Windows 10: Microsoft Store freezing when trying to install games

Discus and support Microsoft Store freezing when trying to install games in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, for some reason the microsoft store on my computer started freezing whenever I try to install a game. At first I was just trying to update Sea... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by ZyggyNichols, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Microsoft Store freezing when trying to install games

Hello, for some reason the microsoft store on my computer started freezing whenever I try to install a game. At first I was just trying to update Sea of Thieves and when I tried to open the downloads and updates tab I'd get stuck with a loading screen. Then I decided to just try to uninstall the game and reinstall it with the update when I came across the problem where it'll freeze. I've tried this with one other game as well and got the same results. If anyone could shoot me a tip on how to fix this problem it'd be much appreciated.

:)

ZyggyNichols, Jun 3, 2020

2. Trying to install games from Microsoft Store on Windows 10

Thanks for the suggestions. I've tried each of these, with no results. I would also like to note that on the Microsoft Store app, in my library, the game is listed, however, no option to install it is given.

TheSauce05, Jun 3, 2020
  3. Microsoft Store freezes when installing a game

My Microsoft Store freezes every time I try to install a game. When I go into my library, and click on Install for a game that I own (this happens for every game), the whole app freezes and nothing works, I have to close and reopen it.

At the moment I am unable to install / download anything because the store just stops working no matter what I try.

I have checked for updates, I have run wsreset as an admin, and I have restarted my computer countless times, so I'm running out of ideas.

I am running windows 10

Any help is appreciated

thibautgontier, Jun 3, 2020
  4. Microsoft Store freezing when trying to install games

Microsoft Store freezes when installing a game

Hi. thibautgontier

My name is Anthony, an Independent Advisor trying to help.

In this case, first, log in to your Microsoft account. Next, try these possible solutions in the order they are displayed.

1. Make sure Windows has the latest update: Select Check for updates now and then select Check for updates. Or, select the Start button and then Settings> Update and security> Windows Update> Check for updates. If an update is available, select Install now.

2. Make sure your application works with Windows 10. For more information, see The application does not work with Windows 10.

3. Update Microsoft Store: Select the Start button and then, in the list of applications, choose Microsoft Store. In the Microsoft Store, select View more> Downloads and updates> Get updates. If an update is available for the Microsoft Store, it will begin
    to install automatically.

4. Troubleshoot games: If you have problems installing a game, see Troubleshoot game installations in Windows 10.

5. Repair or reset applications: See Repair or remove programs in Windows 10.

6. Reinstall the applications: In the Microsoft Store, select View more> My library. Select the application you want to reinstall and then choose Install.

7. Run the troubleshooter: Select the Start button and then Settings> Update and security> Troubleshoot and then, in the list, choose Applications from the Store.

Best Regards.

Anthony. -

AnthonyBurns03, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Store freezing when trying to install games

1. Microsoft Store freezing when trying to install games - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store freezing

2. Microsoft Store crashes when trying to install "gaming components"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store crashes when trying to install "gaming components": I was trying to get mincecraft launcher to install all day, looking at different forums and different solutions but nothing worked. I then deleted all of the Xbox apps and tried to reinstall them but when i try to reinstall the Xbox app from MS store it says to try again...
  3. Microsoft Store crashes when trying to install "gaming components"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store crashes when trying to install "gaming components": I was trying to get mincecraft launcher to install all day, looking at different forums and different solutions but nothing worked. I then deleted all of the Xbox apps and tried to reinstall them but when i try to reinstall the Xbox app from MS store it says to try again...
  4. Error in the Microsoft Store when trying to download a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error in the Microsoft Store when trying to download a game.: I am getting error 0x80070005 while downloading Armory Crate, I need help because it is a must to download Armory Crate on this laptop. I already tried various methods such as: sfc scan, reboot in mscservice the Microsoft Store, clean boot even when logging out and logging...
  5. Error in the Microsoft Store when trying to download a game.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error in the Microsoft Store when trying to download a game.: I am getting error 0x80070005 while downloading Armory Crate, I need help because it is a must to download Armory Crate on this laptop. I already tried various methods such as: sfc scan, reboot in mscservice the Microsoft Store, clean boot even when logging out and logging...
  6. Error in the Microsoft Store when trying to download a game.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. Error when trying to install Microsoft Store

Error when trying to install Microsoft Store: I do this: Get-AppxPackage -allusers *WindowsStore* Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"} And get this: Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF6, Package could not be registered. error...
  8. Trying to install game on microsoft store install but does nothing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to install game on microsoft store install but does nothing: I have enough storage on the D: drive but it doesnt do anything when i try to install the game. Its FH3 if that matters. The store doesnt have any updates. Using version Windows 10 version 20H2. Any possible solutions are appreciated. submitted by /u/ZoneXSS [link]...
  9. Microsoft store freezes when downloading a game

Microsoft store freezes when downloading a game: It also says my game is already downloaded as seen but I don't see it anywhere else and I can't uninstall it. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-freezes-when-downloading-a-game/01f6cc94-f524-47e9-b6e7-393e1012cd4b
  10. Microsoft Store freezes when installing a game

Microsoft Store freezes when installing a game: My Microsoft Store freezes every time I try to install a game. When I go into my library, and click on Install for a game that I own (this happens for every game), the whole app freezes and nothing works, I have to close and reopen it. At the moment I am unable to install /...