WSRESET.EXE command. Go to Start > type WSRESET.EXE and hit Enter.

After that when i start download again from the beginning, speed was fine untill it reach 1,5gb then problem came back Microsoft Store Freezing and Crashing when attempting to download Xbox (Beta) :(.

Ill also say i didint get this problem with downloading Gears 1 and 4, also Sea of theves. Just problem is with few games, like Blair Witch, Metro / i didint try more.

Drazzler6065, Jan 23, 2020
  4. Microsoft Store Freezing and Crashing when attempting to download Xbox (Beta)

Microsoft store game pass and Xbox game pass (Beta)

So I have 'game pass' for the Microsoft store that allows me to download and play the pretty much the same games that are on 'Xbox game' pass (Beta) but for some reason the beta app asks me to subscribe/pay again for the for the Xbox game pass (Beta).
    Surely if I have paid £7.99 for the Microsoft store version I should get access to the Beta version? They are both called 'Xbox game pass'. Any help?

Drummeruk2142, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Store Freezing and Crashing when attempting to download Xbox (Beta)

1. Microsoft Store Freezing and Crashing when attempting to download Xbox (Beta) - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Freezing

2. Microsoft Store/Xbox app freezing when installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store/Xbox app freezing when installing: Yesterday I've tried to play Mortal Kombat 11 on my PC, first I played on Cloud, but my internet is really bad and it got extremelly laggy, so I tried installing it, I got told to install Gaming Services and when I tried... Nothing, I let it install for a long time and...
  3. Microsoft Store/Xbox app freezing when installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store/Xbox app freezing when installing: Yesterday I've tried to play Mortal Kombat 11 on my PC, first I played on Cloud, but my internet is really bad and it got extremelly laggy, so I tried installing it, I got told to install Gaming Services and when I tried... Nothing, I let it install for a long time and...
  4. Microsoft Store and Xbox Beta

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store and Xbox Beta: Tried to fix my xbox application because I'm trying to get Forza Horizon 4 on my PC but I can't because the Xbox Beta isn't working at all and I'm trying to fix it all morning. Tried to reset the microsoft store, do the xbox installer way, and command scripts to see if it...
  5. Impossible to use Game Pass and Download anything in Xbox Beta or Microsoft Store on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Impossible to use Game Pass and Download anything in Xbox Beta or Microsoft Store on...: Hi guys, The Game Pass would be great IF something would work. I have now 2 days of installing/uninstall/re-install etc. etc. behind me without any solution. Since two days I burn hours and hours for this on my PC. I tried all I can imagine and all I read in plenty of...
  6. Cant download Xbox Beta or any Microsoft Store games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant download Xbox Beta or any Microsoft Store games.: So I bought the xbox game pass for pc, and when i tried to download xbox beta, i got an error even after restarting the pc so I tried the link to get it online, got error code 0x80073CFE even after trying multiple times and resetting the microsoft store and restarting my pc....
  7. Xbox (BETA) and windows store not downloading

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox (BETA) and windows store not downloading: I've been trying to download Gears: Tactics since release. I keep getting the error 0x800704c6, i have tried every solution and nothing has worked. The download also keeps fluctuating, hitting 1mbs then slowly slowing down to 0B/s before the error gets thrown up I have...
  8. Microsoft store freezes when downloading a game

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store freezes when downloading a game: It also says my game is already downloaded as seen but I don't see it anywhere else and I can't uninstall it. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-freezes-when-downloading-a-game/01f6cc94-f524-47e9-b6e7-393e1012cd4b
  9. Windows Store and Xbox Beta

Windows Store and Xbox Beta: My widows store does not get fixed, no matter what i try. It downloads app for 1-2 seconds and then everything stops till eternity. I have tried the following things: 1. wsreset 2. changing DNS settings 3. Updateing windows 4. Changing permissions...
  10. Microsoft Store / Xbox PC (beta) - Download Speed

Microsoft Store / Xbox PC (beta) - Download Speed: Hello ! I have a Problem with a xbox pc (beta) / microsoft store. When im trying to download the game, now is the blair witch i have drops to 0kb/s. Normally downloading game with around 7mb/s for few seconds, then drop again to 0 for some time, and that's over and over...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox downloading freezes computer while