Windows 10: Microsoft Store Game Apps not launching in Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft Store Game Apps not launching in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Installing fine but when go to play or launch, the program shuts down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GordonLynch1, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Microsoft Store Game Apps not launching in Windows 10

Installing fine but when go to play or launch, the program shuts down

:)

GordonLynch1, Oct 14, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to launch Microsoft Store and Microsoft store apps.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how it could be when the applications doesn’t work as they are supposed to. We will look into this. However, please reply to the following questions to help you in a better way:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Are you aware of any changes made on the computer recently?

In the meantime, I suggest you to follow the steps from the article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    to fix the issues with the Microsoft apps that are not launching. Also, follow the steps from the article

Microsoft Store doesn't launch
    to fix the issues you are facing in launching Store.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 14, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 14, 2019
  4. Microsoft Store Game Apps not launching in Windows 10

Unable to Launch Apps or Games from Microsoft Store

From since last week, I have been unable to get any game or app downloaded from Microsoft Store to launch. Previously they worked but now when I try to run them or launch after a reinstall, the page that should open up briefly appears and disappears in
    the same moment. I have tried several of the suggested fixes that were suggested in the forum but none seem to work.

[Moved from: Windows/ Gaming on Windows 10]

ROALDBOXILL, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Store Game Apps not launching in Windows 10

1. Microsoft Store Game Apps not launching in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Game

2. Unable to launch any Xbox app game or Microsoft Store app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to launch any Xbox app game or Microsoft Store app.: I've had this problem for days. When I try to launch a game on the Xbox app, I get an error message saying that the game cannot be launched, with the error code "0x80070005". The problem associated to this error code on Xbox's website relates to Xbox One, which I do not own....
  3. Unable to launch any Xbox app game or Microsoft Store app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to launch any Xbox app game or Microsoft Store app.: I've had this problem for days. When I try to launch a game on the Xbox app, I get an error message saying that the game cannot be launched, with the error code "0x80070005". The problem associated to this error code on Xbox's website relates to Xbox One, which I do not own....
  4. Games on the Microsoft store won’t launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games on the Microsoft store won’t launch: I bought a game pass for one dollar on my pc and this isn’t the first time I’ve bought one and this has happened before. The games Subnautica and Sea of thieves won’t launch no matter what I do and subnautica had uninstalled itself when I reset the application. Now subnautica...
  5. Windows 10 Microsoft Store games not launching HELP

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Microsoft Store games not launching HELP: I have been digging for a solution to my problem for a while but with no avail. It started off with when I got Minecraft Windows 10 version, it initially started up fine and was able to cross-play with my friends. After some time the game will crash in game, but nothing too...
  6. Unable to launch Microsoft Store and Microsoft store apps.

Unable to launch Microsoft Store and Microsoft store apps.: When i want to open any microsoft store apps including microsoft store ,it is not launching .Why this problem is happening and what is the effective solution ? ***Modified title from: microsoft store***...
  7. Microsoft store games crashing on launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store games crashing on launch: Every time I launch games from the Microsoft store such as ARK: Survival Evolved, Forza and Sea of Thieves (The only Microsoft store games I have downloaded on my pc) the games show me this: [IMG]Then they immediately close out as if they never launched. I've updated...
  8. Microsoft Store app not launching

Microsoft Store app not launching: can you help ***Original title: I can't get the Microsoft Stoe ap to open*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-app-not-launching/f2a00320-3f2d-4045-8315-c392d3522af2"
  9. Unable to launch games or apps from the Microsoft store.

Unable to launch games or apps from the Microsoft store.: Split from this thread. Is there a way for me to open the Microsoft Store with the purpose of opening an app or game and have it download and then launch immediately for me to use. I am a self taught user and am 72 years of age. An unwanted person who compromised my...
  10. Microsoft launches push-to-install apps and games feature for Windows 10 App Store

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft launches push-to-install apps and games feature for Windows 10 App Store: Microsoft is launching a new feature called “push-to-install” for Microsoft Store (formerly known as Windows Store) and it allows users to remotely install apps and games on other devices. The new Microsoft Store feature was announced in a quest on the Feedback Hub. The...